collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MINTY @ TRU!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MINTY @ TRU!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »
I dont even have one of these stores in my area..........

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 05:25:17 AM »
But...can't they have her as a single?

Conventional wisdom is that green toys don't sell well in "girls lines."  To date there has been only one single-released green pony, Lyra Heartstrings.  (Who is a kind of blue-green, too.)

So it makes sense that they would stick Minty in a set instead.  Honestly we are just lucky to get her at all.  I'm sure it's because so many people wrote in asking for her (especially with the box specifically pointing out that the set comes "WITH MINTY!", lol.)

Oh ok. I like green ponies though, and missed out on Lyra.

Lyra had a really BAD UK release though. I heard from someone that she did actually come out here, back in 2011, but I had to get mine from a kind person in the US who was selling at cost, and the first time I ever saw a Lyra here was in Smyths about a year ago with a big set of ponies as a boxset. I don't remember what the set was, but I still don't think Lyra was sold here properly.

All things being equal, though, there's no guarantee if this was originally a set in the US in a specific store that it will come to the UK in the same store. If TRU have it in America, fine, but I've noticed a lot of former US store exclusive pony sets appearing in Smyths, Entertainer etc, so that might be worth a watch too. Smyths has had some rare stuff lately on clearance, like the lavender SLH pony whose name eludes me (Daisy something?).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 05:31:06 AM »
But...can't they have her as a single?

Conventional wisdom is that green toys don't sell well in "girls lines."  To date there has been only one single-released green pony, Lyra Heartstrings.  (Who is a kind of blue-green, too.)

So it makes sense that they would stick Minty in a set instead.  Honestly we are just lucky to get her at all.  I'm sure it's because so many people wrote in asking for her (especially with the box specifically pointing out that the set comes "WITH MINTY!", lol.)

Oh ok. I like green ponies though, and missed out on Lyra.

Lyra had a really BAD UK release though. I heard from someone that she did actually come out here, back in 2011, but I had to get mine from a kind person in the US who was selling at cost, and the first time I ever saw a Lyra here was in Smyths about a year ago with a big set of ponies as a boxset. I don't remember what the set was, but I still don't think Lyra was sold here properly.

All things being equal, though, there's no guarantee if this was originally a set in the US in a specific store that it will come to the UK in the same store. If TRU have it in America, fine, but I've noticed a lot of former US store exclusive pony sets appearing in Smyths, Entertainer etc, so that might be worth a watch too. Smyths has had some rare stuff lately on clearance, like the lavender SLH pony whose name eludes me (Daisy something?).

Oh, I didn't know that, I just thought I missed her because she came out before I started collecting. I think sometimes US Walmart exclusives are sold at Asda as they're the same company, but I don't have a Smyths near me

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »

The wave w/ Lyra was properly released in the UK, just not for too long, but it wasn't quite as bad as you're making it sound... they were in Asda for a short time and I also saw them in Smyths. I honestly don't know how long they were sold in Smyths for because the store nearest to me is still about 40 minutes away from me, so I only saw them there once.

FWIW, I think the Minty set was a Smyths exclusive over here.. I could be misremembering that, though. Oh, and this is the Smyths set w/ Lyra that you mentioned. :)

It's nice that Minty's being re-released in an easier-to-access store now, at least in the US ^_^ I know a lot of people had trouble buying her from Costco.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 09:50:41 AM »
I have no TRU in my area so I will be missing out on her again.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 10:11:31 AM »
I bought Minty as a single on eBay a while back probably paying more for her than I should. Here's hoping a few people get another chance at her, it's so sad that this is still the best way to get her.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
I am NOT paying $30 just to get a Minty. Especially since here in Canada it'll be $50.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »

Order it online! They do free shipping for orders over $19 so this definitely qualifies. :)
Instagram / Want List

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »
Yay! I can add her to my Minty army! ^________^
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »
Moooooore Minty!  More Minty is good!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 11:58:19 PM »
My local TRU is currently reseting the pony isle!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »
Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I've been so bummed that I missed out on her. Now I will be stalking TrU for this set. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »

Order it online! They do free shipping for orders over $19 so this definitely qualifies. :)
I could but I only want Minty as I have the other ponies in some form or manner and $30 is quite pricey just for one little G4 pony (I would not because to recover the cost with just selling the other ponies from the set)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 01:32:47 AM »
Is the set $30 in-store as well as online? Very exciting anyway! Hopefully the price will lower; I could definitely use Minty as well as some of the others in that set! I tried to get it from Costco once when a friend with a membership took us there, but no luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal