collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine Ditzy SDCC Figure Exclusive?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine Ditzy SDCC Figure Exclusive?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 02:32:40 AM »
Guh, i would like Dj but she is just too epensive to get. (Two extra shirts, international shipping, getting hit by customs.) I guess i can be happy they picked one of the worst Sajira designs. The wonky anatomy always bothered me, even on the shirt version.
The statue version of MC Muffin looks far better. Though her hind legs are also too long for her front legs. Just imagine her walking on all fours like that.

*just found a picture of the back of the Dj statue. What is going on with her arms/schoulders??
http://www.welovefine.com/6213-breakdance-pon3-vinyl-figure.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:38:10 AM by Malicieuse »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:40 AM »
Does anypony know if they are bringing the Ditzy Muffin statues to Dragon*Con?  It did say on the website that she is only available at conventions, and welovefine had a big table at Dragon*Con last year.

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »
I went to the WeLoveFine popup shop outside the con, and Bubbles (I hate that I can't just call her ...oh nevermind this is ridiculous) was available for sale with only a $40 purchase. I wanted boxers and a shirt anyway so it all worked out!

[edit for filter ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:36:46 PM by BabyMedley »
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »
Hopefully they have at least the pony that shall not be named available at BronyCon.

Though I'm kinda annoyed NOW is when they list Vinyl. When I can't make an order due to going on a trip for a week. Been meaning to order a couple of shirts from them, so that part of acquiring her wouldn't be a problem for me.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
Hurray I got the breakdance Vinyl figure! =D I bought the two shirts they made into the figures, Breakdance and Bubble Muffin, to qualify for the DJ figure. I plan on framing the shirts and mounting them on the wall next to the figures! I need to get the Bubble Muffin figure now... hopefully next payday I can try ebay again.

Post Merge: July 30, 2013, 11:04:20 AM

I went to the WeLoveFine popup shop outside the con, and Bubbles (I hate that I can't just call her Drama Pony) was available for sale with only a $40 purchase. I wanted boxers and a shirt anyway so it all worked out!

[edit for filter ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]

The pop-up shop wouldnt happen to still be there by any chance, would it?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:17:00 AM by hathorcat »

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
Ok, I went ahead and ordered from Welovefine.com, two shirts and a DJ Pon-3. I had two pony shirts on  my wishlist and have been waiting for Welovefine to do an interesting promo. I've ordered shirts before as gifts for my husband and myself and they're nice (my husband loves his Transformers shirts!).

I used the coupon code: "backformore13" to soften the blow--it gave me 10% off my order. Luckily enough, I live in the USA so shipping is only $5.82. The shirts also don't have to be the con exclusive prints--they can be ANY MLP shirt they sell.

I can totally see how this deal would suck for international buyers though, just for shipping costs alone.

I'd love to get a Bubblemuffin pony too but I doubt I will ever be able to attend a con that sells them, and I'm pretty sure these are going to listed for outrageous prices on Ebay.

There are a bunch of upset people leaving Facebook messages on the Welovefine website over this though, not that I blame them due to Con exclusive status of one pony and the costs associated with the other. I'm personally of mixed feelings about this. My orders from them are never cheap, but then again they come packed with all kinds of extra "free" goodies (posters, stickers, keychains, other stuff)...but I'd never order from them if I was an international buyer.

I do find the breakdancing pony adorable though, I like it much better than the Comicon DJ pony this year. This makes me glad I didn't give into temptation and buy one of those-I'd much rather have a tiny breakdancing pony that I can put on my desk and two awesome shirts that I can use than a bedazzled Funko figure that just sits in box (costwise for me, it would be almost the same).

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:27:42 PM by GoodyGumdrop »

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »

The pop-up shop wouldnt happen to still be there by any chance, would it?

No, sorry. I watched them break it down on Sunday of SDCC. :-(

To add, I have so many things from WeLoveFine that I couldn't really justify getting 2 more just to get the DJ one, too. I go to enough cons and pony events that my shirts and hoodies get use, but heavens adding 2 more would just be frivolous. I have considered extra hugme backpacks, but those will just sit in the pony room.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:43:25 PM by BabyMedley »
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
Aww, she's cute. Definitely not a pony I can afford, though.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:55 AM »
From their website:

Upcoming conventions where this figure will be available:
BronyCon in Baltimore, MD
GenCon in Indianapolis, IN
AM² in Anaheim, CA
PAX Prime in Seattle, WA
Dragon*Con in Atlanta, GA
New York Comic Con in New York, NY
Stan Lee's Comikaze in Los Angeles, CA.

I emailed customer service asking if the remaining figures are going to be split evenly between these conventions, or are all of them going to each con until they run out of stock.  Unfortunately, it's the 2nd scenerio :(   Here's what they said:

They are while supplies last, so while we can provide you with the list of shows we’ll be at, we are unable to guarantee that they will still be in stock.

I'm considering buying a day ticket for GenCon,  but it's a $50 ticket to an event I'm not interested in just to get the figure.  I'm DEFINITELY waiting until after BronyCon. I wouldnt' be surprised if it sells out there and won't even make it to the other cons. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
I would be amazed if such a small run does not sell out at BronyCon itself to be honest. Thats a shame ashlyne :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
*edit* I just read Ashylne's post.

I got all excited thinking I would be able to get her at NYCC... but if they are bringing them to Bronycon they are going to sell out in a heartbeat. I really hope they only bring part of the stock there so they have some for NYCC (sadly its at the end of the list).

I'm surprised they are going to Bronycon, I didn't think WeLoveFine themselves were going this year, I thought just their licensed reseller....I guess I was wrong. >.< Can anyone confirm or deny this?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:11:46 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
Aww man! And I was going to probably go to Gencon T.T but then only Saturday... NOOO!!! -cries-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
My friend reports that they sold out within the first hour at Bronycon. :( Boooo!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 11:49:53 AM »
NOOOOO! Oh well... I guess there is always ebay....
 :yikes:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »
Man I have to say that ponies are getting expensive!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal