collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do I get rid of Mold inside a pony?  (Read 512 times)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
How do I get rid of Mold inside a pony?
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
Hi, I have a baby tic tac toe in excellent shape except that she came to me smelling like mold so I removed her head and sure enough she has tiny specs of mold inside her body :( She is in excellent shape on the outside so I would love to keep her instead of replace her. I tried to clean her up but the darn mold is still there so I am in need of advice as to what I should do.

thanks

scarlettkitty81

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get rid of Mold inside a pony?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
You can scrub the insides of her body with a toothbrush and some dishwashing liquid soap, like Dawn.  Make sure you leave her to dry with her tail hole downwards so all the water can drain out.  If she has tail rust, go ahead and remove the washer/clamp and replace with zip ties.  :) 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:01 AM »
You can also soak in Oxyclean to help get rid of the mold :) Be careful with the twinkle eye gems though...I don't think they soak well in Oxyclean.

Instead of soaking/submerging the head, you can fill it up with oxycean and let it sit though :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Lots of different options! :) If I have a serious issue I break a denture tablet and pop a little down each leg of the body and the remainder in the body and then leave it to soak in warm water [changing the water a couple of times] - then a good internal scrub using pipe-cleaner and toothbrush with soap or toothpaste and that tends to deal with the issue.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
Thank you everyone who gave me suggestions. I am gonna give them a try. I hate to get rid of her as the mold is her only flaw and I have noticed that she is hard to come by for under 10$ lately.

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
I always wash with antibacterial soap inside and out.  Make sure you bleach/boil your toothbrushes in between ponies to ensure no cross contamination occurs.  Then a mild bleach solution, and finally, boiling.  It probably sounds like overkill, but... shrugs.  The mold must DIE!

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
Lots of different options! :) If I have a serious issue I break a denture tablet and pop a little down each leg of the body and the remainder in the body and then leave it to soak in warm water [changing the water a couple of times] - then a good internal scrub using pipe-cleaner and toothbrush with soap or toothpaste and that tends to deal with the issue.

I have used denture cleaning tablets too - like Hathorcat.....they work really well! Plus if you put a drop of Oil of Cloves in with the final scrubbing - the mold will not return!

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal