collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 81673 times)

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me your Disney dolls
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
i'd so dearly love to have a lovely tiana, but i missed her designer version and i don't really care for her as very toy like.

so for the time, my only contribution to Disney is a villian!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »
There have been a number of Mulan dolls released over the years. I only have the one Zombelina has "Secret Hero Mulan" and here she is on the shelf with Megara, Wendy and Jane.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:31:06 PM by toyjunky »

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 06:44:17 PM »
Wow! This thread is awesome!

And OMG! Musical princesses! I looooved those as a kid!

I don't have a lot of Disney stuff around anymore  :huh: but I caved and got the Animator Ariel and Pocahontas. I'm sooo not into baby dolls but I couldn't resist all that lucsious hair to comb, rofl.

Oh, but I do have a Merida doll for sale. She is a large baby doll. Completely new, never removed from the box. I keep trying to find her a good home on Craigslist but no bites. Maybe someone here would like her....

I can't wait to see others' pics!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
I dont have too many disney dolls anymore. Somewhere around the house I have the secret hero mulan and one of the disney store versions, but I don't have pictures. I also have Merida and her mom. And somewhere along the lines my head cannon for Merida became that she could fit into Assassin's Creed or How to Train Your Dragon, so all of my pictures of her are crossed over with other things XD

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »
do the newer dolls have balljoints?

WildLace

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »
do the newer dolls have balljoints?

The New Disney Princess dolls from the Disney Store are articulated, But thier leg Articulation is Terrible (in my opinion). Disney made the mistake in the hip joint so that the dolls cannot sit very princess like.

Here is a good review: http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2012/07/disney-store-doll-articulation-update.html#more

I Rebodied my Ariel on a Liv body (Hayden is a good match).

Ariel by Berry_Dolls, on Flickr

Sorry for the Ariel spam  :biggrin: She is the only disney doll I have. There is no Disney Store in South Africa. Fortunately I have a very good friend on here (who is Awesome, you know who you are  :biggrin:) That is getting me more characters!!! So expect to see more dolls soon  :frolic:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
LuvlyMelody you said the other day you wanted to see Mulan dolls. I stumbled across this picture on Flickr while looking for something else. It is a collection of 11 different Mulan dolls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dolltography/6268907585/in/faves-27430124@N04/

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
I Rebodied my Ariel on a Liv body (Hayden is a good match).

THAT'S why I love your doll so much!  She's got a decent body on under there!  I was wondering how you got that LIV outfit to fit just perfectly!

I think this new line of Disney dolls have the most beautiful faces.  I love them all.  If I'm not SUPER careful, I may end up with all of them :blush:  I've never really liked a Disney doll enough to buy before.  They kinda all look the same (to me.)  But I feel like this line really tried to separate the princesses from each other:)  Love the stories/movies/clothing, but the dolls always fall flat to me.  I think they spend more time worrying about covering the dresses in glitter, than they do about getting the molds to look good :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
Toyjunky, I'm so jealous of your Meg, Wendy, and Jane! I really want those three, the articulated Esmerelda I had as a kid, Kida, Anastasia (even though she's not Disney), and Alice. I'm really really hoping that Disney will decide to release all their less popular/not-quite princesses in the style of their newest ones, with the fully-articulated bodies and the amazing face sculpts. Doubt that'll ever happen, but it'd make me so happy *w*

For me, jointed knees and elbows are a huge huge deal. So I couldn't resist the newer dolls. And I love the accessory sets with their alternate outfits. I had a little shopping spree about a year ago and bought each of the princesses and their accessory sets. No regrets, I LOVE them! Here are some shameless instagram pictures I took right after I got them. The only thing I don't like about the dolls is their legs-- it's great that they have ankle and knee joints, but they certainly don't sit like princesses, their legs are often bendy (my Aurora is bow-legged) and a lot of them have ankle joints that like to spin like propellers.

Here are my girls, under a spoiler tag for length:

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

I love this one! It's so clever *g*
I didn't know they were making her in her training uniform. All I ever saw was that horrible dress she had to wear for the matchmaker (so out of character).

My only Disney love is Jasmine, but if they made a jointed Mulan in her soldier outfit - I'd buy the heck out of that!

shadowdreamer

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
My pictures are awful because I took them quickly with my webcam..but here you go. I have two of the toddler princesses, Pocahontas and Mulan. Then I have a Merida that I got from target as soon as the dolls started popping up. I do have my childhood Ariel and my two Mulans..but they are in my memory chest and would take Forever to unpack just for a picture.

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
I have...um...1991 sparkle eyes Cinderella, Esmerelda, Jane, 1990s Belle, Fashion Secrets Meg, did have Kida but sold her on, incomplete Wicked Queen (:(), a Tyco Ariel on a swimstand and my Jasmine and Aladdin I got aged 11 or so. Jasmine looks good in ref, I have to resist the other 90s dolls.

My favourite Disney female is Maid Marion, someone make me a custom?

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 03:34:41 PM »
I just adore the Animator Collection dolls. I don't really have the space for them all so I only have Belle. Sadly I missed out on Pocahontas (she and Belle are my favorites). I need to take some pictures.

I had a big collection of Pocahontas dolls when I was little. They had the best hair! Sadly they all ended up getting donated. When the Disney store online had a good deal on the princess dolls I bought Belle and Pocahontas. I've been meaning to get some shots of Pocahontas outside now that the weather is nice.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
I forgot about the Animator Collection and the two Designer Series Sets.  If I were rich, I'd have them all!  But I'm not, so I have to pick and choose what I collect.  Collecting Disney stuff would be the end of me :lol:  I'm an "all or nothing" sorta gal, there was NO WAY I was gonna be able to afford every Designer doll (plus the availiblity, ugh!  So glad I didn't have to deal with all of that!)

I guess the new Disney bodies aren't that bad!  Thanks for the pictures, Calico_Star

I'd probably want to rebody them anyway.  I can never leave well enough alone:)

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, when I first saw Robin Hood, I watched that movie back to back to back!  I LOVED that movie:)  A Maid Marion doll would rock!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:37:26 PM by justkitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal