collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please show me your...Spectras! *edited*  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Please show me your...Spectras! *edited*
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
I need those shoes! I mean Frankie needs those shoes! :blush: The dress is a Barbie one I picked up from my local toy shop for a couple of quid. Her butt fits nicely but the top of a bit big so I have to get a needle and thread out and move the velcro, tighten the straps and possibly put a dart in it.

@ CasseminaPie Thankyou! I wasn't sure if she was pondering or wishing. I think she's doing both.

(I *may* have bought the sea monster/vamp pack today...my OH has been on at me to treat myself so it hit the old wallet kinda hard but worth it! Pics when it stops raining...)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Vivian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:50 AM »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2012, 02:47:37 AM »
So cool! :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »

Spectra - 003b by piichihime, on Flickr

Only because I contributed something that was a Spectra to this thread, and I felt it right to contribute a Spectra now :3

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2012, 03:20:04 AM »
Do customized Spectras count? Here's my girl anyway :P

She was painted to look like the original but in the artist's style. Poor girl had a airbubble in her nose :< First time I saw something like that in a MH.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:21:59 AM by Uninu »

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 03:32:47 AM »

Spectra - 003b by piichihime, on Flickr

Only because I contributed something that was a Spectra to this thread, and I felt it right to contribute a Spectra now :3

She's gorgeous!! I've seen some nasty DDG fringes but hers sits so nicely!
Come visit my blog!

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:50 PM »
Do customized Spectras count? Here's my girl anyway :P

She was painted to look like the original but in the artist's style. Poor girl had a airbubble in her nose :< First time I saw something like that in a MH.

Poor Airbubbled nose! BUT DANG SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! <3

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 02:57:24 AM »
They are gorgeous! :cheer:

@repulsive333 I love her new face! Stunning :D

I'm sodarnexcitedxosi'mgettingaspectrasoooooooooooooooooooon!!! :cheer: *rolls around in circles on floor in excitement* She is my total MH grail...I really truly can't wait!!!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 03:01:40 AM »
I'm glad you managed to find a Spectra. I hope it was at a reasonable price, too. We're practically swimming in Spectras down here in New Zealand. She's one of the most common dolls on the shelf, along with DotD Ghoulia.

I sold a few on Ebay to help pay for the other dolls I've been buying, but I didn't buy one for myself as there's just too much about her that turns me off.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 03:11:20 AM »
Yep, really happy to just get her! I've never seen her IRL, even in TrU or over Xmas when MH was everywhere over here. Never even heard of her until a few weeks ago.
I can't wait! Gonna be a whole lotta pic spam when she arrives :D
What is it about her you don't like? I know you can see the pegs in her see through bits, but I choose to ignore that flaw lol.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 03:26:19 AM »
What is it about her you don't like? I know you can see the pegs in her see through bits, but I choose to ignore that flaw lol.
Yeah, the pegs are a little bit of it, but it's mostly the whole ball & chain motif and also just her face. I don't really like the way she looks. And I don't think I like her default personality all that much. She strikes me as being a bit of a gossipy bitch who likes to cause trouble for other people, which I find unappealing.

Supposedly there are two different versions of the original Spectra, each with a slightly different face-up, one of which is supposedly prettier than the other. I think we just have the uglier one here, so maybe that's also been affecting my opinion.

The dolls I just can't get into are Spectra, Operetta, Cupid, the werecats, and most of the CAMs. Lala is also pretty hit or miss for me. I think the only one of her that I really like is that exclusive powder room one (this one). I haven't been too keen on Abbey either, although I do like her Dead Tired version, plus that new deluxe fashion pack one that released popped up on the net.

So far, my collection consists of: Howleen, Nefera, Deuce, Cleo (w2), Ghoulia (w1, classroom), Frankie (SS), Clawd (S16), gargoyle boy, and Lagoona (classroom). I also have w2 Frankie, although as I said above, I think I'll sell her, as well as w2 Clawdeen, who is going to get sold as soon as my GB Clawdeen arrives, and the vampire boy, who I might sell as well as I just don't like him as much as the gargoyle.

In transit I have w1 and w2 Lagoonas, sig Jackson, sig Rochelle, classroom Frankie (who I am intending to sell nude, as I only wanted her outfit and shoes), and the Gloom Beach 5 (Frankie, Cleo, Lala, Clawdeen and Ghoulia ~ I will be selling Cleo, and probably also Ghoulia, and maybe even Lala, but I'll definitely be keeping Frankie and Clawdeen), plus some accessories.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:31:19 AM by pukunui »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2012, 04:01:20 AM »
I've never seen the cartoon so I don't know what any of their show characters are like, will get round to watching it at some point though.

I like Spectra, Operetta and Cupid (although her lips do my nut, if I do get her they are being repainted!) I'm not keen on the Clawdeen or Howleen, any of the boys, Toralei, the Egyptian ones, or Draculaura. I don't know why, they just don't appeal to me as much as the others. Abby I was in two minds about until my OH bought her for me a couple days ago. Lagoona is definitely next on my wishlist, then maybe Rochelle and Cupid. They are the only released dolls I like that I don't have yet, apart from a few of the CaMs. I am desperate to get my hands on Skellita when she comes out!
I love most of the CaMs, I have three (well, I will do when my seamonster torso arrives!) I like the idea that you can make them as different as you want and not feel too guilty about repainting them.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:35 AM »
I've never seen the cartoon so I don't know what any of their show characters are like, will get round to watching it at some point though.
I haven't either. I was just going by what's written in various characters' diaries. Spectra is the school gossip columnist and is apparently not above stirring up trouble so she has something to write about.

I like Spectra, Operetta and Cupid (although her lips do my nut, if I do get her they are being repainted!) I'm not keen on the Clawdeen or Howleen, any of the boys, Toralei, the Egyptian ones, or Draculaura. I don't know why, they just don't appeal to me as much as the others.
Funny. I'm sort of the opposite. I love Nefera and Cleo and Howleen. Most of the Clawdeens I don't like so much, but GB Clawdeen is gorgeous. Being a guy myself, I have to like at least some of the boys, right? ;)

Lagoona is definitely next on my wishlist, then maybe Rochelle and Cupid.
Lagoona rocks. She is definitely up there as one of my two most favorite characters along with Frankie.

I am desperate to get my hands on Skellita when she comes out!
I honestly can't find anything appealing about her at all.

I love most of the CaMs, I have three (well, I will do when my seamonster torso arrives!) I like the idea that you can make them as different as you want and not feel too guilty about repainting them.
I like the idea of the CAMs, just not the execution (for the most part). Of course, we don't have any of the CAMs here anyway.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:40 AM »
I think with Skellita is that she's just so different from any doll I've seen, and I lovelovelove skeletons, so win for me!

I just watched the first MH webisode, not overly impressed. But I will give the second one a go in the next few days.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 05:01:50 AM »
I think with Skellita is that she's just so different from any doll I've seen, and I lovelovelove skeletons, so win for me!
I think what turns me off about the skeletons is the fact that they still have noses, even if they've been painted over with dark patches.

I just watched the first MH webisode, not overly impressed. But I will give the second one a go in the next few days.
Yeah, I haven't bothered to watch any of them. Not that interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal