collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Itty bitty brag :3  (Read 1266 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Itty bitty brag :3
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
Okay, so it's nothing THAT spectacular but I still like to think of it as a fair bargain. So, couple of days ago, I went on a small investigation to some local second hand stores, in search of some MLP figures (especially those from the G1). Although I didn't find any (though I'm not loosing any hope yet), I did find some G3 ponies.

A few days ago I discovered that one of the small stores in my neighborhood, which sells second hand stuff for kids (clothes, toys etc.), has a couple of G3 Ponies, Baby Ponies and fakies on sale. The adult ponies were for about $3 (9 Polish zloty) the Baby Ponies and Fakies went for $2 (7 Polish zloty). There were quite a few Ponies that I was really tempted to buy, but I ended up buying only one (for one I didn't want to spend all the money, plus the owners started to close their store, so I had to hurry up a little). And here it is, G3 Rarity:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Her hair is frizzy and she's also a bit dirty, but still she's in a pretty good shape! I might actually return there and buy some more of those ponies... also, the lady who owns the store, told me that she might get some more in a couple of days. :3 :3

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Itty bitty brag :3
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
Rarity is an awesome pony, congrats on finding her!
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Moonracer

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
Thanks! :3

Also, just a couple of minutes ago I recieved a package of the ponies that I won at one of the polish internet auctions: three fakies, one G1 pony and one G3 pony. I got them pretty cheap for something like 4 or 5 bucks (calculating from Polish zlotys).

The G1 Pony is the Dutch Singalong Pony (a variant of Melody) - she's incredibly dirty but a couple of OxiAction baths should do. Other than that she's in a good shape - no mold, cancer, stains. Nothing. Also her hair has faded to white, but I'm not sure if I want to dye it back to pink... I kinda like the way she looks now - it suits her. ;)

The G3 Pony is Pretty Pop - her hair's a bit frizzy and messy but she too is also in a good shape. Plus her hair still has it's scent. :D :D

Here's the photo of all the Ponies (the photo comes from the auction):

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »
Ooh! I love Pretty Pop, and messy hair is dead-easy to sort out! Sing-along is a nice find, I always prefer faded hair over re-pinked!

I'm also loving that little green horse with purple points, she looks like a Barbie horse that shrunk!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
What lovely ponies, grats!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
Rarity looks really pretty.  Great buy for 50c.  The dutch Singalong pony you got is so cool!  Congrats :D

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
nice find!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »
Wow! Nice dutchie!

Moonracer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
Thanks a lot for the comments guys!

@little.fox - I managed to fix the hair. You were right: it really is quite easy! And on Pretty Pop it went really smoothly. ;)

As for the small blue fakie - I also like this one. Mostly because of how unusual it is - it's body is hard plastic, but it has nylon hair, which is quite unusuall for a fakie of this type. Come to think of it, it really does look like a small Barbie horse. :D

Today I went back to that second hand store to try getting some more ponies. I gave myself a bit more time, this time, to look at the ponies they had there (mostly because there was still some time before the store closed, and the store owner was preoccupied with tending to other people there). I ended up picking these two girls:

Baby Keen Bean and Tropical Surprise. Both of them were in a fairly good condition. Before taking the picture I gave Keen Bean a little cleaning, since she was a bit dirty and her hair was slightly messy.. Tropical Surprsie still has scent in her hair. Her body is a bit yellowed, but I'm afraind of sunfading her, because I heard that sunfading has varying effects on purple and blue ponies...

After I paid for these two, I asked the store owner if there's a chance she'll be having more ponies in the future. She told me that it's more than likely that she'll be having more next week. She also told me that she once had whole shelves of ponies. Man... had I only known earlier... So I'll wait and there go back there next week... who knows? Maybe, with a bit of luck, I'll get myself some G1 ponies? :]

Also, I recieved another package today, with these two beauties inside:

I got the off the internet auction. They both were INCREDIBLY cheap, and are one of my best buys. I got them both for nearly the same price, that you can buy a single MIB G4 pony for (here in Poland I mean). And I'm really happy with them!

Before this photo was taken I gave them a bath and fixed their hair - they had a little dirt on them (plus Rainbow Dash was a bit smelly) and their hair was messy. Now they're both clean, their hair is groomed and they have a nice smell. :3 :3

And that'll be all for today... I'm still waiting for two other packages that I'm supposed to recieve: one with G1 baby Honeycomb, and one with three G3 ponies (Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Toola Roola).

Also, I'm thinking of starting a new topic showing off my collection... it's a bit miniscule compared to others which I've seen here, but I still think it's worth showing it off. :]

appleponygal

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:17 AM »
It looks like your collection has gotten off to a really great start!  Love your ponies!  I have G3 Rarity & Pretty Pop myself. :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »
Awesome ponies! Congrats! :cheer:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie