collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A friendly neigh from the Netherlands ^_^  (Read 287 times)

Offline Pinkhazard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
A friendly neigh from the Netherlands ^_^
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:21:42 AM »
HI everyone,
I'm Pinkhazard from the Netherlands. I'm 31 years old, engaged to someone I don't currently live in one house with, have no pets in my home due to lack of time, but I have 2 Scotch Collie dogs at my mom's house.

I must admit that with MLP, my interest in the online community and collecting comes and goes in waves. Right now, I'm sorting out my collection again and making wishlists, so I'm interested in being active :)

Aside from ponies, I am passionate about ball jointed dolls. That is my favorite passtime <3 I love customizing them by modding and doing face-ups.

I used to collect all sorts of fashion and vintage dolls, me and my mom had up to 5000 of all sorts of dolls at one point. But, we saw the light and realized that we just wanted some space in our house back for ourselves. So, we started selling off bits of our collection thru our shop.
I still love certain dolls (Bratz, Lady lovelylocks, Jem, Sindy, Fleur, My Scene and more) but I resist the urge of buying new ones nowadays ;)
Although, Monster High have tempted me and won... I currently own Draculaura and a Ghouls Rule Draculaura (she was a gift). I'm taking it real slow with these girls, but I do plan on customizing the ones I own.

I did try customizing MLP as well, but I somehow never finish the projects I start. I still plan to finish my the Nightmare Before Christmas Jack and find him a Sally pony <3

My MLP collection is a lot smaller than it used to be now, I felt overwhelmed by the quantity I owned and as I moved into a small apartment last year, more ponies will have to go. I used to collect G1-3, but I sold most G2 a few years ago. I'm really picky about which G3 ponies stay and which ones go right now.
G1, I want all I can get my hands on ;) I am forcing myself not to keep all the 'variants' that are actually just different degrees of discoloring though.
I chose not to start with G3.5 and G4 ponies, but I do love watching Friendship is Magic!

Unfortunately, running the shop is so busy that I rarely have time to share my hobby, so I don't have pictures of my collection at this moment. If I can find the time, I will share, as soon as my pony wall is neat (I'm still moving them from my mothers house to mine).

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :D

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: A friendly neigh from the Netherlands ^_^
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:59:42 AM »
Hello and welcome to the arena!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
So nice to meet you! I have bought some BJD items (clothes, shoes & wigs) from your online shop a while (maybe two years?) ago and was very pleased with everything!  :)

me and my mom had up to 5000 of all sorts of dolls at one point.

That is... almost scary. :mrgreen: In a cool way, of course.  ;)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »
Welcome to arena  ^.^

Offline Pinkhazard

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome <3
@Seraphia: wow, what a small world ^_^

And it was scary actually, but at the time we were dead set on opening a Barbie museum and we thought it wasn't a problem. We decided to give up after 10 years of trying and countless disappointments, after which the collection just sat in boxes for about 2 years.
At some point we just decided: enough. The dream had died, we were having great fun with BJD's and MLP and we opened our shop in the meantime, so it was time to move on.
We never quite realized how much we had exactly, we were blind to the fact that the collections had taken over our house. Now that we're selling it off little bits at a time, we realize we were insane O_O

Oh well, we had fun with it, that's the most important part of collecting!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »
:newpony: and welcome to the new Arena.  Sounds like that was one massive collection.  Do you maintain an online shop or just a brick and mortar one?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Pinkhazard

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 11:41:55 PM »
I have both an online and a brick-and-mortar shop that I run with muy mom and the kind help of some friends some days a week :D
You can actually visit the online shop by clicking the banner, it would take you straight to it :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 11:58:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny: I have browsed your site a few times.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 03:19:42 AM »
What a shame you never got to make a Barbie museum. -_- I'm sorry that your love for dolls and collecting also included disappointments. :hug: But it sounds like you always look on the bright side of it, that's great!
When I browsed your online shop, I never thought there would be a "real" shop as well! I just looked at the pictures and OH. MY. GOD. I must never, NEVER come anywhere close to it. LOL It looks fabulous and like the #1 place to leave all my money behind. :lol:

Offline Pinkhazard

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:56 AM »
Thanks himmie and Seraphia,
ah, I'm over the disappointment. To be truthful the shop brings us more joy as we get to meet much nicer people now (you wouldn't believe how mean some of the local Barbie collectors can be).
Since we've started with BJD's, we've met wonderful people that added that extra bit of joy to the hobby. I'm actually looking forward to finally  becoming more active in the MLP community (and staying so) to meet great people there too ^_^
It was mostly a private collection, as I became weary of sharing it after some bad experiences with jealous collectors in the Barbie scene.
Luckily, apart from some Greek, France and Italy ponies, I don't have super-rare and desirable stuff and I feel safer to start sharing now. If I can find the time, I'll start adding pics of my collection to my pinkhazard.com site.

LOL, we've got many visitors with the same problem, too much choice and not enough funds ;) We do make layaway arrangements many times, as we are collectors ourselves and can completely understand how badly someone can need a certain doll ;)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
WElcome, I too love BJDs! I hope you enjoy the forum!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal