collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMNOMNOM I mean Hi  (Read 497 times)

redwerecat

• Trade Count: (0)
OMNOMNOM I mean Hi
« on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
So hi. I'm redwerecat. Call me Were (it's what I go by most often elsewhere on the internet) or Red, or almost anything. I even answer to consistent meowing at this point... eh. ANYWAY. I am .... hmm. I am a geek, self-styed comic book nerd, a lady (sometimes, other times I've the mentality of a 12 year old boy) I'm old enough to do whatever I want in the USA, young enough not to be taken seriously when I do it, rarely take MYSELF seriously, and have an addiction to Ponies, Comic Books, Dragons, and the internet. And cat memes.

I am a customizer by hobby and a rather entertaining night where I may or may not have been inebriated and deciding to do something to waste time, and discovered it was like potato chips- I couldn't make just one. Now there's a slowly growing pile of baits in my room, a much faster growing collection of would-be baits that I have found I love too much to mutilate, and a LARGE collection of Mintys.

Last fact- Minty is my favorite pony in all incarnations.
(My second favorite would be G4 Rarity.)

How old are you? 22, soon to be 23.

Where do you live? State, Country? USA, currently Washington DC area but my heart belongs to Albuquerque, NM.

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? Both. :( I'm a sophomore in college (...for the second time. I screwed up somewhere and quit, and now have to re-do a bunch of work.) I'm going for a liberal Arts major at my community college, hopefully transferring to a 4-year (MaryMount!) for a Graphic Design/computing Major.
Other than That... I work as an electronics salespeople at Target. Yay.

Who are the important people in your life? My kitten? His name is Nigel. he has two thumbs on each forepaw. He's my mutant baby. No, really. Um...my family, friends, I guess. My family thinks I'm silly for my ponies, (and my obsession with the Avengers- hey! At least it isn't Twilight.) and...my best friend Jordan who is just as much a Pony nerd as me, and convinced me to buy SO MANY pony things. (Pony Custom Making and Drinking Night was her idea, too.)

Ponies: Yes, where?

How long have you been collecting? UH. On and off my whole life? I had a pony I LOVED to death when I was little, but she's vanished over the years... and i always had a collection of some type of toy horses. As of recently... two years? I'm not a serious collector, just kind of go with what I find in thrift stores or around, I'm too consistently broke to put money into hunting down ponies roght now. I DO love them, but I also have a large collection of OTHER things which tend to consume my paychecks.
Ah, cosplaying and video games.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? Mainly G3 and G4. And a G1 I cannot identify...hm. I have a re-release of a G1 Moondancer, and might consider getting a few more, but right now 3 and 4 are the ones I am content with. (And make the best customs!)

What made you want to collect ponies? Well, MLP:FiM helped. Nah, I just always liked them! And now that I am a grown-up and can do grown-up things I choose to collect My Little Ponies and rp on the internet and run around dressed as a superhero. Duh. It was an accident, really, I MEANT to be a mature boring adult who does adult things but there was so much more interesting stuff to do.

Tell us about your collection! Lots of Baits! I checked all of mine before I custom'd them, and have a bin of potential baits waiting to be ...uh. Customized, but there are a few I really like and am keeping. My favorite pony is Minty! (Though I am deeply in love with Rarity [g4] and Rainbow Dash) So I have two of the McD's releases of her, and ONE g3 minty, as well as the blind bag Minty g4 and some of the other blind bags...hmm. A Fizzypop (I think that's her name? She was given to me by a brony friend of mine at school) as well as Twilight Sky, Mosely Orange, Chance-a-lot and Royal Riff. (I like the glittery Stallions!) And Rainbow Dash, a Wonderbolt, and Gilda... all the blind bag minifigs. Of the G4 ponies I just have Rainbow Dash and Rarity, as well as four of the McD's keychain type ponies.
My g3 collection really is quite limited. A re-release of g1 Moondancer, a fabric Wings Star Catcher (she's so pretty!) and a Toola-Roola with the full-body 'creativity' painting (I'm an artist, how Could I not have her? XD) and one G1 I have been unable to identify...

The rest are a collection of Baits of little interest, as well as two or three thrift store scores I am debating keeping/selling if I can find a buyer. But that comes later!

Oh, and, of course, Thor, Loki, My Little Sleipnir, Mystique, and still-unfinished Sabretooth customs.

Okay, I'm done now, roast away.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: OMNOMNOM I mean Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

So good to have you!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:29 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena :wave:

Nigel sounds like a cutie.  If you post a pic of your unknown G1 I am sure somebody here will be able to identify her :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »
:water: :frolic: :glitter: Welcome to the Arena!!! :glitter: :frolic: :water:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:13:06 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cat_me132

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • buys lots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »
Welcome, I hope you like it here.
OH no! The ponies are coming.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »
Welcome to the arena! :hamster:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
Welcome, I look forward to seeing you around the customs forum!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »
Good evening, redwerecat, and greetings. :welcome: to the Arena.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 07:33:35 PM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena.  Loved your intro and I love Minty too!
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
Welcome!  We look forward to seeing your work in Customs.  Check out the Bait Reference Guide for any pony that you might be able to restore:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Bait
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal