collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU so overpriced !!!! :(  (Read 2598 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: TRU so overpriced !!!! :(
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
TRU markups are absolutely painful here. I see someone quoted $7.99 USD for the blindbag 3-pack, here it's $20.6 USD!!! This is why I absolutely dread TRU exclusives in any line now, because if I really want the exclusive I have to give TRU the ridiculous marked-up price... which just encourages it...

Offline Mysticolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 04:41:43 AM »
I wish I only had to pay TRU prices, but being stuck in the UK, I had to pay the equivalent of $48 for Zecora through eBay and the equivalent of $90 for the Nightmare Moon set.

Heavy Hooves,    :sad:
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »
Ouch hathor and Mysticolt, that's very painful to read. >.o Hopefully in the future you can find exclusives here on the Arena rather than on ebay. We fellow pony collectors are more than willing to help so you don't have to pay huge markup scalper prices!

PS: Mysticolt - I love your name! Very creative! :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 07:41:38 AM »
I visited a different store in a no so nice part of town and guess what !!!, it was cheaper than the previous one, I guess Rent is not high on that area or they go by the demographics closely ;).  So cheap rent part of town = cheaper toys Lol , the other store is in a very nice area of town with expensive neighboorhoods around it guess they want the buyers to chip in for Rent !!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »
I visited a different store in a no so nice part of town and guess what !!!, it was cheaper than the previous one, I guess Rent is not high on that area or they go by the demographics closely ;).  So cheap rent part of town = cheaper toys Lol , the other store is in a very nice area of town with expensive neighboorhoods around it guess they want the buyers to chip in for Rent !!

This kind of price difference is quite common in retail stores.  When visiting my mom in the States, I often find that the Wal*Mart in Tennessee is about $1-5 cheaper on EVERYTHING than the Wal*Mart in a more affluent town 30 miles away in Kentucky.  So if you're feeling like your local TRU prices are just too much to bear, check out a different store location in a different economic neighborhood.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Yes its pretty standard for their to be price differences from retailer to retailer in national chains - I am pleased you managed to track her down.

Thanks dragonflitter :) We get our own share of exclusives so I don't think we can really complain about missing out - I think its just that perhaps because the prices quoted are about right for what we would have to pay here it doesnt seem as big a jump as it will when you have been used to lower prices. If that makes sense!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal