collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I was asked to split up a lot I have for sale on Ebay? -update w/question!  (Read 473 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
  Hi all,

So, I have an auction on Ebay of a Moon Dreamer playset. I added a Roary the Lion and the sorceress doll to help sweeten the pot and move things along.  I started it as a nice low bid, and neither the lion or sorceress are high-dollar items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181295255137&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I received a message today asking if I would sell the lot without the figures.  What does that even mean- they want me to take down my current auction and split the lot?  I would suppose they are trying to get the lot cheaper, but again, those aren't expensive figures.  My Roary has a small stain on his back and the soceress has leg/body mismatch and no clothes.

I'm not really sure how to respond.  I have no interest in splitting them- they are up for sale because I want to move them along.  Is this a common request?

**Update- well, the person bid, which was fine.  The auction ends today and she sent me another message, asking "If I win, can you hold the item for me for 3 weeks? I'm moving and it would be easier for me not to pack it"

I'm going to check around on Ebay, but wouldn't that potentially look bad for me? I say that I have a 3 day handling time, and holding it seems like she could ding me for late shipping later if she chose to do so.  I would do it for an arena member no problem but with Ebay and PayPal it makes me nervous.  This would probably also involve shipping the item to a different address, which I believe is against Ebay policy?

I wrote back that I would check Ebay policy. Advice? Red flag or just a buyer who's moving?  :huh:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:32:56 AM by Radha »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I was asked to split up a lot I have for sale on Ebay? non-MLP
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »
Yeah- I'm guessing they are anticipating a bidding war, and want to get a better deal.  The nakie doll and Roary have very little value, but Dream Central looks pretty complete and even comes with its box- so I'm guessing that it will go for a good amount if people notice it.

People ask all the time to buy things off of ebay -  its against the rules but doesn't stop anyone.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:49:25 AM »
I think I would actually ask the buyer politely what they mean by their request :blush: I can see why you're confused here - I would be too. There is no harm in asking though and it might clear things up. It might be innocent on their part - as they want to buy the playset but without the doll and lion because they already have them and they think it would save them on shipping or something? It would be more shady if they wanted you to cancel the listing and either do one more or sell it to them privately. Either way you can tell them that you want to sell the lot as it is and do not wish to split it in any way.

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
  I was thrown because they didn't straight out ask me to take it off Ebay, just remove the dolls.  I guess I'll just send a polite 'sorry the auction has started and I want to sell all the pieces as one' message?

Edit while postings- Yeah, Tiny, I guess I'll ask what they mean but certainly don't want to take the auction down.  The whole point is turning Moon Dreamers into pony money :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
Could be that they are not coming right out and asking because it is against the rules- but hope you'll offer to sell it or something.

You may just let them know that should they win you'd be happy to take the lion and doll out to save on shipping, but as these items do not have much (if any) value by themselves, you wouldn't be splitting them from the lot.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:49:14 AM »
Perhaps they plan to win lot and have no need for a fee items and want cheaper shipping? If so perhaps you keep what they don't want so their shipping is cheaper that they pay for and resell stuff not needed in lot
I've seen for example stuff thrown in on ornament lots that are not ornaments and it made me not bid just because I didn't want the extra stuff
Some people just don't want stuff in their house cluttering it up I suppose
Hard to say
Good luck

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »
  Ok, is the word shipping being censored on anyone else's screen?  :drunk:

I can understand not wanting extra stuff.  I'm a little nervous- I said politely that I wouldn't want to split the lot but that I would be happy to not ship them if they wanted.  They said it was fine and bid anyway- just hoping it's not the start of drama.

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 07:11:46 AM »
Maybe they just have no interest in Roary & the other figure?  I often won't bid on lots if there's things I just don't want in it.  I've never sold anything on ebay before, so I'm just afraid if I don't *love*love it and I have no way of getting rid of it, that I will become a creepy hoarder.  I've often wanted to ask sellers to not include a couple items if I bought the lot, but one expressed to me that they could get in trouble from ebay by not including everything, even if I specifically asked them not to, so now I try to stick with only bidding on exactly what I want, and nothing extra I'm "meh" about or don't collect.
Maybe they think the same way?
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal