collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fading gone wrong  (Read 1264 times)

Valkohai

• Trade Count: (0)
Fading gone wrong
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »
I got TE Sky Rocket cheap and she needed some work.  I opened her and boiled her to get off the dirt away. Then I used conditioner to her hair and used hot iron. Last but not least I put some oxy thingie.. the thing you put to your hair to make them lighter color as I have done a lot of times to lighten the cancer spots.. but it went wrong..
 The cancer spot on her back dissepeared but so did the color and now she has a light spot ion her back. I'm glad thou that she did not end up worse as I had it put on 5 places and her back is only one that suffered.

Thought I would share as a warning..

Also, any other ponies that have nasty tendency to do the same?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Fading gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »
Removezit is also used to bleach out cancer spots and works really well on yellow ponies. But like your Sky Rocket, it can leach out the color on certain ponies.  I think blue, purple and green ponies are sensitive to it. Not so sure about pink and orange ponies.   I've learned to do a test spot on a similar baity pony or on the bottom of a hoof first.   

Valkohai

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
I don't have baity ponies. I will try to revive all ponies I get.

but thanks for the info! im sure it'll help in future!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
Glad to help :)  Oh, and sometimes with white ponies, it can leave the area yellow. 

It's hard to guess which ones will be affected. Always best to test it in a spot where it won't be seen on display. If you have specific ponies you want to restore, feel free to list the names or post pics. I'm sure there are others who may have worked on them and can let ou know if they're sensitive to chemicals and fading. 

Valkohai

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 12:53:12 PM »
eww. And I thought sunfading starshine getting darker is worste..

And that is a briliant idea. It was too simple for me to figure out. I always just used google and if nothing comes up I do it myself trough err and success.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
Yes I agree with ashlyne removezit and similar cream bleaches can be really dangerous around ponies. They can leech and they or the mark they are removing can destabilise pigments in the plastic which causes the effect you have here.

The cancer mark disappears sometimes because what you are bleaching is the brown colouring stain left behind so yes sometimes this works however the bleach doesn't make the mark just vanish it changes the stain and that leaks into the surrounding plastic causing the destabilising of the pigment.

Think of if as if you have a dot of ink on a sheet of paper and then you drop a drop of water onto that ink - the ink dot  decreases in intensity of colour because part of the ink leeches into the surrounding paper.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
Do you mean hydrogen peroxide in this Skyrocket case?

Pink ponies fade easily with remove-zit too. It seems to me that yellow ponies are the only good candidates for remove-zit treatment. Orange and white ponies sometimes can have good results with it too, but I have understood they can change colour sometimes aswell, but not as often as blue/purple/green/pink.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:41:24 PM by Goldilocks »
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Valkohai

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
Do you mean hydrogen peroxide in this Skyrocket case?

yes, im pretty sure that's what it was.
I bought a bottle of it in professional salong.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
Unfortunately yes I have seen similar effects with HP as well in the past - when purchased this way it is designed for bleaching after all.

If you are ever unsure of how something may or may not react on your ponies you should post a thread asking people if they have had success or failure...maybe that will help you in the future? People here are super friendly and I am sure you ll find someone somewhere who has given just about everything a try in the attempts at restoration!
Loa is my love god!

Valkohai

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
I didn't think it would make a white hole because I used HP for so many other ponies and merch. I already thought it'd be safe. : 9

thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
Its good for fading white plastics or removing the yellow on colour plastics but it tends to be on hard plastics - i.e. plastics with much lower plasticiser content in them.

Thats the main problem in restoring sometimes you just never know how a pony and their plastic or hair is going to react to something - what works for one may not for another.
Loa is my love god!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
I've had this happen with Removezit a few times (you'd think I would've learned the first time!). I think I've heard of people being able to dye the spot back but I've never tried it myself. I was to scared off after the white spots!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal