collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moxie Girlz thread  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
Re: Moxie Girlz thread
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
I can't call these mine yet, not for another three days.  But these two gals have grown on me, and if they don't sell this time around (I think they are on their third time up), then I will be keeping them:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »
I can't find Moxie Girlz ANYWHERE. You'd think they were discontinued or something! I haven't seen them or Liv dolls.. It's so strange. There's not even shelf spots for them anymore. Are they shipping to stores still? Kellan is getting lonely :( My Bratz dolls keeps her company but I at least wanted to have a Lexa and Avery to go with her. *sigh*

Also, does anyone know what clothes fit them? I want to get Kellan a new outfit :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »
D: I saw a TON last time I was at TRU, they still had a decent section. I can try and look tomorrow and see if its still there.

As for clothes, I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure Blythe and Blythe-sized clothing should fit them, since my Blythe fits my Moxie Girlz clothing perfectly. I can try my stock and handmade Blythe stuff on Avery tomorrow if you want. :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 11:16:52 PM »
I still see them around Target and Toys R Us. I think they stopped carrying them at Walmart and Kroger stores. They may have them at Rite Aid or Walgreens, but they're so overpriced. >,>; They're usually in the same section as MH, and Bratz.

As for clothes that fit them, I haven't tried to fit them in any other clothes. I only have Liv dolls and Moxie Girlz out of their box so I have no way to check. >,<;

To be honest, a part of me thinks that Moxie Girlz is a lot more popular/available in the UK than the US because I've seen a few pics of some new stuff that are in UK Shelves, but not in US.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »
I really wish I could get to the Toys R Us in the city south of me. It's just the matter of getting there. I would call first and ask though.. since it's such a hassle. I so just want to find more of these girls. I'm kinds scared that the line has been dropped in the US or something. The one I got was 8 bucks in the clearance section at Kmart. I checked Walmart clearance and they didn't have any at all. I've been to Family Dollar, CVS, Walmart, Kmart, Target, and Meijer and none of them have any. =/

I never thought to check Walgreens and Rite Aid though. Maybe next week. I have some money left from this paycheck but I made a goal to only buy 1 doll a week. And my mom is like.. totally trying to make me stick to that lol. It actually helps me bond with my dolls more though!

Any other idea of stores to check?

Also for the clothes thing.. Does barbie maybe fit them or Bratz? I only ask because once I find out what clothes fit, I want to buy a lot from ebay so my Kellan has a wardrobe. :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
Occasionally I've seen them at Ross, you can possibly try Big Lots also, but hearing that your stores have stopped stocking them, I'm a little concerned now. Hopefully they'll have them when the holiday season starts. I also hope they don't drop them in the US and only have them in the UK. There are so many I wanted but never showed up in the US, only UK. I wanted Magic Hair Kellan, but she never showed up here. I Love love LOVE Her outfit. I also wanted to use her as a bait for a "custom" Moxie Girlz rehair and freckles removed.

My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Star-Watcher

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »
Also for the clothes thing.. Does barbie maybe fit them or Bratz? I only ask because once I find out what clothes fit, I want to buy a lot from ebay so my Kellan has a wardrobe. :)

Bratz tops will fit Moxie Girlz.  However, due to the Moxies having a healthier physique (aka, wider hips), Bratz skirts (and I would presume other Bratz bottoms) will not fit...

It may be possible to get a Bratz skirt to fit if you snip off the built in thong.  I can't say for certain one way or the other though.
-- Star-Watcher

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
I kinda want a Moxie now. BUT I HAVE NO ROOM. Oh, man, I have been agonizing over doll collecting recently, you guys have no idea. I am out of money and out of room, but I am going craycray over all these new dolls!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
I think the Moxie faces are so sweet- (they remind me of Lady Lovelylocks)  but I love the Bratz costumes.  And I like the Liv wigs-

What I have done to accomplish this is to swap out Moxie heads onto Bratz bodies- and I think it works out very well!  (Do you see the two blondes in this pic (sorry it is my current sale pic so the girls are mostly less than fabulous) - those are Moxie heads on Bratz bodies.

This particular pile o dolls I am going to try and sell for whatever anyone will pay me for them (if anything) - if you are looking to acquire a mostly fixer upper lot for pennies on the dollar :D   I seriously am trying to clear out some space...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Just got done trying basically all the doll clothes I own on Avery. xD I didn't try anything Liv or Barbie, but I tried on: handmade Blythe-sized (top x2 & skirt), stock Blythe (shorts, hoodie, stockings, & boots) Pullip sized (two stock outfits, one in 5 different pieces & boots), Tangkou sized (shorts & boots), and Liv sized (beanie).

Apparently Photobucket isn't working, so I can only upload the good photos to my site. :/ You can check those out here if you want. Enjoy these descriptions while I wait for PB to start working.

Blythe - The skirt seemed really high, but it was a fine length. Both handmade shirts fit fine and were a little big, mostly around the neck. The stock outfit fit fine, but I couldn't get the stockings up very high. The boots fit fine but only if you're careful and don't move her much.

Pullip - I was stunned but everything fit nearly perfectly! Ala's outfit fit her basically perfectly, and I was even able to snap on the wings. Mir's stock varied. The sleeveless red top and long red skirt fit okay. The top was a little off and the skirt was a little big, but overall it was fine. The wide sleeved thingy and lace skirt fit fine as well. The long fabric strip skirt was a bit big, but also fine. Mir's boots were also a nice snug fit, and I imagine they'd be fine for posing but obviously not perfect.

Tangkou - I tried France's shorts on her, and they're perfect. I actually replaced her skirt with the shorts in her normal outfit I like them so much. But because her top is so tight, it looks kind of silly as you can super clearly see the top of the shorts and it looks like her top is folded at the bottom. I also tried on France's boots, and they fit fine. I imagine they'd also be fine for posing (I had her held up in the air and they didn't budge).

Liv - I've got original Katie's beanie, and of course I had to try it on her. Its a bit big, but I think that works well with it. It looks really nice and now its her default hat. It even matches her stock outfit and eyes! xD

And now I kinda want another. >.<

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
I saw several Moxie Girlz at Dollar General. I can't remember if they were 8 or 11 bucks a pop. Don't know if that's high.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Ooh, might go check those ones out.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Star-Watcher

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:41:16 PM »
Apparently Photobucket isn't working, so I can only upload the good photos to my site. :/ You can check those out here if you want. Enjoy these descriptions while I wait for PB to start working.

So it really is Photobucket having visits from the ****-Up Fairy after all.  Guess there's no need for me to close and restart Firefox after all to see if I can do this one last upload for Sunday's auctions after all.

And that means work is effectively done for now.  Guild Wars 2, here I come.
-- Star-Watcher

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
PB is working now! :D

Handmade Blythe top and skirt, apparently I didn't get a photo of the other top.

Blythe stock.

Avery's stock vest and shirt, Liv hat, Tangkou shorts and boots.

Pullip Ala stock.

Pullip Mir stock.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
lol I guess as long as the book covers the foot pegs, she looks fine in photos. XD

Did you have that shirt handmade by someone from the arena?? It looks nicely done.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal