collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antique and thrift store brag!  (Read 1515 times)

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
Antique and thrift store brag!
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
So today my mom and I headed over to a local antique store to see if they could sell some pictures. The woman who runs the store calls me frequently whenever she gets ponies. While we were pulling up, Mom said, "Maybe she'll have some ponies for you". I was hoping she wouldn't, since...I was broke :-P But the second we walked through the door, the owner says, "I was just getting ready to call you"....and then she pulls out a bag full of ponies from various generations and dumps them on the counter XD

The absolute best find in that pile was baby Glory. I've wanted Glory for ages, and I want the adult Glory more than anything but getting the baby was awesome, and her condition was unreal. Her hair was still silky and shiny without a single tangle. Her symbols were still glittery. She even had her ID necklace around her neck...and she was also wearing a diaper. Even her insides were clean. There was no rust that I could see, and her washer seemed to be in good condition. The only issues she has are some dirt spots.

My other finds were a So-Soft Newborn Rainbow Dash, and also a G1 Bubblefish. And the strangest of all...a 2011 McDonald's Applejack. Yes...a 2011 pony at an antique store. My mom got me the Rainbow Dash and baby Glory. Bubblefish and Applejack are being held for me until the weekend.

Then later on we stopped to check out a consignment shop, and within the shopping center was a thrift store. We stopped in that first just to check it out, and on the toy shelf I manged to find a Core Friends Scootaloo for only 95 cents. And then while we were on our way up to the check out, I spotted a Core 7 Sweetie Belle sticking her head out of a pot on the counter. And the woman at the counter said they get ponies pretty frequently, so I'll likely be checking back.   

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Antique and thrift store brag!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
Congrats!  Glory is one of my faves too! 

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
Big congrats ;)

bigmlpfan xx

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
Awesome! It's great the lady saves the ponies up just for you.  Congrats on Baby Glory :)

Offline StarDragon

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
Hehe... I've been seeing quite a few G4 McDonalds ponies at thrift stores lately! :p Congrats on your haul! Baby Glory is a cutie.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »
Thanks, all! :)

Hehe... I've been seeing quite a few G4 McDonalds ponies at thrift stores lately!

This wasn't a thrift store, though, this was an antique store lol. I think all these ponies are brought in by the same woman. I have a feeling that she's hunting for them now. When I first gave the store my number, I was getting a call maybe every 3 weeks. Now it's almost every week, and I think whowever's getting them is going that extra mile to find them, because I'm not a picky collector. I've pretty much bought something every time she gets a lot in, and I've also noticed that the lots are getting bigger. So I think this person is hunting for them now, and she's grabbing anything MLP, even if it's recent, because I'll buy it.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »
Congrats on some really nice finds!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 02:01:41 PM »
Very lucky, grats!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »
Incredibly lucky, congrats on your pony finds!
Fight like a girl..

ElusiveLily

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Thanks!  :biggrin:

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
She even had her ID necklace around her neck...and she was also wearing a diaper.

Aww! That sentence made me happy. I don't know why, though. Someone must have either loved her or hated her enough to keep her in good condition.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
Yeah...I'm seriously doubting this Glory ever saw the hands of a child. At least not under the age of 12. Her condition was just too excellent. Even the washer was like new. I have a feeling she's mostly been on display for the majority of her life.

I still intend to bathe her...and I know I'm going to have to take serious precautions if I want to keep that washer and clamp shiny. Right now her hair is shiny but kind of dry. It's not easy to run a comb through it, despite having no tangles. Plus...she has that old smell XD Garnier will fix that.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
Nice. Finding newer ponies at an Antique Mall isn't to rare. The majority of ponies I find at the one I go to has tons of G3s.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

ElusiveLily

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
Well, G3s don't surprise me that much. I mean, they did at first, but getting in ponies that are barely a year old is kind of funny XD But I'm not complaining. But I've yet to see a G2. She's sold me something from every generation now except the second.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Congrats!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal