collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Rarity FS in cheerleader skirt...suggestions needed!  (Read 1350 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
G3 Rarity FS in cheerleader skirt...suggestions needed!
« on: May 17, 2016, 04:13:55 AM »
Hello everypony today at the thrift store I found a cheerleader skirt that fits my G3 Rarity Fashion Style (score!!) so, here is her hasty start...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was going to make her a saddle out of Lily Lightly's old dress but, I like this better!  I am not usually moved by cheerleader skirt but I think it really works here, maybe because it stands up like a tutu and I really love those.  What does anypony think?

I like the hair this way but I will make better ties that are longer and hold the hair better...and I will either comb it out better or put it in a gentle curl what does anypony think?
(I recently found out these are not universally called "pigtails" and are called "high ponytails" in the UK and a member in the States called them "twin tails" referring to my Star Catcher so I wonder what else they are called because they are my favorite!)  It wasn't easy doing them on G3 FS Rarity because she has 3 rows of hair plugs...so I used a toothpick to divide the middle row one plug left, one plug right, etc...all the way down.

I'm really getting hooked on these giant size G3s!, they magically make me happy...any suggestions as to which ones are available?  They seem a little HTF especially without knowing the pony names...

The heart-shaped turquoise choker snags her hair too easy which is a problem, my alternate natural stone option is the dark blue choker sitting at her feet, should I use it or find something else?  Or does the one she has now look good enough to keep on her?

My project Pony Bride is in the picture too...notice that is not her original smile!  because her mouth was chewed off before I got her and I used a blade and hours of sanding to produce what you see here.  I removed the tinsel from her hair, and put natural diamonds in her ears.  I will be adding some more things like a ribbon choker with a lab diamond and a big lab diamond on her left hoof and making her some shoes out of ribbon, and maybe a garter...all the ribbon will be very pale gold...does anypony have any suggestions?

That little unicorn I found at the thrift store today too; she is bisque!  and the newest member of my non-mlp support herd.

Thanks everypony!

Niwalime

Re: G3 Rarity FS in cheerleader skirt...suggestions needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
Oh she looks lovely in that skirt! I think that it goes very well with Raritys color. I like the necklace too but it might look even nicer with something that matches the rest of her outfit, like something with white or light pink beads would probably look really cute! :heart:

I am too really hooked on the fashion style-sized G3's. I recently decided that they will be one of my main collecting-goals at the moment, and so far I have Pinkie Pie and Rarity is on her way to me :) I agree on the FS ponies being HTF, or generally quite expensive when you do come across them  :lookround:

I will link a list from Strawberryreef below that shows you all the FS ponies avalible along with their names ^^
That page also has really useful lists of all G3's, so you can identify any pony that you find (even from G1, G2 and G4 as well)

http://strawberryreef.com/Index/BodyType/styling.html

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 01:42:20 AM »
Hello everypony today at the thrift store I found a cheerleader skirt that fits my G3 Rarity Fashion Style (score!!) so, here is her hasty start...

I was going to make her a saddle out of Lily Lightly's old dress but, I like this better!  I am not usually moved by cheerleader skirt but I think it really works here, maybe because it stands up like a tutu and I really love those.  What does anypony think?
Yes! I love cheerleader outfits so much. I think it looks better than a cut outfit, mainly because Lily's dress is just too perfect on its own.  :lol:

I like the hair this way but I will make better ties that are longer and hold the hair better...and I will either comb it out better or put it in a gentle curl what does anypony think?
(I recently found out these are not universally called "pigtails" and are called "high ponytails" in the UK and a member in the States called them "twin tails" referring to my Star Catcher so I wonder what else they are called because they are my favorite!)
Try all of them and post pictures!  :P
(Also, I'm from Hungary, not the States. I always called them 'twintails' because they're, like, twins of each other on two sides? I never knew its the same as 'pigtails' either, I always imagined that style to be more, ehh, literal.)[/quote]

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:11:37 AM »
We call them pigtails in NZ too, but I have also heard them referred to as high pony tails. I think the style will really suit her skirt - which looks fab btw.  It could have been made especially for ponies :)

Congrats :cheer: <- I thought this smilie was appropriate ;)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 07:44:48 AM »
how perfect does that skirt go with her?!  Congrats on your little find! Look forward to seeing an updated styling pic :cheer:

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 08:15:32 AM »
It goes so well on her.Congrats, she really looks great.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal