collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Item on hold apparently sold to someone else. :/  (Read 866 times)

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
Item on hold apparently sold to someone else. :/
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »
So I'm not completely certain yet - either the other person had the hold first or I did, but either way, I inquired about a lot of doll hair and asked if purchase could be deferred until the weekend, after I got my paycheck. Seller said that was fine, they could do it if I was really interested, and I told them that would be great.

Three days later, I tell them I'm good to go. And.... nothing, although MLPArena tells me they opened the message. A week later, I inquire about it again, making it clear that I was still interested. Nothing again.

And now, I find out that someone else bought the lot a month ago, and the seller never informed me or even updated their sale page. So either they sold it to someone else while it was on hold for me, or they were going to sell it to me while it was on hold for someone else, but either way? Not cool. ESPECIALLY the lack of communication.

So... yeah. A wee bit cheesed off now. :enraged:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Item on hold apparently sold to someone else. :/
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
Lack of communication is frustrating, as is having something sold that you were waiting for - I know a lot of times we stop buying other things while waiting to pay for someone else and then, it's a completely missed opportunity... I am sorry you had such a hassle! :(

You didn't exchange any money or anything did you?
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me once. I was the first to inquire about a pony and was waiting on a description about another pony. Turns out that person decided to sell the one pony I said I wanted for sure to someone else because they needed the money! What? I already said I wanted her but needed to know the condition of the other pony first before sending payment. I was not happy! Needless to say, I did not purchase the other pony because of this.

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
Lack of communication is frustrating, as is having something sold that you were waiting for - I know a lot of times we stop buying other things while waiting to pay for someone else and then, it's a completely missed opportunity... I am sorry you had such a hassle! :(

Nope! They didn't steal my money or anything, although I did do some hair-portioning in anticipation of the lot, since I was told they would wait for me, and now I'm short.  :yikes:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
I'm sorry this happened, I know it sucks. Communication really does make all the difference in the world. Although no money exchanged hands, you may be able to speak with a mod about the situation, not sure what would come of it, but it's worth a shot.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »
Aww that's frustrating!  I haven't had any problems like this with pony supplies, but I was trying to adopt a dog a few years ago.  I was told I was the first to fill out the application, was the first approved and I could take him home the next day.  I arrived at the shelter just in time to watch him go home. . . with another family. :( 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »
Thats really frustrating and i can understand why you are so disappointed!   Since no money exchanged hands then no feedback can be left either  :( 
It seems to me that this is what happened: the  seller probably had this hair on hold for someone else who hadnt paid/got back to them for a while, so in the meantime they agreed to sell it to you instead, thinking that the first buyer wasnt interested anymore and had flaked,.. but then the first buyer came back and paid for the hair before you did and the seller didnt tell the first buyer that she had agreed to sell the hair to someone else (you).  It sounds to me like good communication about the situation could have saved a lot of the frustration if the seller had let you know that the hair was already on hold for someone  else and then checked with that person again before agreeing to sell it to you.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:48:36 AM »
I pm'd you the info you requested anthologia.  I think I was the person that bought the stuff.  Sorry if the seller didn't handle it the way you expected, I would be bummed if I were in your shoes too.  I had no indication from the seller that any of it was on hold.  The communication between me and the seller was fast and quick and payment was probably paid immediately at that point from me on that same day.

Yes, I did make a post on that thread because it looked like the seller hadn't updated the sales thread and it was getting more new posted about inquires and I didn't know if the seller was very active so I wanted to let the others know so they weren't left in the dark, waiting and wondering.  Was just doing my best to help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:50:44 AM by FairyDust »

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
People here are awesome!  I am sure you will find people to sell you the hair you need!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »
I have had that happen to me before also. When you put something on hold for another person that means you are going to sell it to that person. If someone else comes along and wants to buy it you have to let them know some one is ahead of you. Sorry to hear that :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal