collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of dollies do you collect?  (Read 3241 times)

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What kind of dollies do you collect?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
I have several BJD, one pullip (used to have several), a handful of MH, and a novistar.

I'll probalby just have the one novi star. She's cute but meh.
Monster high I'm really just into for customizing at this point.

BJDs are really my only big doll interest right now. I love my single pullip, but I'm not really interested in owning another, unless something amazing comes out.

EleanorAnne

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
I have 4 whole bjds. DollZone Aimi, Fairyland Minifee Ryeon, Fairyland Pukifee Pong, Fairyland PukiPuki Ante.
2 floating heads. CustomHouse/AiDolls vinyl Hani head, Fairyland Juri Multihead.
1 Jun Planning/Groove Dal. Phoebe, semi custom.
1 Blythe. SBL Silver Snow, semi custom (will eventually be a full custom)
6 Monster High. signature Ghoulia, ss b/w Frankie, signature Operetta semi custom, signature Spectra, signature Rochelle, full custom CaM skeleton girl all custom work by me.

I also have a couple of mini lalas and a handful of micros but I don't usually count those, and one American Girl doll from when I was younger but I don't actively collect AG dolls.

oh and I have a Fairyland RealPuki PuPu on layaway/on the way.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »
My first venture into doll collecting was BJD. I got my first one about 6 years ago. I've had quite a few brands but all my current ones are Volks. I have 5 right now.
A far as other dolls, I also right now have 2 Parabox Obitsus and 2 Azone Ex-Cute dolls and am not sure if I'll ever get any more. I've been waffling over getting a Pullip for a few years now. I haven't really been into dolls so much since I started collecting ponies though...

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
So many variations...I'd love to see pics of some of these other dolly collections!

I started with dolls when I was a kid, I had tons of Barbies, but a neighbor girl cut a lot of their hair *sadface*  I do still have a few collector Barbies though, but they don't release many that catch my eye anymore.  I have 4 Pullips and two Taeyangs, one Blythe (who will probably get a friend eventually), a small collection of vintage Jem dolls, a few Disney Princesses, 9 BJDs (and a floating head)...and probably a few other randoms floating around.  Livs, Bratz, Tonners, and some more that I probably can't remember because they're all in storage, lol.

I also want to get a Bratzilla and a Novi Star, at least...So yeah, I'm definitely a doll collector, not just a specific line, lol. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
I mainly collect Pullips and company but I also collect bjds, dollfie dreams and Monster High dolls as well. Pullips are my main dolly love and are therefore the most numerous of all my dolls, I have Pullips, Dals, Byuls, Isuls, Taeyangs, Namus as well as minis. Bjds I mostly collect tinies my favorites being Lati Yellows but I do have dolls in like a full range of sizes (pukipuki, pukifee/lati yellow, yo-sd, msd (slim/normal), sd and whatever Iplehouse SID qualifies as). The dollfie dreams are something my husband and I collect together, we both love anime and the style of the dolls but sometimes we have different taste in the dolls themselves though. I have most of the Monster High dolls released so far though I keep on thinking about no longer pursuing collecting them as I am really running out of space especially with my growing mlp collection.   

I don't actively pursue collecting them but I also have Blythe (Takara & LPS <3s Blythe minis), Ddung, Dollcenas, J-dolls, Hestia, a couple of random Tonner dolls, Mama Chapp, Azones, Strawberry Shortcake, Hot Toys, Disney animator's collection dolls (the toddler style ones) and a single Living Dead Doll (Hit-girl from a movie based on a comic book by Mark Millar, don't think the name is kosher here) on the way. I will probably pick up a Novi Star doll eventually but I am really trying not to collect anything else at this point.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »
Mostly Monster High for me, but I also collect Novi Stars, La Dee Da, Disney Store Princess and I have a Pullip, LIV and saving up for my first BJD (Pukifee Ante).

I started falling out with my Pullip, but someone suggested to switch the wig. While she's got a GREAT color, the wig is terrible. So I bought a really nice purple one with new eyes too. I need to get her new clothes too!

The LIV, I want her to grow on me more, maybe she needs friends. But now I can't find them in stores anywhere. Especially after seeing the stuff in the LIV thread I want more and a Moxie Girls too!

Novi Stars I'm just in love with. And La Dee Das I'm kinda meeh.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:57:03 AM by aellos »

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
My favorite dolls are Blythe! I have a small family of five and not planning to add anymore though. The girls are Ebony, Tommy February 6, Asian Butterfly Encore, Love Mission, and Miss Sally Rice. I also have one each of Pullip (Alte), Momoko (Spring Forest), and Sindy (McDonald's version). Rounding out my doll collection are some Gwen Stefani dolls, Bratz (Dresden and Sabina) and Barbies (My Melody and Tarina Tarantino). I also LOVE Monster High but have been resisting getting one. My favorite is Operetta!!

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

Pullip Chloi

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 03:26:57 AM »
I just only collect Pullips now.. but i think i will brought some Dal too

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »
I have 4 Pedigree Sindys, 4 Monster High dolls, and I've just ordered my first BJD, bobobie espree girl :heart:

I just only collect Pullips now.. but i think i will brought some Dal too

Oh definitely get a Dal! They have the sweetest faces! :heart:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 07:49:57 AM »
I collect MH dolls, Cherry Merry Muffin, Cupcake dolls, My Pretty Mermaid, and American Girl historical dolls.  I also have my childhood Barbies even though I do not actively collect them and I still have some random childhood dolls as well.  I did not intend to start collecting MH, CMM, Cupcake dolls or My Pretty Mermaid dolls.  I kind of got attracted via findings online again.  CMM, Cupcakes and MPM were childhood toys.  MH was something totally random and am now in love.  I am not as active collecting AG anymore but would love a few more of the original dolls from when I was a kid, in the future like Addy and Josefina.  I currently have Samantha, Nellie, Kirsten, Felicity and Elizabeth.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
I collect Mini Lalaloopsy, Monster High (somewhat), BJDs, Bluebird Polly Pocket, and random vintage dolls. My dolls are mostly "decoration" I don't really do photo-shoots or anything. Nor do I come up with background stories for my dolls, but my BJD girl Alyss has a very distinct personality, however.

Some doll lines I'd love to collect are SeaWees and Little Pullip. And maybe some more CMM to keep the one I have company.

As a child I had Barbies, PP and some beautiful Waldorf dolls. I really dislike Barbie now though. I don't think I'll ever have one in my collection.

Rosse

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
The first doll I started collecting was Pullip, and currently it's pretty much the only one that interests me! I've even given up the other dolls in the line (Dal, Tae, Isul etc) as they just can't measure up.

I had a few J-dolls, Hestias, a Hujoo, but I never liked them as much as Pullips so I've sold them. I liked MH when they first came out, but I got tired of the hype pretty fast, and I also realised that I don't like children's toys type dolls, they feel too cheap plus and hate the "bratz" faces that all current lines have (MH look botoxed to me and I just can't get used to it, lol).

I've drooled over BJDs for years but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to justify the cost for one. And my most wanted is "only" like $400 shipped. I love seeing pics of them though!

So yeah... PULLIPS!!! :P

PolkaDot99

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
I collect mini lalaloopsy dolls not all of them just the ones I like but I still have a ton! I have one big one which is Coral.

I also have American girl dolls.

I want to get a monster high doll but my mom doesnt want me to so I have none  :huh:  :(

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
Jem is my main doll collection.  I think I have about 150 of them but I haven't counted in a long time so it could be a lot more then that.  Most of them aren't displayed.  I think there is about 86 that actually displayed right now.  The others are waiting until some day I might actually be able to have a more room for them all to be out.

I also collect some LLL, She-Ra, Monster High, Darci, and a couple of Tonners & Gene Marshalls.  I'm going to be selling my Strawberry Shortcake collection pretty soon.

I have a ton of Barbie's too loose and NRFB but besides my favorites I don't really buy anymore of these unless it's loose clothing.  I love to sort that and I have tubs and tubs that I sort through all the time.  *Trying to get some to sell off as well lol*

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
Lately my doll collecting has changed a bit. I still only collect play lines, mostly because BJD's and Pullips kind of scare me  :P

But, I've totally slowed my Monster High Collecting and am working on Disney Princess dolls and other Barbies  :blush: I never thought I'd get into Barbie.

I still love Monster High but the spark for it is kind of gone. I like the 11 dolls I have and there are other ones I like too but when I was passing the Monster High section and I saw one that I don't have (Cupid) I couldn't be bothered to pick her up. I just really don't want Monster High taking over my bedroom because I want my doll collecting to have a good even amount of all the dolls I have.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal