collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Don't you hate it when  (Read 804 times)

Offline cat_me132

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • buys lots
    • View Profile
Re: Don't you hate it when
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 06:56:21 AM »
I'm not buying any dolls till anime weekend in Atlanta is over. 
OH no! The ponies are coming.

orlapig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »
I hate that feeling :(.
Lately as I'm about to move to Spain for a year, my parents have been trying to get me to sell my doll and pony collections, so they don't have to store them while I'm gone. I understood where they were coming from and packed everything up in boxes, and they agreed to keep them in the garage. I haven't bought any ponies this year due to lack of space and money, and getting more interested in dolls. There are still a lot of dolls I want to get, but I don't feel like I can without pushing my luck with my parents, who already resent the ones I do have taking up space, plus they don't understand why I want to collect them and are worried it's a regressed childhood thing... haha.... I could buy literally anything other than dolls or ponies and they would be completely fine with it, even if it took up the same space in the house :(. I just get a lecture about wasting money on "toys I'm too old for"!
I was planning to hit the flea markets in search of Spanish (especially piggie!) ponies and dolls, but given that I can only take a few suitcases back with me at the end of the year, I'll have to be quite careful about not getting too many :(. I can't wait to have my own home some day and hopefully the space and money to buy a few things for my collection a month without feeling guilty or getting lectured!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
So, what's your "one" doll, Swordpony?  I'm curious:)

I read these threads about people losing interest in MH, and it scares the crap outta me.  I hope this never happens to me.  I've invested way too much time, and money (and OTHER people's time and money) to get what I have now.  People say you can make more money selling them off, but that seems illogical to me.  I'm not used to liking things that are worth more the longer you own them:) 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal