collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your favorite scent?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What is your favorite scent?
« on: August 23, 2023, 05:25:32 AM »
With Autumn on the horizon for most of us, I can't help but think of all the lovely fragrances that will come out in candles and oil warmers, room sprays, etc.  ^.^

I've always loved woodsy and spicy scents. I also love what they've done with the concept of flannel as a scent. So cozy!

I'm a candle person and I also use the Febreze plug-ins. I just bought a variety three pack of the oil. All deep musky, slightly spicy. They're called Mountain, Ocean and Amber. I'm a big fan of the Wood scent too, I have it in a room spray.

I also like beach, night and clean fresh air scents.

Goose Creek, my candle dealer, has one named Storm Front that's always sold out. I'm dying to get one.

With the exception of vanilla, I tend to stay away from food themed scents. I'm not a huge fan of florals either but jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang and rose in small quantities or mixed with other scents are nice. I have these in essential oils, but I haven't used my oil diffuser in a while.

What are favorite seasonal scents? Or just in general? You can add natural scents if you like too :) I love the scents of burning leaves, diesel, cigars and freshly brewed coffee.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite scent?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 07:04:28 AM »
My favorite scents are:
Candles: Bath & Body Works Midnight Orchid. It was a one time release, of course.  >_< It smells fruity floral, very pretty.  :inlove:
Pink Bubblegum. Again, it's only been released 3 times. Super nostalgic, very strong in that classic bubblicious way. I once found an indie wax melts vendor who made something similar (that might've been even better), but that was a one time run.
Marshmallow Fireside. Now this one comes out every year. Toasted marshmallow goodness.
Yankee Candle Sun-Drenched Apricot Rose. I think it's been discontinued. I love how accurate this one is. It isn't peach; it's distinctly that sweet almost jammy apricot mixed with rose.

Body care (B&BW): Denim & Daisies. Only released twice. It's like the name implies, mixed with a bit of citrus to keep it fresh. It's one of their longer-lasting scents.
Bubble Gum Pop. You can see a theme here. Again, your hubba bubba type scent. I've been using the mist at least a few times a week lately. It's not great on longevity though.

Perfume: Nest Indigo. It's a beautiful tea scent sweetened up with fig.

Etc: My grandpa used to burn cherry tobacco in his pipe when I was so young I'm surprised I still remember... Once in a blue moon I'll catch a whiff of it, and it makes my day.  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 10:28:58 AM »
Burning wood, fresh coffee, fresh bread, citrus...
Not a big fan of scented candles except the citrus ones tbh, & I'd prefer me smelling of nothing tbh
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 11:12:54 AM »
Interesting question!

In general:
Air fresheners: Clean linen
Perfume: Light rose
Chapstick: almond

But sometimes for air fresheners I like apple or pumpkin spice, sea breeze, vanilla or anything that I think smells nice at the time.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 02:19:49 PM »
BIG on tropical fruit scents, like Imperial Leather's Papaya and mango, Body Shop's Papaya or Blueberry body butter, Body Shop's STRAWBERRY EVERYTHING!! Have a real soft spot for coconut, cocoa butter and shea butter (smells like chocolate!).

Love the smell of popcorn as well, but don't like to eat it. I had a glittery gel pen that smelled like it and it was AMAZZIINNGGGG. When the cinema in the big city freshly pops their corn, it makes the place smell gorgeous!

Fresh bread of course!

I loved Yankee Candle's Pink Dragonfruit before they ended it, I love the Sweet Plum Sake one as well.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 08:41:10 PM »
I used to be a much bigger candle person. Since I have had kids though, I am lucky if I get my seasonal decorations out, let alone seasonal candles.

I like fresh fall scents-leaves, crisp air, and woody scents like bonfire and fireside, occasionally fresh brewed coffee, cinnamon and pumpkin.

Spring I prefer florals, champagne and rose, sweets/sugar

Summer I prefer fruity like strawberries, lemons, and fresh, outdoorsy  scents that remind me of summer days and days spent at the lake

Winter-I like pine, snow/cold, Christmas cookies, and mint

My favorite candles are from Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle. I also like the wall flower plug ins from B&BW. I will also use Febreze room sprays. One of my favorite ones for fabrics was Downey Unstoppables in Shimmer but the quit making it.

I hate things like patchouli and too spiced like clove and pumpkin spice. I like the smell of rain and thunderstorms (Yankee Candle has one called Storm Front, which is wonderful), horses, leather, freshly baked cookies and bread, cocoa butter, vanilla, lavender, lilacs, and hyacinths.

Oh and I love Bombshell and Tease and their many derivatives from Victoria Secret. Bath and Body Works: Gingham, Gingham Gorgeous, among others, usually one time editions.

Jergens original cherry almond scent and talc powder remind me of my maternal grandmother. Sand and Sable reminds me of my mom, though she doesn’t use it anymore. Red perfume was so heavy but my paternal grandmother always wore it. Pert Plus shampoo always reminds me of my dad.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:51:52 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 11:46:16 AM »
Burning wood, cinnamon, fresh coffee, freshly baked bread, the sea, dark and milk chocolate and ginger are some examples of my favourite scents. I generally like warm, cosy scents best.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 11:49:33 AM by TheClassCalico »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 07:00:26 AM »
I love the scent of sandalwood. Both in soaps and candles. I also like almond.

2013 Escada released a limited edition perfume called Cherry in the air. It is the most wonderful fragrance I know. I love it so much. I had limited funds back then but managed to buy two bottles and decided to only use them on my off days june-august. I have very little left in my last bottle. Hopefully it will last one more summer. Two years ago Escada released a similar fragrance called Japan in the air and I totally missed it. I found one still in package on tradera a couple of days ago and won it. People say it's the closest thing you can come to cherry and I hope it is. I will know next summer, or the summer after that.

Four years ago, I think, IKEA had a christmas candle for sale called Winter apple. It's the best candle fragrance I've come accross. I didn't know it was a limited run. I thought it would return the next year and was devastated when it didn't. I have one left! I'm holding on to it for dear life.
I like their vanilla candle and they introduced a pear tree candle that I like as well.

Besides candles and soap.. I love the smell of coffee. I don't like the taste of coffee but love the smell. I also love the smell of horses, my husbands cologne, fried onions, sea water and the woods after a heavy rain.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »
Oh, I didn't think about soap! I have so much soap! My mom would buy sets from a local place that made goat milk soap all the time. I must have 50 bars. For soap or body wash or lotions and things like that, I love shea and coco butter. Simple, classic, smells great! I also like cucumber, sea salt, berry, and coconut.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal