collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else make little familys with their ponies?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anyone else make little familys with their ponies?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 05:47:04 PM »
I did as a kid to an extent.  I only had two boy ponies, Daddy Apple Delight and Blueberry Baskets (for which I requested that my mother cut her hair shorter so she could be a boy!) so they always competed for the best girlfriend!  Apple D dated a lot but always ended up as a happy family with Mom AD! 

Any other families varied from play time to play time.  The AD family and Merry Treats with Kelloggs baby were the only constants.

I remember making Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake be boys because their pose looked more "male" to me somehow, and I didn't have any boys until Sunburst, and then only three until I began carbooting (never had any Big Brothers or Daddy Ponies). So, CJ and Snowflake got coopted in when sister and I were playing ponies. We also used to play odd games where all the Baby Ponies lived in an orphanage and parent ponies had to come and adopt them (because the baby ponies I had didn't generally look like any of my adults and I was picky about that even then!) All except Baby Tic Tac Toe whose mother lived with my friend and so occasionally we'd trade ponies for the night so that Tic Tac Toe and her baby could spend time together. Then my sister had a Tic Tac Toe Baby too, so we called them Ticci and TicTac and they'd have visits from their mother from time to time.

(Thankfully this story has a happy ending since when my friend decided to get rid of her ponies, she gave me all of them bar her Baby Quackers, and so Tic Tac Toe now has full custody of her babies ;))

I think I got the adoption idea from Half Note and Baby Half Note because they were obviously completely different to look at but had the same name, so I decided that it was an adoptive relationship.

I was an interesting seven year old :-/ Our other games generally involved making dens all over the house or zombie invasions...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:50:32 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 12:17:25 AM »
This is Mommy and NC Mommy Sweet Celebrations with their IVF triplets.

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 05:31:46 AM »
I have Flower Dream as Ruby Lips' long-lost older sister.

I don't think I ever had my childhood Ponies be families; they were all friends. Unless possibly I had Dancing Butterflies and Sugar Apple be sisters because they were both Pegasus Ponies? I don't remember for sure.

I have Tex paired off with Posey, but that's solely because I got them to represent characters named Little Pinto and Lucrece Posey from an episode of The Wild Wild West and I like those characters paired off. ;) One of the few romantic ships I'm interested in (even though there's only scant evidence at best in canon). Someday I want to get Milkweed and Tumbleweed to be their kids.

I'm going to get Salty and 4-Speed to represent two more of my favorite actors/certain characters they played and they will be friends, both because I wonder whether those particular actors were friends in real-life and because of how much I love the time they appeared in the same thing and interacted as friends.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:33:24 AM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
Yes! Here is the royal family of my herd! :lovey:

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:52 PM »
I finnaly figured out ribbs mom
Princess pristina! now to track one down!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 01:03:45 AM »
I was looking at pictures of Quarterback tonight after seeing them by accident while looking for other Big Brothers. I haven't paid much attention to him because sports are totally "meh" to me. But I really looked at him for the first time and I'm in love. Blue on blue, one of my favorite color schemes ever! And now I totally have a headcanon that he's Blueberry Baskets' brother.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »
Yup.

Jiraiya is Calligraphy's mate and once I get my mitts on Baby Tic-Tac-Toe she'll be their kid.
Ice Song is gonna be Ice Crystal's little sis,
my Pegasus fakie Love Song is the teenage daughter of Star Catcher
Sea Star is Shantey's daughter
Bunny Hop will be a cousin of Magic Star
Baby Rainfeather is the daughter of Blushie
Sparkler is an aunty to Diamond Mint
my new fakie baby Spinner will be the son of Bunny Hop and Daddy Sweet Celebrations
Twist will be mom to my Baby Noddins
Braided Beauty will be the sister to my Curlylocks
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 05:11:18 PM »
I had a variety of horse toys I played with as a kid and tended to mix them all up. I probably paired off model horses and fakies with the few MLPs I did have growing up. It's been years and the only family I do specifically remember is that my G1 Sky Rocket being the mother of Baby Starflower. I don't pair off any of my current ponies, though. I hardly remember the names of most of the ponies I currently have so I doubt I'd remember if I paired off any of them.

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 05:44:34 PM »
I have really elaborate backstories and familial connections between all the G4 original characters. Honeybuzz and Cupcake are cousins, who is Pinkie Pie's cousin. Then my two Plumsweets are twins, and their third sister is Diamond Rose, with Cupcake being their aunt. Ploomette and Starbeam Twinkle are half siblings, Feathermay and Flitterheart are together, with Rainbow Dash being Feathermay's cousin... it goes on and on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal