collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on a proper feedback.  (Read 334 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Advice on a proper feedback.
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:55:48 AM »
I've bought a lot of ponies off ebay. I hadn't minded the blurry picture in the auction, because well, sometimes that helps to get ponies cheaper:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/111304238658?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 but I should be more vary of the condition because of the 'good condition, like shown in the picture' statement. Well, the ponies aren't bad, they're just so dirty, I almost expected a bug to crawl out from the box when I cut it open today :huh:

And that brings me to the issue I am having - you do not send items internationally without any protection in the box. And the ponies were just threw into the box. I've heard them rattling and the postman joked that he hoped it wasn't porcelain inside... Well, it's not funny. The G2's could have lost all their eye gems from being mishandled like that :shocked: there are small holes in the cardboard inside from the pony ears. I know the seller probably didn't think that the ponies will get damaged in, but it ticks me off. Should I just contact them and politely tell them that in case they will ever sell ponies again, they should wrap them up? Or just mention that in feedback along the lines: 'I'm very happy with the transaction, would be happier if the ponies were secured?'

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a proper feedback.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
yes I understand you, try to contact the seller and tell him what you think. Maybe it was his childhood ponies and has no idea that people care a lot about them!  :huh:

:hug: concerning feedback see his answer and you can let positive if the ponies are ok but you mention what you would have preferred a better hipping method.
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:48:33 AM »
As someone who mainly buys in lots, I can say there are only a couple of times I have had someone who actually packed them with proper packaging material. They have always been just thrown in the box and sent on their way.

While it doesn't make me happy, I have yet that they have been damaged from such. I know there is the chance and I am not saying you shouldn't be disappointed. I just think half the time people are trying to clear their attics, garages, basements, etc. and don't see the sentimental value in items. Thus not packaging them properly.

If I were you I would send her a message on how important it is to some people about how things are packed and probably leave it at that.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:21:06 AM »
Thank you for your advice Bibinettepony and ponylady :) I was wondering if I wasn't overreacting - I planned to give the seller a positive either way. I'll message the seller privately and leave it out from the feedback. I always pack ponies even in lots and actually never had even a large lot of ponies come unwrapped tbh. Probably I would let it be, but I get very concerned about G2's as I know how easily the eye gems can fall out.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 06:05:39 AM »
 :hug: you are a nice person I did not find you have overreacted, I would have tought the same as we care about ponies  ;) I also always pack the pony alone to protect him even if I sell a lot. ;o)
Pony HUgs  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
:hug:  I'm glad your ponies were still ok despite the bad packaging and all the dirt! :hug:  I think you did the right thing messaging the seller to let them know about packing ponies properly- hopefully the seller will learn from that in the future :bigups: 
TBH  while I would have been just as disappointed as you were with the dodgy packing and the dirty ponies, I have also found that most of the pony lots I've bought on ebay arrived in that condition - dirty and just thrown in the box with no protection, bubble wrap, ziplock bags or anything else :crazy:  :yikes:
 If there is something especially fragile in a lot I win I'll message the seller and tell them I'm a collector and ask them to pack the parcel extra carefully. Ive had some really awful packaging experiences with doll sellers  o ebay lately as well as pony sellers *sigh*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal