collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer Bought Bait Ponies & Wants a Refund  (Read 4300 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Buyer Bought Bait Ponies & Wants a Refund
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:49:05 AM »
 :shrug:

The Details:   
G4 Friendship is Magic Brushables Ponies My Little Pony MLP BAIT LOT!
Item ID:   221938723140
Order ID:   221938723140-0
Buyer email:   [removed for privacy]
Sale price:   $5.74
Sale date:   Nov-27-15 19:00:18 PST
Buyer ID:   tekga
Return ID:   5021872008
Return opened:   Dec-27-15 17:47:54 PST
Return shipping:   seller pays
Return reason:   Doesn't work or defective
Comments:   Hi, These are super used. It looks worse than the picture. Opened it the day before Christmas and they look awful. You should not have listed them at all.

Tracking info: DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX Dec-03-15, 15:19 PM

Original Listing Here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G4-Friendship-Magic-Brushables-Ponies-My-Little-Pony-MLP-BAIT-LOT-/221938723140

My Thoughts:  I accept returns within 14 days.  Buyer waited 21 days to open package. :shrug:

eBay's policy is 30 days, so to avoid any complications I am accepting the refund.  As soon as I get the ponies back, I will refund the buyer.

The buyer is an established eBay user with 100% positive feedback.  The title states that they're baits, the group picture clearly represents the condition of the ponies, and the description is quite clear that they have ink marks and cut hair.  I am just so confused that they thought they were getting ponies in non-bait condition.  I mean: :shrug:

I just wanted to share this with ya'll.

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Buyer Bought Bait Ponies & Wants a Refund
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:29 AM »
IMO the photos are clear and you mention their flaws in the listing, so the buyer should have paid more attention when buying. You're in the right.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:04:41 AM »
That is really weird :blink:  It's SO OBVIOUS in the pictures that the ponies have been near-wrecked :crazy:

Emerald is right, you did nothing wrong :/  Some people on eBay are just... special -_-   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:37:38 AM »
Honestly, I understand your listing. However, I can see how someone who isn't really into ponies (like a parent or grandparent) might of missed how severe the flaws were.

Try to use terminology that non collectors well understand.. Like "very poor condition". Saying bait is OK too to flag attention of collectors. I think this might of been confusing 

I'm sure the buyer knew they were in poor condition, but they mention they didn't think they were as bad. Multiple pictures will help drive the point these are in awful condition.

Eta: I'm sorry you have to deal with a return. Returns stink.

Whenever something like this happens to me, I double check the listing and go " oh yeah, I'm a dummy buyer, the flaw was noticeable in the picture"... And I don't bother my seller about it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:43:46 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
I guess she just wasn't paying attention, but it was as clear as can be in photos and description that they had problems. This was no fault of yours. Sorry you had to deal with this.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:54:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Emerald

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 06:53:42 AM »
"Woah.  What is up with these ponies?  All have ink marks and cut hair.  Perfect bait lot for your OOAK creations...or maybe you'll want to keep Rarity looking exactly like she does.  Clown-ity?"

I don't see how anyone could read this and NOT expect hot mess ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 06:55:36 AM »
"Woah.  What is up with these ponies?  All have ink marks and cut hair.  Perfect bait lot for your OOAK creations...or maybe you'll want to keep Rarity looking exactly like she does.  Clown-ity?"

My guess is. They didn't read.

Emerald

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 06:56:29 AM »

Yeah, there are a lot of people who don't read and just assume stuff on the internet. That's entirely their fault, though. It drives me nuts when people do it.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 07:52:36 AM »

This!

In the reply they said "It looks worse than the picture." People need to learn to read. I recently sold a pony that I stated in the description that the pony couldn't stand on its own. Then the buyer complained in their feedback that the pony was pretty but couldn't stand well. It's not exactly something you can picture!!!

Emerald

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 08:04:30 AM »
Even if you wrote PONY CAN'T STAND on a photo people probably still wouldn't read it. -_-

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »

This!

In the reply they said "It looks worse than the picture." People need to learn to read. I recently sold a pony that I stated in the description that the pony couldn't stand on its own. Then the buyer complained in their feedback that the pony was pretty but couldn't stand well. It's not exactly something you can picture!!!

I can understand someone making a mistake.  I can understand someone not reading the description fully.  I can understand someone wanting a refund, even if it was their mistake.  It's what they wrote that makes me go "huh?"

"Opened it the day before Christmas and they look awful. You should not have listed them at all."

My thoughts:
Um.  Okay.  That's totally your own issue.  You held on to it for 21 days and waited before Christmas to open the package.  I can understand you being frustrated.  Why do you feel the need to say this, though?  "You should not have listed them at all."  Er, you kinda sorta were in a bidding war with someone else, so even if you didn't want them, someone else (who probably read the description) wanted them.  You're an established eBay user with 100% positive feedback.  You made a mistake.  It's all good, but own it!

Ya know what, if it took the person 21 days to open the package, do you think they'll be able to package and ship the ponies back by the deadline?  ^.^
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:43:29 AM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
I understand that too.I've made mistakes cuz I didn't read or I got so excited that I clicked buy now. But I would Never Ever blame the seller for My mistake

An example.

My grandma does not understand how buying on eBay works and she bought this expensive facial cream. We didn't bother to check how big 10 oz was and she was mad that they were so tiny, it was the wrong kind too and that the seller shipped em out too quickly to try and cancel. She wanted me to leave bad feedback and I refused to cuz it was Our fault, not the sellers. Later, she said it worked better then her old stuff. Oy.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:50:45 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 08:44:39 AM »
I understand that too.I've made mistakes cuz I didn't read or I got so excited that I clicked buy now. But I would Never Ever blame the seller for My mistake

Exactly. ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 08:59:45 AM »

Exactly. ;)

Btw I'm pretty slow, I looked at your listing and finally  realized that I've seen your eBay account. D'oh!

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 09:13:05 AM »
Adding that buyer to my blocked list.

So sorry they filed a not as described case against you for an auction that was most definitely accurately described.

Sounds like a buyer remorse case to me and they chose "not as described" so they would not have to pay return shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal