collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: our generation girl accessories+ponies?  (Read 4131 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: our generation girl accessories+ponies?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »
Unfortunately miniatures are very expensive if you don't want to make your own, depending on the scale and level of realism you want. Sadly once it gets to a certain point its a loooot more work to make tiny stuff over the exact same stuff but bigger. Its a beautiful, evil money suck of a hobby haha.

And yeah, when I mentioned Calico Critters/Lil Woodzeez I didn't mean the playsets. I meant the accessories. A lot of them are a good size with G1 adults or babies for me personally. Playsets for the bigger ponies will be hard because they're a bit of an odd size.

There are no ponies in either review, but these might help give you a better idea of the brands and their quality. The might even help with size if you're familiar with mini Blythes/Pullips
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2012/01/lil-woodzeez-honeysuckle-hollow-general.html
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2012/06/sylvanian-families-water-mill-bakery.html

Maybe Rement could work? Has anyone tried that?

I have looked at rement,   I love them so much.  But it's not really the aesthetic I'm going for.  I want cutesy simplified accessories.
I think I will pick up a Lil woodeez set (they're a nice price for me)  and I have investigated Barbie and Bratz,  and i found a couple cute bath sets that I think  I will look for too. I'm about to head out to TRU ; )

I don't mind the go awkward size standing in the Lil woodeez rooms, I think it's actually kind of cute. 

Post Merge: November 19, 2016, 03:26:25 PM

I'm back from TRU. They had calico critters,  but they were a little too pricey for me and they didn't have any of the Barbie sets I was looking for,  and everything else was either too small or too expensive.  :  /

Ended up getting  some g4s instead.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:26:25 PM by cannibalism »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
I've only ever seen Lil Woodzeez at Target.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 11:48:59 PM »
I've only ever seen Lil Woodzeez at Target.

I'm pretty sure they sell those exclusively at Target.  They are owned by Battat, who also make the Our Generation dolls.  And according to the website, they are only sold at Target: http://www.woodzeez.com/buy.html

As for scale, I have the bakery and I think it looks really good with g4s, although I originally bought it to go with my Sylvanians.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 12:19:24 AM »
I thought so but I didn't feel like Googling it, hahaha. Thank you/gosh dangit for that link scarletjul. If I've seen the treehouse before I forgot... omg want! :dribble: Now that would make for an awesome pony display.

cannibalism

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »
i wasn't expecting to find woodeez at TRU, or OG, but i was dissapointed in the lack of cheaply-accessible sets that might work for my girls. Im going to head to walmart on tuesday, after my thrift run, hopefully i can find some cheap "my life" sets or something similar to woodeez/calico there.

that treehouse is really nice, i can just see ponies all over it now. the camper set also looks really really cute :')

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 01:20:52 AM »
Playsets in general seem to be skimpier and skimpier on actual accessories and general playset-ness these days. Its really depressing. I hope you can find something!

Maybe Lalaloopsy accessories (for the minis) might fit? I have tons I can pull out and photograph with my ponies later. They might be a little small for general use but they could possibly work as toys for the babies/G4s, or just background stuff in a playset/roombox sort of display.

Oh! And keep your eyes out for keychains. The keychain part can almost always be removed. They make great toys-for-toys :D

cannibalism

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 01:29:41 AM »
Hm I'd never thought of lalaloppsy before.  I tend to keep a wary distance from them,  they remind me far too much of the other mother from Coraline..

But upon further inspection,  this playset looks really cute.  I wish it came with more goodies..
http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=53534676
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:31:46 AM by cannibalism »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:57 AM »
That's part of why I like them xD

Ohhh that playset is adorable! I don't know if any ponies would fit in it well since Lalaloopsy minis are so tiny. Maybe blind bags/Petites, Dollymix, or babies? Or G4s maybe? It looks like it might be a little tight for them.

cannibalism

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 01:55:21 AM »
Not that I don't love that movie.. But i think it wouldnt appeal to my anxiety to have one sitting around the house... Watching me...

Humph. I hate how misleading online photos can look,  your brain just assumes it's the size you're looking for.  I have an extensive blind bag collection, but I don't display or play with them much anymore.  *keeps my Sherlock hat firmly on my head* I WILL find an affordable playset for my girls!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 02:55:05 AM »
That's the worst part about shopping online x.x Everything looks just as big as you want and it never is haha.

OH! Maybe some of the Shopkins furniture/playset sort of stuff? They're not quite playsets for the most part but I think some of the stuff might work with G1s. The building ones are probably too small so I mean the other stuff, like what the blind bags come in and the furniture.

cannibalism

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 08:34:36 AM »
I had disregarded shopkins because I don't know what to do with all that sentient food, but I suppose if I bought a set I could give the shopkins themselves to my niece.  She loves them. 

I was worried that the furniture would have faces but actually this set it kind of the cutest bakery kit I've ever seen?? The http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/shopkins-shoppies-donutina-s-playset/TRUP2214300001 I mean it TECHNICALLY comes with accessories.. But I'd prefer something.. That doesn't have faces.  I'm sure I could find size appropriate cakes to display. 
I looked up a video and it looks maybe just a smudge too big,  but not offensively so.  I think it might work alright.  I'll have to check TRU when I go Saturday.

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »
I absolutely adore diorama stuff for ponies, especially G4's, so this is going to be a bit of an infodump, but hopefully it helps someone out!  :lol:

G4's are sort of a weird size, but "generally" fit into 1:12 scale.  That means you could go the traditional miniature/dollhouse route and they would fit nicely.  Here is a bunch of info about different brands I've found that work well also!

Lil' Woodzeez / Calico Critters -- as mentioned, these are a really fantastic size.  The Woodzeez especially are much less expensive, and they keep introducing new playsets and accessory packs.  Here's an old picture of the Lil' Woodzeez bakery:

As mentioned, they are exclusive to Target, which can make them harder to find based on your location.  Also, keep in mind that Calico Critters are called Sylvanian Families in some areas, and playset/accessory availability can vary wildly as well.

Lori -- another Target exclusive, they are the miniature version of Our Generation.  They have an apartment complex and a ballet studio, but the sizing is too big for G4's (everything is way too tall).  The accessory sets are perfect though -- I picked up the "Gourmet Market" and "Mix and Bake Set" at Target last time I was there and they are reasonably priced, with a lot of detail.

Playmobil -- surprisingly, these can work very nicely!  There is a huge variety of playsets, everything from pirate ships to hotels to tons of castles.  I currently have a hotel, unicorn castle, pirate island, pirate ship, medieval blacksmith, and rock star stage for my G4's.  I don't have pictures of most of them, but here's an old picture of the unicorn castle:

And here is a diorama I made with a few different sets -- this has the Playmobil rockstar stage, the Playmobil snack stand, and the Sylvanian Families popcorn cart, with the Lil' Woodzeez picnic set in front:

If you are more crafty, there are some great Sylvanian Families blogs with fantastic tutorials on how to make your own miniatures and dioramas, and they would all fit perfectly for G4's.

Mimi's Little Sylvanian Town is on hiatus, but has some of the best tutorials I've seen for building your own towns, everything from flowers to your own stores!  Great detailed instructions, and tons of pictures are a big help!

Plastic Candy is another great resource, and includes reviews of different sets (including some Re-ment), as well as lots of tutorials.  This site tends to focus more on redecorating existing buildings and showing how to make different miniatures to go along with it, so it can also be a huge help!

This was a big post, but hopefully this helps give you some ideas!  Let me know if there is anything else I mentioned that you might like to see a picture of as well!

cannibalism

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Thank you for the post! I'm more interested in how sets fir g1s,  but the photos are nice size comparison.  The Lori sets sound like they are promising.  I won't be able to pick up anything target until I return to the states,  but hopefully lots will be on sale for the Christmas season.  : )

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »
I just got the Little Woodzeez set (the bakery) and it's the perfect size for G4 ponies.

Also good with Transformers.  :lol:

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

cannibalism

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
Awww cute haha! I posed my new rarity EQ mini with my collectors starscream the other day,  I just saw them close together and Needed to take some photos of them. 

I will probably get the Lil woodeez florist shop.  It looks adorable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal