collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Holiday Decorating Ideas, Themes, Photos etc  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Holiday Decorating Ideas, Themes, Photos etc
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 08:24:05 AM »
Kezrob23, you are SO lucky! Santa left you McDonalds under your tree AND he put the straw in your drink for you! So lucky!!

This was ours last year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just a plain white tree, strand of lights. Growing up we had a vintage star that blinked as a topper. My mom didn't tell me it broke, when I found out (i died a little bit inside) , but I found one sort of like it at Goodwill. That's it up top. :)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »
Kezrob23, you are SO lucky! Santa left you McDonalds under your tree AND he put the straw in your drink for you! So lucky!!

lmao!!! I took so many pics of the tree that year, and the only decent one had the macca's drink in it!!

I love your white tree, I've always wanted a white one. But nobody else does :(

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »

lmao!!! I took so many pics of the tree that year, and the only decent one had the macca's drink in it!!

I love your white tree, I've always wanted a white one. But nobody else does :(
You're welcome to ours. :) I don't think we'll be needing it this year, if we move in with my parents. >< I do have a small white one as well! I'll most likely put that one up in our room if we do move.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
We always cut a real tree from our garden, put it up in the morning of Chrismas Eve and decorate it then. The decorations are mainly red and gold. This was last year:

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:29 PM »
We always cut a real tree from our garden, put it up in the morning of Chrismas Eve and decorate it then. The decorations are mainly red and gold. This was last year:

What a wonderfully sweet tradition! I love it! And the tree you had last year was beautiful.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
mmm well each room of our house has a Christmas tree (not necessarily large trees some are only three or four foot tall and the bathroom has a tiny tree that is a foot tall). We have a ton of expensive ornaments and are pretty traditional so our main tree stays the same.  I could never just do a themed tree unless it was one of the small ones. I don't like just one type of thing on it or it to look all uniform. There is something about a tree having our multiple interests all over it in ornaments ect that makes it more fun and colorful to me.

Now I do have a tiny tree we keep in one room that for example has all the photograph pictures. We have gotten so many photo ornaments over the years it's hard to pick which ones go on the tree and you hate to leave someone out. All the photo ornaments go on that tree for that reason. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm going to do a white, turquoise, yellow and gold tree this year. Spray branches white and wedge them together in a pot. My Nan told me that's what they did in the war or what poor people did, I think it would make a nice change from evergreen.

Something along the lines of this...

Planning to hang lindor chocs, cinnamon sticks and star anise, small painted pine cones and small ornaments. I have some beautiful white cherubs from a German shop in bath. I want to get some fairy lights this year. Will post pics =)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
That's a really beautiful idea, I also love the look of trees done in that style :) I think it's tasteful and adds a simple elegance, easy on the pocket and so many ways to pull it off :) I really love your idea of decorating with lindt chocolate and cinnamon sticks, not only will it look nice but your home is gonna smell so yummy ^.^

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
That's a really beautiful idea, I also love the look of trees done in that style :) I think it's tasteful and adds a simple elegance, easy on the pocket and so many ways to pull it off :) I really love your idea of decorating with lindt chocolate and cinnamon sticks, not only will it look nice but your home is gonna smell so yummy ^.^

Yes I guess it will smell nice! You just gave me another idea, thank you! I also have cinnamon and orange essential oils so I could drop them on some pine cones and hang them to scent the other rooms :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2013, 10:34:18 AM »
Finally got our Christmas decorating all done today :biggrin: So this is a little pic heavy ;)

and last but not least is my absolute most favourite Christmas item ^.^

We designed this ornament last year in celebration of not only our first Christmas together but also to commemorate our wedding. The back of the ornament is a picture of us holding hands (taken on our wedding day after we exchanged rings obviously lol) and the words are part of our wedding vows to each other :)

So there you have it, I pic spammed the thread with my Christmasness  ;) Who's next? :P

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:34 AM »
Beautiful!!!! I wish it could be me next, but it's getting warmer here so I have to wait another week or 2 to get our tree. But in my mind it's all planned!!

wyndstar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
awesome!! LOVE the christmastreepony! totally squealed when i saw branches as her tail lol!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »
awesome!! LOVE the christmastreepony! totally squealed when i saw branches as her tail lol!

Cute, right? It all came about accidently :blush: I had various Christmas crafty supplies laying about and I wanted to work on one of my customs, so I was cleaning up and tossed the longer branches into the pony and I kept looking at it. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. So I grabbed more twigs, and some other supplies and just kinda threw it all together.

I love the branch as the tail too, it's cute ^.^ It came together pretty good and it makes my art area all Christmas like :P

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:52 AM »
It really works! Lovely to see. I'm moving into my new little place on Tuesday so I will have top wait till then to decorate but I had two lovely Christmassy things today, first we put the Christmas tree up in the tea room at the museum where I volunteer, then I came home to ponymail of my first ever Powder, turns out she's NM too  :satisfied:

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
AWESOME, Christmas tree pony!! I love Christmas; it's my favorite holiday. We tried a real tree last year but the poor thing didn't survive through 2013 so we're going with a fakie this year (the most realistic one I can find!) I'm not fancy with the rest of the decorating: just some lights outside and a few stockings indoors and I'm pretty much set. My boyfriend and I agreed earlier that nothing goes up until December 1st.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal