collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think should get an individualized prize next challenge as a reward for her superb performance this week?

Abbey
8 (7.4%)
Aria
17 (15.7%)
Cupid
11 (10.2%)
Jordan
7 (6.5%)
Kalma
29 (26.9%)
Lilitha
11 (10.2%)
Nanami
12 (11.1%)
Percie
2 (1.9%)
Rhonda
11 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: August 08, 2012, 08:03:07 PM

Author Topic: Challenge 5 - Evaluation  (Read 5275 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 5 - Evaluation
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
Good evening, ghouls. It is time for your evaluation.

You recall our judges:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Abbey:

Janice: You've got the pretty part down. You're cute and angelic - what more can anyone ask for in a model? Oh wait, I'm sure Tyra has *something* contrary to say...

Tyra: Abbey Abbey Abbey…I'm not sure what to make of this. Why do you look so incredibly shy? You showed us in pin-up week that you can be quite the stunner - where is this stunning lady now? Your curls look magnificent, your face glimmering and beautiful but the photo overall just doesn't do it for me.

Nigel: Abbey, my dear.  What happened? I had a momentary panic of thinking big game hunters got you ... A floating headshot feels very amateurish coming from you dear.  But those curls are to die for! very still, and safe, and boring ghoul ... where's a soft, luxurious background to make you sparkle and shine?  You are gorgeous and shine all on your own!  Let us see it!

Scarlett: You look incredibly pretty here, though perhaps you could have modelled it up a bit more? While color is nice and all, the simplicity of black and white would have pulled it all together a little better in my opinion and highlighted your assets even more. I’d really love to compare this shot with one in B&W. Ugh, where’s my assistant when I need him?

Aria:

Janice: Absolutely perfect. Reminds me of my first photoshoot in the last 1700’s. Oh wait, photography wasn’t invented yet; those were engravings!

Tyra: Classic, classy Aria. But that's all I'm seeing here. This photo is too safe - I don't see a lot standing out at me. You're such a beautiful ghoul but there isn't much going on here to give it that "Wow!" factor. I'm not sure the filtering worked to your advantage this week; it hides those gorgeous eyes that would've really made this photo pop a fair amount more.

Nigel: Another bold choice of black/white/sepia.  Very safe again and not showy, and totally not like you Aria.  Was it the intimate nature of the shoot?  It certainly doesn't scream classic Aria to me.  Your eyes are unique ... let the world see them in all their glory, ghoul!

Scarlett: Contrary to Nigel and Tyra, I happen to realllllly like this photo. It works in black and white, although it would have worked even better in color, as your different colored eyes don’t translate as well this way. The curve to your hair is so pretty, as is your necklace. I like the composition as well. It’s fangtastic.

Cupid:

Janice: ”Lucy, you have some ‘splaining to do!” Everything about you, from those beautiful blue eyes to your fur stole, SCREAMS Hollywood Glamour! The lens flare just seems out of place though; it would be better suited to an action shot, not a beauty portrait. But do you see what you're doing to me, lady??? I'm reduced to nitpicking about lens flares because there is nothing else to harp on!

Tyra: Can we say vintage Hollywood glamour?! Its fabulous, Cupid! I do wish the brightness in the photo would've been turned down a bit and I'm totally lost on your arms but otherwise you look spectacular!

Nigel: Cupid ... channeling my beloved Marilyn again?  The gentle wave of your hair around your face, the seemingly casual tilt of your face, the glint of your earring, the lush, rich furs you are snuggled into scream beauty to me ... but where are your hands?

Scarlett: The angle is perfect here. Your face and hair are divine. I don’t think a single hair is out of place. This is beauty at its finest. (That being said, Cupid, the elbows bent out at that angle does seem a bit odd…sort of like a big macho man with his arms out because his biceps are too big to lay flat! That’s my only criticism, I swear!)

Jordan:

Janice: We've seen a lot of candy colors from you, so it's nice to see you tone it down and show us something refined and sophisticated this week! I think the sepia tone really works for you, and you simply must lend me that headpiece! Those crossed arms look a bit awkward, though.

Tyra: Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love the contrast, your feather facinator and that simple black dress just ties it all in! However, your crossed arms make you look a bit uncomfortable.

Nigel: I've always said the world needs more Fascinators ... not those gaudy kind worn by those trying to draw attention away from royalty and to themselves ... anyways, back on track.  I love the beguiling nature of your beauty shot Jordan, but again ... floating body parts ... what is it this week?  Is it Adams Family "thing" appreciation week? I love extra helping hands, but I prefer them attached to a body. *chuckles*  Bold choice to go with the black/white/sepia tones, screams classic boudoir shot to me.

Scarlett: You bring your own sense of style to this shoot, and I love you for that. The sepia tone works nicely with you and your outfit, and I like the one eye on display. Your lips and fangs look incredible here. (Who is your makeup artist?) Unfortunately crossed arms rarely work well unless the shot is being taken from straight on. A simple hand on your hip would have sufficed here.

Kalma:

Janice: Your first entry sent shivers down my back, but your second entry, the one I’m checking out now – THIS is the money shot! You’re a skeletal angel here beckoning your lover to your side. Help me get my lovers back…they’re always running away!

Tyra: Ghoul, I'm in LOVE with this! You look stunning, your hair flowing and following your arm is just so enticing! Even though we do lose your other arm, this is still one spectacular shot.

Nigel: Very flowing and willowy, which works amazingly well with your rigid skeletal feel…really provides a wonderful balance to you and allows your beauty to shine through.

Scarlett: This is what a beauty shot is all about. I want your eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, and I even want your nose paint. It’s simple and elegant, and the gently flow of your hair adds a whimsical touch to it. I like how one arm is the focus – sometimes that’s all that is needed. My only criticism would be in regards to your hand. At this angle (and due to your delicate bone structure) it starts to resemble a claw. I would have adjusted the angle by a few degrees. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say! Again with those eyes….just unreal.

Lilitha:

Janice: You’ve achieved nice balance and an alluring pose. This could be me…if I were white-skinned. And a few centuries younger…

Tyra: Oh goodness, gettin' nude for the shoot. This is quite a risk for you, considering you've been much more modest in your past photos and I commend you for taking it! I see a shy demeanor in your photo, especially since you're covering yourself with your hands, but at the same time I do see beauty.

Nigel: Ghoul, my heart just skipped a beat!  That coy little seductive smile, and the baring it all but not really, keeps it beautifully classy and elegant almost.  Almost expect to see you reaching for a towel.  Simple, but not blah.  Keep this up ghoul and you'll win the competition!

Scarlett: This is a classic yet simple beauty shot. Your hair has this wonderful slippery look, and THE glow on your right cheek is pure genius. Your hands are placed just right, and your face has a haunting look that registers the following keywords in my head – Seduction, Red Ruby Lips, Glow, Darkness. I’m really impressed, and I don't say that often!

Nanami:

Janice: Dead on beautiful, but tell the cameraman to work on that contrast. Your skin tone is too close to your background. I would have liked to have seen a brighter contrast like last week! That green background takes away from your amazing eyes.

Tyra: Stunning, gorgeous, joyful. Other than your arm creeping into the photo out of nowhere I'm not sure there's anything else I can critique on. I love how comfortable you look with yourself, how sassy and of course, how beautiful you look!

Nigel: You sultry little minx you ... spot on! You can see just enough arm to not have a floating hand, your shot is up close and personal, your accessories accentuate and don't hide you.  The smooth curve of your hair on one side and the soft, almost curled wave on the other creates enough movement in the picture to not make it feel stagnant or tired.  Wonderful wonderful shot ghoul. Kudos.

Scarlett: I agree with Nigel on the accessories. You are the focus here, and the jewelry only adds to your beauty; it doesn’t hinder it. Your eyes are amazing here – so big and green and full of life. I like the flow of your hair, and sneaking in the hint of a hand adds a different dimension to the photo. I like the angle of the photo, too. Very professional.

Percie:

Janice: I like your eye contact with the camera, but honey, did you fall asleep on the couch?! Way too much going on here for my witchy taste – red and purple and flyaway hair? I can’t handle it! 

Tyra: You have such a pretty face and I know you've got quite the diva attitude.. Where is it here? Your hair behind you becomes lost in the background and you look like a deer in headlights.

Nigel: Your eyes speak to me, but your pose, your tail ... tip ... just drains my eyes off the shot!  I know I've said it before, your tail can be a huge asset to you ... but it can also be a huge detraction like it is now ... seemingly disembodied and floating out there.  You do make this shot all about you though, which is how a glamour shot should be.

Scarlett: Your eyes and lips radiate. As for your body language, Nigel’s already mentioned the awkwardness to your tail. I think your white lock of hair adds a different look to the photo even if it’s not my personal style. It does seem that you’re reclining away from the camera though. Overall, it’s not as dynamic as I would have liked to see.

Rhonda:

Janice: You do elegant well, but my God, whose hand is that?? It looks like another monster has sneaked their right hand in to cop a feel! Can't say I blame them, though...

Tyra: Whimsical, innocent, a bit shy but still certainly beautiful. You radiate such a youthful beauty in this photo and it's quite pleasant to look at the flora and fauna joining you in the scen- OH MY GHOUL WHO'S HAND IS THA--.. Oh that's yours! Scared me there, eek!

Nigel: Rhonda, my beautiful witch! The greens and blues are beautiful against the shock of the red background which is a wonderful choice of background by the way ... but the disembodied hand ... floating there ... ominously ... really pulls away from the uncomplicated beauty of your piece.

Scarlett: This is perfection aside from one itty bitty thing. But we’ll focus on the good first! Your face captures the emotion of the shoot - you’re beautiful, you know it, and you’re going to show it off! The composition is spectacular. Just the way you’re touching that flower to your head makes me shiver. The problem here is your right hand. It doesn’t do anything for the shot. If I were you, I would have pulled my bicep down alongside my torso, and bent my arm at an angle so that the butterfly was perched at the tip of my fingers. It’s a spectacular shot – the best I’ve seen of your modeling thus far – but as always, the devil is in the details.

Good luck, everyone! You all put the 'beauty' in 'beauty shot'! May the best ghoul win!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 5 - Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
Hmmn, one of those moment where I wish I knew what the judges thought about my other shot. P:

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »
beautiful shots this week! everyone :heart: I love them all!!!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »
OMG The competition has gotten fierce! This is an amazing set of photos. Simply breath-taking. How can anyone pick ONE? I am just beside myself with this amazing work! Congrats to all!!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
Yet another difficult vote!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »
It's scary to see how SHORT that list in the poll looks! Such diversity of shots this week, good luck everyone!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
I was shocked when I got to the end too! I was thinking, "Where is everyone?" Not that I needed more awesome shots to make it even HARDER to choose.

I didn't agree with a lot of the judges critiques this week, I don't mind 'disembodied hands' especially on monsters, but I guess it's something to think about when I start shooting my own pix. I voted for Rhonda, I thought the colors were dead on and just gorgeous work all around. I really liked Cupid's shot this week too. There weren't any I thought were badly done.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »
Hahaha I ALWAYS read these in the judges voices. Great job everyone, these shots are lovely. ^_^
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
I thought Nanami looked just lovely this week.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:13:56 AM »
Such amazing shots from everyone, but Aria's simply took my breath away! The composition is perfect (as usual!), and I love the black and white palette. It looks so classic, while removing the potential for color clash to compete with the curving lines that all lead to her beautiful face.

This is also my new favorite shot of Lilitha from the whole competition. I've never loved that doll so much! Her sweet face, that demure yet alluring pose, and that wet look like she's just emerged from a pool in a hidden grotto really make it something special.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 12:40:54 AM »
I voted... but I'm not going to say who for ;)

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »
Once again, voted Percie ^.^
I think she has a bit of an advantage for my vote.... xD
Every time she just looks so stunning <3

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 03:01:16 AM »
Oh man, tough choice!  :blink:  I had a really hard time deciding how to vote this round, there were several who stuck out!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 03:04:31 AM »
OMG such....awesome!!! :lovey: Abbey, so sweet! Lovin those curls! Aria - classical, love the haunting look off to one side. Cupid - a sexier, more smouldering picture I have yet to see, love it! Jordan - 1920s chic, absolutely gorgeous. Kalma - just about damn near perfect as usual! Nanami - I love the contrast of the  background *sticks tongue out at judges* :lmao: Percie - gorgeous! Rhonda - so damn beautiful and OMG butterflies....I have a slight thing for bugs, butterflies are one of my faves... *grabby hands*

The competition is getting so much harder now! Could have done with a few votes this week.

This is also my new favorite shot of Lilitha from the whole competition. I've never loved that doll so much! Her sweet face, that demure yet alluring pose, and that wet look like she's just emerged from a pool in a hidden grotto really make it something special.

:blush: Thankyou! :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 03:19:37 AM »
Would you believe that no less than 5 minutes after I posted the Evaluation I got terribly sick? I'm in bed trying to get my strength up before work....feeling a tad week and dehydrated. See what having to send a ghoul home does to me! (ok, it's probably more like I ate something that caused this, but still!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal