collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi, again. Long time, no see!  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hi, again. Long time, no see!
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
Hi, everyone!

Wow, I am just flabbergasted that I still have an active account.  In fact, I registered for a new account not even realizing that I had an old account that was still usable.  (Maybe a mod should pm me about that, I really don't need two accounts.) 

It has literally been *years* (at least 5-6) since I've been this way, so I thought I should probably reintroduce myself.  I've been known as both Sunset and Sunset Grove in the mlp community and on Pony Island.  I don't expect a lot of people to remember me.  If anyone does, it would be for the mlp paintings I used to do.  The avatar is one of my early computer attempts and it's still attached from when I was here last!

I've been a collector for quit some time.  At this point, I would attach a picture of my 5 year old self holding my very first pony, G1 Medley, however, I will have to re-acquaint myself with all of the technical do-hickies. 

Now, see, I'm making myself sound really old.  I'm actually only 32, though I don't know, that might be ancient to most of you younger mlp enthusiasts.

So my collecting tends to go through phases.  Sometimes I have more interest than others.  Sometimes there are other things going on in real life, etc.  I have a respectable collection of G1 and early G3 ponies.  I found my re-interest in collecting due to a combination of two things.  The G4 ponies have slowly been growing on me (against my will, mind you).  Also, my mother finally made me move the packed down boxes holding my collection out of her house and into my own.  So I have been slowly trying to unpack, sort, and display or sell my collection.

Anyhow, I look forward to getting (re)aquainted with you all.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, again. Long time, no see!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Welcome back to the world of ponies!!  It's always nice to see old collectors returning.  As for your second account, we only allow one account per member so if you could please PM SoughdoughStomper with the name of your new one, she will close it for you :)

I am sure you will enjoy getting re-aquainted with your ponies!  They will enjoy being out of storage too.  It sounds like you will be adding some G4s to the ranks very soon as well :)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:50 PM »
Hello and Welcome back to the Arena!

I'm sure you can get the double account straightened out!

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
Welcome to the Arena  :cheer:

It must be awesome to unpack your collection after all that time  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:39:05 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:08 AM »
Sunset! :tackleglomp: It's awesome to see you again! Don't worry about that second account, it'll be deleted instead of activated.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
Thanks, everyone!  Hey, Sourdough Stomper, it is great to see you again!  I'll send you a pm shortly.

Post Merge: February 13, 2012, 08:09:16 AM

I am sure you will enjoy getting re-aquainted with your ponies!  They will enjoy being out of storage too.  It sounds like you will be adding some G4s to the ranks very soon as well :)

Yes, I already have a few.  I have been watching the show but resisting buying the ponies, partly because for a while there I was financially strapped.  Also, because their small size put me off a little.  Interestingly, it was a couple of the play sets that really got my attention.  I absolutly love the idea of a carousel the ponies can ride on and just wondered what took hasbro so long to think of it.  Then I saw the Friendship Train in the pony isle and I practically snatched it off the shelf. (My family has a thing for trains.)  It is just went downhill from there.

Welcome to the Arena  :cheer:

It must be awesome to unpack your collection after all that time  :lovey:

Yes, I'm still working through it.  Some of my G1s had been packed down at my Mom's house for several years now.  My favorite G1s and all of my G3s have only been packed up for about a year and a half.  I bought a house (!) and it is a bit of a fixer upper and I just didn't get around to unpacking the ponies I already had in the house.  In fact, I am remembering now that probably the last MLPs that I bought before recently was the summer before I bought the house when my parents, my sister, and I went to Disney World.  I stopped at the Build-a-Pony station.  I'm the only collector but my mom and sister where happy to help me.  You should have seen three grown women running around with handfuls of Disney pony paraphernalia.  They were almost as excited as I was!

Right now I'm trying to find places and ways to display my ponies, or at least store them outside of big plastic bins, while still having my house look "grown up."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:09:16 AM by Sunset »

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »
Hello and welcome back :)

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Welcome back to the Arena and it is great to see you back again.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »
welcome back! i hope you stay!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
Welcome back!  Things have changed quite a bit for us collectors, but ponies are still ponies...  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal