collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help! G3 Morning Glory prone to hair breakage?!  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help! G3 Morning Glory prone to hair breakage?!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »
Canada also got the discount ponies, freebie pack-ins and Avon ponies.  I've run across several with the 'rotting pink' amongst those.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
Canada also got the discount ponies, freebie pack-ins and Avon ponies.  I've run across several with the 'rotting pink' amongst those.

Seems a plausible possibility then?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Syreada

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
I've had this happen to an Avon pony (Jazzmatazz) but reading through the thread this seems common? I'm honestly relieved it wasn't just mine. But I can throw a wrench in the "light exposure" theory. Her hair was fine for years, her buddies was a little wild but nothing horrible. Mine has been in storage the last 4 years. a nice temperature controlled storage facility. I took her out and brushed her hair (which showed no signs of degrading at all) and JUST THE PINK snapped off at the roots. weirdest thing I've ever seen. Her tail pink seems fine but she's got 2 bald streaks in her mane now, poor thing.
Thanks DreamvalleyMLP for the avatar!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:08 PM »
It's most common (from anecdotal evidence) and first reported with the Avon ponies, yes - even those that have been kept in pristine condition.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 05:45:21 AM »
For those of you that are running into this problem, it seems to just snap off at the root.   Is the rest of it brittle? Can you break it halfway down the mane, or is it just weak at the root plug?

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
For those of you that are running into this problem, it seems to just snap off at the root.   Is the rest of it brittle? Can you break it halfway down the mane, or is it just weak at the root plug?

In my own experience, it's brittle all the way down, but I've only run into the "rotting" pink and peach, not any other colors. (So far!) I think it might break at the root so often because there's a lot of bending near the plug line, thanks to gravity, so that might be a natural weak point in the hair fibers. But even if you're careful not to put tension on the roots when brushing, the hair can just snap off mid-shaft.

I was resigned to the state of affairs with the discount ponies, but now that these things are being reported with new ones like Morning Glory, I'm really scared for the longevity of my G3s. :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal