collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Holiday Decorating Ideas, Themes, Photos etc  (Read 2134 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Decorating Ideas, Themes, Photos etc
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:45 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's a pic of my tree when I first got it a couple years ago. I've since added to my ornament collection. It's looking a little sparse there, but I love it. I always wanted a white tree with black ornaments (but black are harder to find, so I use purple too).  :lol:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 12:17:49 AM »
Love the white with black! Very chic.

Post Merge: November 11, 2013, 12:19:13 AM

I've thought about using my BB to decorate, or add a little pony touch, although I don't have many of them, so it would be a hint, although it doesn't really go with the theme we're doing  :P

You could always turn some spare blind bags into custom ornaments to make them fit whatever theme you're going with, or incorporate them into something.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:12 AM »
I also love the white and black (dark purple), very chic and elegant :) A few years back I did have black ornaments and I loved them, they were so different and just beautiful.

I have thought of doing that NoD, the only problem is, I don't actually have spare BB, the ones that I do have, I don't have any duplicates of :P I say come next Christmas I'll have a ton of extras and then I can really go to town on them ^.^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
Pink, probably.

Im planning on making some sweets themed ornaments this year :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 04:09:09 AM »
My husband and I always pick up a 2ft tree to put on our tabletop since we have such a small apartment.  Our local Whole Foods gets them in every year :)  I decorate it with glass and bottlebrush woodland animals so it has kind of an enchanted forest look. 
Our ornaments are kind of like these:  http://www.westelm.com/search/results.html?words=bottle+brush&cm_sp=OnsiteSearch-_-GlobalNav-_-Button 

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »
Our family tree was a fake, 6ft black coloured one. We decked it out with white and bright pink decorations, with fluffy, heart-shaped lights! It looked awesome. This year will be the first for my husband and I (his family have always had real trees) so it'll be interesting to decorate our first tree together!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 06:28:14 AM »
Hey Sunshine, you could buy cheap beach balls at the dollar store come summer time and paint them and hang them in your tree. :P
Not sure what to do about the lights though.

That's actually a cute idea - I will have to stock up on beach balls when they're back in stock at the dollar store... :lol: Yeah - lights are a challenge, I don't know how people do it, I would need a crane to decorate that tree outside but, I swear it's SO perfectly shaped and beautiful... :heart:

We actually also want to decorate all our chestnut trees (26 in all) but...I can't imagine the cost of doing decorating like that. Where I grew up, we used to drive up and down the lake (like, everyone did, it was a "thing") and look at all the mansions decorated for Christmas... some of these people (I knew one of them) spent over $10,000 a month on electricity when they had all their decorations up... but apparently to them, that was chump change... :huh:

I've always wanted the winter wonderland house... the one transformed into the most amazing Winter holiday house ever, but as soon as you start buying decorations, the price REALLY begins to add up!

I met a lady at Goodwill who was shopping along side me in the Christmas section, said that she used to have 15 Christmas trees in her house, and she's downsized and now only has 4... I mean... WHY ARE YOU AT GOODWILL?!

Wow, lol that was off topic...
:blush:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »
I'd love to decorate my house like a winter wonderland as well but alas finances don't allow. Not to mention the wind that would have all my decorations scattered across the neighborhood.

Sooo, we attempted to make salt dough ornaments. But we only had half the salt for the recipe. So we halved the flour as well. May have turned out ok but I didn't shorten the cooking time any and when I took them out they were crispy and the hand prints we made puffed up like a balloon. >.<

So, gotta get more salt and try again. :/
Or maybe try the cornstarch recipe.

We did decorate a small Dogwood tree with white lights when we lived in Virginia. Hubby climbed up the tree and wrapped it in lights. We just left them on the tree until we moved. It was pretty when it snowed. :)

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
Thanks for the information Mikeysgrrl. 

My family had a live tree every year. Though for several years we had a fake tree, due to my Mom's allergy to something pine tree related. It cleared up after three years and we went back to lives ones. No problems. Our pets stayed away from the trees, though we always hung breakables up high.

Anyone old enough to remember the old glass tree lights? The ones that would heat up and suck down half the power in your home? Yeah my family had those on the tree and outside on the house (along the eves). They where awesome but could seriously blow a few fuses if done wrong.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

wyndstar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 12:24:20 PM »
my tree is fake and i use blue and white lights on it. a majority of my ornaments are blue and silver (some of them i've gotten from our old family tree). I also have a bunch of fairies because i've been collecting the hallmark fairy messengers ornaments every year. i have a bunch of star ornaments. and also some nice glass ones because i used to work at the bombay company and would treat myself to an ornament every year :) oh and i have glass icicles which i love because they catch the lights.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:02 PM »
Hi, I'm Katika, and I've been a Christmasaholic for 28 years...

I have five Christmas trees...   :lookround:

Two of them are actually new from last year and my oldest one *might* be retired now because it was starting to show its age last year.  I can't decide if I want to theme them or keep with my usual collage feel, though.  I tend to gravitate towards snowmen and penguins, though reindeer have been popping up more frequently than not in my ornament selection.  Like I said.  I have a problem with problem controlling my cheer... LOL!

I do have a pony tree that I actually put up in my pony room.  It's not the official G3 one, but is pre-lit, pink tinsel and that one I do theme with pony-only ornaments.  My dad made a couple thousand (no joke) stained glass ornaments one year and I ended up with quite a few of them, so one of my trees is sometimes all glass ornaments (that one is really pretty when it's lit).  I've been collecting non-breakable horse/barn themed ornaments over the past year and have been debating putting a tree up (not lit) in the tack room this year, but am worried about the cats knocking it over and cleaning the dust off of everything when it is time to pack it away.

I go absolutely nuts with decorating.  Every room in the house gets holly and jolly.  My porch gets holly and jolly.  My trees, my riding arena, my fence posts?  You guessed it.  I'm one of the few vegetarians that actually looks forward to Thanksgiving because that means I get to decorate the next day (Black Friday's never been my thing, anyway).  Strangely enough, I don't have any pictures of my full decorations being up...  Might have to change that this year!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »
Wow, I love learning about how everyone else decorates, you guys all have great ideas, colour schemes and even themes. It's just so nice to hear everyone talk about it.

I wont lie, Christmas is probably my favourite holiday, I absolutely love decorating and making things, I love looking at Christmas trees and taking walks in the winter and admiring all the lit up homes and yards :)

Not to mention the snow :biggrin: There's just a teensy bit on the ground now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get a white Christmas this year, it's been a few years since we've had one :huh:

Hubby and I went for a nice walk and picked up some crafting supplies for making some Christmas ornaments :) I made some more ornaments tonight as well ^.^

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
My decorations are all blue and white/silver. Some things have a little bit of red but not much. I do polar bears, reindeer, and snowmen. I like to keep more of a general winter theme and don't go too crazy with the decorating so I can enjoy it until February.
I don't have a tree. There is no room for one in my apartment plus I leave in mid December to spend a few weeks with family, and there is a nice big tree to enjoy and everything that goes along with the holiday so I get my full share of Christmas. :)
Recently I have started to like Christmas a lot more and like to go all out with my family but I can definitely wait until Thanksgiving to get in the "mood" and I am absolutely done by Jan 1.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
I would love to do a pony themed tree with pony ornaments, ribbons and lights!!
But I just use stuff that was handed down to me, all kinds of random things from over the years. Like, I remember when the Christmas tree was taller than I was!!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
We'll have the same plastic tree we had the last years (I can't kill any trees just for christmas lol that's why we have that plastic one now)

I'll start decorating the house around 2nd of December and will set the tree just a few days before christmas.

This is an old pic (I have more baubles now)

And if I don't sell these ornaments at the christmas market I'll put them on my own tree :D

Oh and I made this polymer clay candy pyramide few years ago:

And I'll "wrap" our door again:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal