collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: need help differentiating one peachy from another  (Read 1092 times)

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
need help differentiating one peachy from another
« on: November 07, 2016, 09:16:15 AM »
hello! :-)

i have two peachies? peachys? im not sure what the proper plural is, but anyway, i have two of them!

i noticed while i was rearranging my ponies that the two peachy ponies have some slight differences!

peachy A is taller than peachy B. they also have different markings on their hooves!

peachy A has markings on all four of her hooves, while peachy B only has them on two.

here is another picture comparing the two!

does anyone know the story behind these two girls? thanks!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: need help differentiating one peachy from another
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »
possibly your B is a repro? how interesting that one is shorter than the other. Lil peachie  :silly:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
There isn't a repro Peachy.  :)  But Peachy is a pony with many subtle variants!  I don't have any specific information about these two, except that they were probably produced either at different times or in different factories.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
very interesting! if i ever get an additional peachy, i'll have to compare her to the other two! i love my tiny little short peachy :'-)

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
Wait a sec.
Wasn't there a Mail Order Peachy in the fourth or fifth year?
I say Peachy B is the original Parlor pony from 1982, and Peachy A is probably from the Playset Ponies Mail Order offer a few years later.
I say that because Peachy B is the same style as the original/Flat Foots with her lower head, and after that first run, they raised the heads on all the Collector Pose ponies.
It's been awhile since I have tapped into my G1 Knowledge, but that's what I recall.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »
I was doing an inventory of my extra ponies, and just realized that I also have two variations of Peachy - both CF versions, but one has all 4 hooves marked, and one has only two (plus the symbol color looks a bit different, although I'm not sure if that could just be fading). I checked the wiki and this was stated as a variant, but I'm also curious as to why!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline vira

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »
I was doing an inventory of my extra ponies, and just realized that I also have two variations of Peachy - both CF versions, but one has all 4 hooves marked, and one has only two (plus the symbol color looks a bit different, although I'm not sure if that could just be fading). I checked the wiki and this was stated as a variant, but I'm also curious as to why!

i just checked mine as well, and the one with two marked hooves has more saturated looking symbols! it seems they used a slightly different paint color on these variants, since both of ours seem to match up :-o

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »
Wait a sec.
I say Peachy B is the original Parlor pony from 1982, and Peachy A is probably from the Playset Ponies Mail Order offer a few years later.
I say that because Peachy B is the same style as the original/Flat Foots with her lower head, and after that first run, they raised the heads on all the Collector Pose ponies.
It's been awhile since I have tapped into my G1 Knowledge, but that's what I recall.

No, Peachy wasn't part of the mail order offers.  The Pretty Parlor was available for multiple years though; so, LadyMoondancer is likely correct that it's just a variation due to the specific factory or time when they were produced.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
I also have two Peachy ponies that are as you described, the colors are slightly different along with the hoof marks.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
About the symbol saturation, Peachy's symbol can fade if exposed to sunlight, going from "medium" pink to a light pink, then to blue-ish (weird, right? lol), and finally to white.  So that could be the reason for a difference in symbol color.

Although, she was also just released a lot of a different symbol color could ALSO be due to being in different batches. ;)

Breyer600 is correct, although the Pretty Parlor was released as a mail order playset, there was always a little note that said "Pony not included."  And the Playset Ponies set included Lemon Drop, but not Peachy.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 03:07:43 AM »
Wait a sec.

No, Peachy wasn't part of the mail order offers.  The Pretty Parlor was available for multiple years though; so, LadyMoondancer is likely correct that it's just a variation due to the specific factory or time when they were produced.

Ah ok. Like I said, it's been awhile since I had tapped into my G1 knowledge :P
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 07:54:01 AM »
Ehhh.....I'm pretty sure Peachy was released as a mail order, with the group that included Majesty, Lemondrop, Sprinkles, Tiddley-Winks and Half-Note.   I'll check my pamphlet when I get home, but I got this group together from a seller who was the original owner and have always been under the impression Peachy was a part of this group. 

M.O. Peachy has 4 stamped hooves

The mail order Pretty Parlor did not include a Peachy, that's definitely correct. I have the set complete and, like the pamphlet says, no Peachy :)   
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Pretty%20Parlors/USA_blue_mail%20order

Also correct that there are lots and lots of minor variations with Peachy, from both the factories and environmental/age factors.   But I believe the 2-stamped hooves belong to the store-release parlors and the 4-stamped Peachy ponies are mail order.   You're more than welcome to look through all my Parlor albums from around the world and check (don't have that kind of time at the moment to check myself) :D   
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Pretty%20Parlors
Here's an old picture. I probably have 3 times that many Peachys now. But you can see the color differences.

The flat-foot Peachy was store-released as well, with a Parlor.  The strap on the saddle from this parlor is shorter than normal too.
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Pretty%20Parlors/USA_blue_flatfootPeachy

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:11:39 AM »
Here are the mail order pamphlets with the playset ponies - no Peachy:

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »
Here are the mail order pamphlets with the playset ponies - no Peachy:

Thank you!!!  That's the set  <3   I'll have to go through my Pretty Parlors one-by-one and determine which came with the 2-stamp, and which with the 4-stamps.  Hopefully there's a set pattern!

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Pretty%20Parlors
Here's an old picture. I probably have 3 times that many Peachys now. But you can see the color differences.

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Pretty%20Parlors/USA_blue_flatfootPeachy

I'm amazed by how much color variance can exist for just one pony!  Perhaps her plastic color is difficult to achieve consistently? It's easy to pass up as all the same color, until you see them all lined up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal