collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Most Dirty Pony In The World Pictures  (Read 4411 times)

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Most Dirty Pony In The World Pictures
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
A Magic Eraser is a foam-like cleaning pad that works like very fine sandpaper to scrape away dirt from surfaces. It can potentially scratch up surfaces if rubbed too hard (a few of my ponies now have faint marks) but it can really get off ingrained dirt if you're careful. People with more experience might be able to offer better advice, but I had great results with the dirt on BB Half Note (it did nothing for scuff or pen marks on my other ponies, though.)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
Those ponies cleaned up very well :) Great job everyone that shared with us :)

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
A Magic Eraser is a foam-like cleaning pad that works like very fine sandpaper to scrape away dirt from surfaces. It can potentially scratch up surfaces if rubbed too hard (a few of my ponies now have faint marks) but it can really get off ingrained dirt if you're careful. People with more experience might be able to offer better advice, but I had great results with the dirt on BB Half Note (it did nothing for scuff or pen marks on my other ponies, though.)

Thanks! ;)

I wanted to try it in my G3 Star Cathcer, the one with fabric wings. He is cream instead of white, I bought it months ago, I think that he was in a smoke house  :huh:

But I see now that maybe the magc eraser isn´t for that..

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »
This thread inspired me to have a SPA DAY!!! I wish I had gotten before pix :)

What is Plastic Boost and where do I get it? Some of my gals have ink on them in places and I want to get it off of them :D

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »

Yes! I agree I think people need to talk about the experiences they have had with using different styles of cleaning, and the out come.  Magic erasers can be an iffy cleaning tactic.
:accomplished:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:26 AM »

What is Plastic Boost and where do I get it? Some of my gals have ink on them in places and I want to get it off of them :D

Plastic Booster is a product from Cascade that was created to remove tomato stains from plastic containers, spatulas, etc.  I found it works on ink stains on ponies as well.  Having said that, I am not quite sure they make it anymore.  I haven't lived in the States for eight years now, and I am on my last tube that a family member sent me a little while ago.  BUT... I just read that the active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which is in some medicated acne creams.  And, now that I think about it, that is one of the products I used to read about here on the Arena for removing ink stains. 

Oh, and thankfully... there doesn't appear to be any bleach in the stuff. :whew:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 04:14:58 AM »
I really would love to try the magic erasers in one of my ponies. But I´m from Argentina, and here that brand doesn´t exist.... I searched the erasers in google... Are they used to clean bathrooms? I thought that the magic erasers were used for pencil drawings, etc  :lol: :blush:

Mr. Clean is the company that makes the "Magic Eraser." Check it out: http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do

cleverLC

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 05:07:34 AM »
I really would love to try the magic erasers in one of my ponies. But I´m from Argentina, and here that brand doesn´t exist.... I searched the erasers in google... Are they used to clean bathrooms? I thought that the magic erasers were used for pencil drawings, etc  :lol: :blush:

Mr. Clean is the company that makes the "Magic Eraser." Check it out: http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do

I'd like to point out that there are numerous off-brand Magic Eraser products, too, and that they're cheaper but they're the exact same thing.

Also, Magic Eraser = melamine sponge, which I've also seen listed before.

It works basically like scouring powder, only somewhat more gentle, and doesn't require soap to work, only water.  It's not for delicate products at all, but I haven't had any problems with it on vinyl!

Binny

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 06:05:02 AM »
I got a Blue Belle that was super dirty but otherwise had nothing wrong with her. Now I wish I had before pics!

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I bought these (ebay picture not mine)
And I think I have some work ahead of me.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Magic eraser is essentially a fine sand paper in many ways yes.

lochness, honestly do not let water get into a pony if the washer is in place. The metal in the washer and grip is not treated and will corrode; it only need to get damp not even wet for oxidisation to start and for rust to form. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

I'd like to point out that there are numerous off-brand Magic Eraser products, too, and that they're cheaper but they're the exact same thing.

Also, Magic Eraser = melamine sponge, which I've also seen listed before.

It works basically like scouring powder, only somewhat more gentle, and doesn't require soap to work, only water.  It's not for delicate products at all, but I haven't had any problems with it on vinyl!

Thanks for the answers!  :)

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »
I have never had an issues with Magic Erasers what so ever & that's all I use to clean my ponies with. It takes off pen marks, dirt, mold, whatever nasty crap that people send their ponies to goodwill with. LOL None of my ponies have any scuff marks on them & I scrub hard on some of them. I should take before & after pictures, but I just got my camera stolen this weekend so that won't be happening anytime soon :(

flyawayraven

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »

Plastic Booster is a product from Cascade that was created to remove tomato stains from plastic containers, spatulas, etc.  I found it works on ink stains on ponies as well.  Having said that, I am not quite sure they make it anymore.  I haven't lived in the States for eight years now, and I am on my last tube that a family member sent me a little while ago.  BUT... I just read that the active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which is in some medicated acne creams.  And, now that I think about it, that is one of the products I used to read about here on the Arena for removing ink stains. 

Oh, and thankfully... there doesn't appear to be any bleach in the stuff. :whew:

Benzoyl peroxide isn't really bleach but it does, ironically, behave just like it on fabric and plastics. And much to my chagrin, human hair. :x

I know at least in the states you can tubes of 10% benzoyl peroxide cream over-the-counter. Actually, I have some lying around that I'm not using for my acne anymore so I might dig up a grungy pony and experiment. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal