collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else make little familys with their ponies?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Anyone else make little familys with their ponies?
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »
In my head barnicle and sunrise song are feathermays family with mimic being sunrises sister so feathermays aunt. I am trying to figure out who should be ribbs family, as he is my favorite baby he needs someone any suggestions? very open to non traditional familys. Also show off your pony familys!

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone else make little familys with their ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »
For the longest time, I called Lily Blossom Rainbow Dash's sister....I still do sometimes. And Starbeam Twinkle was the daughter of one of the Hasbro-made Princesses. I used to have a whole family for Blue Belle but I can't remember it anymore....

Maybe Tex could be part of Ribbs' family?

medleymayhem

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:09:30 AM »
When I arrived at the arena for the first time the only ponies I wanted was a Medley and a Gingerbread. Gingerbread was a childhood pony who I would take out camping in the backyard with me. The only thing I had left of my childhood collection when I came here was a small Medley eraser figure.

When I finally succeeded in getting these ponies they immediately bonded (in my mind) and are now the nice lesbian couple that live on my bookshelf.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »
When I arrived at the arena for the first time the only ponies I wanted was a Medley and a Gingerbread. Gingerbread was a childhood pony who I would take out camping in the backyard with me. The only thing I had left of my childhood collection when I came here was a small Medley eraser figure.

When I finally succeeded in getting these ponies they immediately bonded (in my mind) and are now the nice lesbian couple that live on my bookshelf.

awwww they looks so cute togeather!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »
My daughter does this :) She mixes and matches different generations. For a while, Baby Glory was Gingerbread's daughter, and I think she said baby Firefly and baby Northstar were sisters. Her ponies are packed up right now since we are moving, otherwise I'd take a pic.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
I never did this as a kid.  Pretty much if the pairing wasn't on TV I didn't mess with it.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:55 AM »
My sister and I did this when we were younger. Naynie was still pretty young when we began trading online, I think she was nine, so it kinda spread on into that time period too. I found an old photo in some of my pony pics from when we had just started trading and it had Mimic in Confetti's wedding clothes and a barbie bouquet, next to Chief xd. I think if I remember right Baby Frosting was Mimic's daughter.

I know that Honeycomb and Sunburst were also married a long time before that, and Baby Lollipop was their daughter. Then we discovered Baby Honeycomb existed, so she got added to the family, and so did Baby Fun & Games I think.

My sister also had Surprise Twins Pony as a kid and so she made Tornado the Dad of the Surprise Twins, because of the blue/pink combination xD.

I know there were others, too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Someone was definitely paired with Fireball, and Princess Pearl was also married to someone, but I don't remember who now, it's been 20 years+ xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
I did as a kid to an extent.  I only had two boy ponies, Daddy Apple Delight and Blueberry Baskets (for which I requested that my mother cut her hair shorter so she could be a boy!) so they always competed for the best girlfriend!  Apple D dated a lot but always ended up as a happy family with Mom AD! 

Any other families varied from play time to play time.  The AD family and Merry Treats with Kelloggs baby were the only constants.

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 09:40:08 AM »
I've coupled a few of my ponies.  G3 Minty and Pinkie Pie are a couple. 

Dancing Butterflies and Sweet Tooth are a couple.  I found them together in the wild and I use Dancing Butterflies to prop up Sweet Tooth (she can't stand up on her own).

Obviously, my Shining Armor and Princess Cadance funkos are an item. 

Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops are girlfriends in my mind.

I wish I had some more baby ponies so I could find some children for these ladies.  I do have a baity g3 baby though.  Maybe she could become Pinkie Pie and Minty's daughter...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »
The majority of my ponies are named after characters from some open-ended story/art project I have going on, and they form a sort of close-knit family of friends. A couple of them are sisters though; here are Heather and Linden (they have another sister called Veronica but I haven't got a pony that matches her personality yet...)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
Its not something I do but I know its popular - sometimes ponies really just match one another perfectly even if they are from completely different sets!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »
I always put Cupcake with Mrs. Cake and present she's her long lost daughter. :lol:

Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »
I do this. I come up with stories for various groups of ponies and it plays a huge role in which ponies I want in my collection next. I eventually want to get the ponies who have become parts of these little story groups, actually fully write my stories, and do photography to compliment them.

Princess Serena and Barnacle are siblings. He ended up going off to hunt treasure rather than learn to be a proper pony Prince. Serena's best friends are Glittering Gem and Princess Sparkle. One day when they were kids, Glittering Gem was showing Serena and Sparkle how her flying lessons were going and she got stuck in a tree. Princess Sparkle stayed with Glittering Gem while Princess Serena went to find help. And that's how she met the pony who eventually became her boyfriend. Chief was learning how to use a hose from his father, but when Princess Serena told them what had happened to Glittering Gem they helped her and Princess Sparkle get Glittering Gem safely to the ground.

I also have three ponies I received in the Easter Swap who immediately bonded: Chatterbox, Coco Berry & Tea Leaf. I figure that Coco Berry and Chatterbox were already together and they found Tea Leaf after she miraculously came through a portal / off a ship / something from wherever g3 ponies live in relation to g1 ponies. (I haven't decided how I feel this works.) Tea Leaf is a fully grown adult pony, but since she is little and Coco Berry & Chatterbox had never seen a pony who looks like her before, they "adopted" her for a while before she was able to tell them she wasn't a baby; just lost. They now live together and are trying to decide whether Tea Leaf wants to go back to where the g3s are, or whether she wants to stay with Chatterbox and Coco Berry among the g1s.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »
I did this with my childhood ponies... one of the families was Salty and Woosie and they had Ribbs, Susie and Stargaze I think as their kids. Steamer and Romper were a couple and Whirly Twirl was their son. I clearly liked to colour match.  :P
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
When I was a kid, my ponies were in rainbow families...as in, they were in family groups according to what color their bodies were. lol

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal