collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling brave for deleting some people off Facebook...  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Feeling brave for deleting some people off Facebook...
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:07:58 PM »
Anyone else had a Facebook cull?  How did you feel?

I have some old friends who I used to be close with but frankly they don't bother talking to me anymore.  For example, there's one girl who I asked if I could bring someone to her engagement party last Christmas and she said no, then when I explained it was because I was feeling anxious and wanted someone to travel with she didn't reply.  I always thought she was a nice girl.  She works for the Times so I could have guessed. 

Another one hasn't spoken to me since she had a baby and rarely for the last few years before that.  But when we do see each other she insists we are great friends.  However,  I just found out I'm infertile which has put an end to any reservations I might have about ditching her because if I need to be around happy people with babies I'll save my efforts for people who make an effort for me.  Then I got rid of  any of their friends met once at hen dos etc.

I am invincible!  I'm very close to losing my last remaining Uni contacts now but I just don't care anymore.  I want to surround myself with people who make me feel good in the now.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Feeling brave for deleting some people off Facebook...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Yes! I culled everyone including myself a few years ago  :lol: I just don't like it at all!

The only Facebook I have now is used for work only & to be honest ... mum does all the facebook side anyway as she knows I HATE it.
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
Lol honestly my Facebook is where o can stalk draft horse groups and read information or follow custom pony artists. I have a handful of real life contacts on there and that's the way I like to keep it. So I actually don't talk a lot to anyone on my Facebook as the people in my life I see them often enough I don't need to do it online: :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
Brilliant  :lol: I wonder how many people really use facebook 'properly' these days.  Mine is mainly for work too.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 06:24:05 PM »
I've gone through my list of friends and deleted tons of people. I mainly keep it for family, groups I'm in, funny videos and pictures, and work.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 07:49:26 PM »
I got sick of all the drama on mine so I just deleted it.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Well done to you! I am not brave enough to delete any of my 'friends'.  Somehow I have been pressured into accepting friend requests from a few people I don't like much but I don't have the courage to delete them. I'm glad your cull has made you feel happier and brighter :D

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »
One thing I hate about facebook is feeling obligated to add people that friend request you. The kind who you don't know that well that will confront you or mention next time they see you why you hadn't added them back. I've been popping a lot of those people on the "restricted" train. I didn't even know the restricted list was a thing. Glad I found it.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »
I go with the restricted category and unfollow to keep the opinionated but still friends at an arm's length.  Now my timeline is full of kittens, pictures of friend's meals, their babies and random inspirational messages.   Life looks pleasant on facebook.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:01:12 PM »
i only keep people i know or have been actually friends with for a very long time. I usually seem to average about 12 friends. On a few occasions Ill add significant others, siblings, parents of said friends, IF I also know them pretty well? But they usually don't seem to stick around too long, either they post things I don't want to see on my wall, or I just don't communicate with them enough.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:12 AM »
Every so often I have a friends cull on Facebook and I always feel better for it.

I like Facebook but I feel that its very much a double ended sword.  Its great for keeping in touch with people, sharing photos, finding people with the same interests etc but I find the other side of it is people have a tendency to say things they wouldn't say in person and then you get unpleasantness.

I try and stay out of the drama, lifes too short and I'm a big believer in the phrase "If you've nothing nice to say, then don't say anything"

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 01:24:04 AM »
Good for you! It's refreshing to clean yourself of those 'friends', isn't it?

I've done it before with high school friends I stopped talking to. Then they eventually added me back, but never talked to me so I deleted them again. This was a few years ago, a couple have since added me back again, but I just don't think I care enough to delete them anymore. I don't keep up with my feed or post things often enough to need to be selective.

Really, I only keep my Facebook because it's the best way to speak with my brother, but it's under a fake/shortened name and private so I don't need to worry about people I don't want randomly adding me.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 02:01:14 AM »
I'm rather cautious about who I add on Facebook, so I've never had to cull a lot of people. I do remove the odd contact every now and then, but usually for a very specific reason (like someone who once sent me a rather unfriendly PM in response to something I'd posted - I didn't feel bad about removing them).

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:28 AM »
Oh, I don't have a Facebook, so I have no problems as such. :P
I just feel the whole site is rather... pointless for me.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:38 AM »
Hm... Guess I don't really understand the concept of 'deleting' friends, unless they've started harassing me or something. I'm always sad when I get deleted by old high school friends. If it was about me not talking to them, then I don't really understand, because they never made any such effort themselves. If they had messaged me I would have responded! I just am a little shy starting them myself, because I think that might bother them.

The only individual I've ever thought of deleting is my ex. I hate it, I really do... But since November she hasn't even acknowledged my existence. She didn't wish me happy birthday in late December, she hasn't responded to any of my texts about anything, and won't acknowledge me on Facebook either (not even anything on subjects she would have had fun talking with me about in the past =( ).

I have no clue what she is even doing. It seems like she should just delete me if she wants nothing to do with me, but she has yet to do so. I can't bring myself to do so, either. I still wish we could go back to being friends.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal