collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you reading at the moment?  (Read 18681 times)

Offline lizstaley

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
Re: What are you reading at the moment?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »
Before that I read Quitter, by Jon Acuff (which I think EVERYONE who doesn't currently have their dream job should read).

Thanks for the recc! I love reading things like that, especially as someone who's chasing dreams. I'll have to look this book up!

You will love it! It's by the guy who runs the "Stuff Christians Like" blog, which I thought was going to turn me off at first, but it is very religion-lite and full of incredibly helpful motivation and tips!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:45 AM »
"The Novice" by Trudi Cannavan. Good inspiration for my one-day-to-be webcomic ! :)

Offline Fezzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »
I just finished Terry Pratchett's latest - Snuff, and I'm currently reading Anthony and Cleopatra.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jupi, Bluepegasus and Sirithfin!
Fez Blogs: http://choctopus.blogspot.com/

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
I'm reading the 4th book of the House of Night series by PC Cast.  I'm becoming addicted to getting these books.  I hate buying new copies of books but I had to splurge on getting book 4 to be able to get to book 5 which I already have waiting for me to get to! lol

I'm also listening to the Artemis Fowl book series on cd at work again for the 20th time.  There are certain book series I like to keep reading/listening to like Artemis Fowl series, Harry Potter, Janet Evanovich's Plum series, Twilight series, and many others. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan! I loved his Percy Jackson series, and this new series is really standing up! I like to read pre-teen and teen fiction in between the heavier stuff. And what I;m not reading AT THE MOMENT, but I suggest you ALL read is The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. And don't be swayed by the summary. It's not a stupid romance book (even though I like stupid romance books lol).

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »
Am I Hungry? by Dr. Michelle May. She's a nutritionist that specialized in helping people get back in touch with their intuitive eating cycle rather than dieting. I've found it to be really informative and it certainly has helped me stop 'emotional' eating as much.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
Finished Peter Pan yesterday lol. I just started The Hobbit!

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »
I just finished reading the first two books of The Secret of the Unicorn Queen series, Swept Away and Sun Blind.  Also I read half of The Handmaid's Tale on Google books, had to look at a synopsis online to find out what happened in the rest of it.  I've been meaning to read it for awhile.  I haven't decided yet if I'll try to find it at the library to finish or not, it was kind of depressing.

It's been awhile since I read the Hunger Games books, but I really liked them.  Except for the last half of the last book. 

Offline whiskerz85

• Big Brother Pony
  • MLP 4 LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Right now I am reading the 6th book "Tempted" in the House Of Night series by P.C.Cast and Kristin Cast.

Collectorshubby

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2012, 04:08:57 AM »
I am also reading Wheel of Time- I am on book 6 or 7 lol.  I lucked out and bought them from a guy that was getting them for his e-reader.  I am taking it slow even though I want to be caught up by the time the final one comes out this year.  The first time I tried reading book 1 I actually gave up- last year my friend encouraged me to try them again (it had been several years) and now I am so glad he did.  I hope Jordan's wife/estate decides to let other authors write more books in the setting.
I also read Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  I thought it was a really good and different approach to fantasy- it is hard to explain without reading it though!  The story isn't centered around a war and it is about a Chronicler that comes to hear a man's story.  Some of the most exciting (I think) parts of the book feel like a battle scene but are about the guy playing his lute/guitar/ something with strings (lol). 
Book two just came out and I am actually waiting to read it until more come out- they are being released really slowly, which is confusing since the series is already written, they are just re-editing it (the author wanted it to be all one book and they told him it was too big!).
I wish there was more Wheel of Time stuff... I need to check out the website.  *makes note to self*

Anyone else out there that still thinks holding a real book is way better than an e-reader?  I think there is no comparison and will be reading printed books as long as they make them!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
I was able to find Ameritopia at the Chapters store. So I've been slowly reading it. Not one that can be easily breezed through, I have to read segments at a time and let it absorb. XD
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »
I just finished The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling. Next up is Revelations in the Blue Bloods series. I recently became super addicted after one of my friends said she has read all of them and loved them :D

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. Its the fifth book in his Song of Ice and Fire series  :)

This!

I have the digital version on my iPhone, that's how I've read the entire series. It intrigues my 80's brain that I can carry a library in my pocket  :lol: Saving trees is also a nice bonus! I haven't seen the series yet but I think we're going to buy it when it comes out on DVD in about a month.

I'd like to read Harry Potter all the way through again now that all the books are out but I don't want to wag those hefty suckers around and Rowling seems pretty adamant about not releasing them as eBooks.

I love the LOTR books too and have been meaning to read them again but I always seem to have something new to read instead. I'll get around to it one day  ^.^

I am reading Rakkety Tam in the Redwall series. I got so behind on Redwall without even realizing it. Rakkety Tam was published in 04 and this is my first time reading it. D: I haven't read any of the others published since then either. But...anyway. Squirrels with Scottish accents are fun and win for the wolverine villain and his white fox and ermine minions.

The Redwall series is so cute! I have a ton of them but I haven't read that one in particular.

I also love the Warriors series but I think I'm a couple books behind. The first set was the best in my opinion but I keep reading them anyway because I love cat books  ^.^ Catwings is next on my kitty reading list whenever I find a job and can afford to order from Amazon again  ^^;

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

cesprins

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »
Reading American Gods By Neil Gaiman and Frankenstein! Almost done with both. I'm looking to pick up grimm fairy tales from barnes and noble soon.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »
Reading American Gods By Neil Gaiman and Frankenstein! Almost done with both. I'm looking to pick up grimm fairy tales from barnes and noble soon.

The original Grimm and Anderson fairy tales are awesome.  Plus, it's great being able to shock people when you point out how much Disney and children's literature has butchered them.  My mother was absolutely shocked when I told her what really happened in Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal