collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash  (Read 12385 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Hikari Gold Dust Rainbow Dash Preorder
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:21 PM »
I didn't really care for any of the RD Hikari figures before, but this one is gorgeous!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Hikari Gold Dust Rainbow Dash Preorder
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
Fluttershy is so cute though I'd love to see her giant tail and mane on a Hikari but I do see your guys points about another Pegasus! I think Rarity would be a good second choice she would look stunning with some clear glitter variants!! Maybe one that looks like diamonds!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2016, 08:37:08 AM »
Just realized that this variant is actually rainbow speckled and not gold speckled, like I originally thought.

So now I really want this one to be released!

Still hoping to see a new pony hikari mold at the Toy Fair! Hooves crossed for one of the princesses (either Twilight, Luna or Celestia)!

I'm a little surprised at how quickly the Gold Dust RD pre-sold out on EE, but that's always a good sign when something pony is selling well. :) I'm just glad I decided to order it when I did, instead of waiting like I had planned. At least it's at 1000 pieces, meaning it shouldn't be too hard to come by down the road.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
Yeah, I will definitely get that clear rainbow glitter when she comes out-  I am TRYING to pass on gold glitter, I can't afford to get all of them!  I will pass on solid gold too if she ever comes out.

The EE preorders of Gold Dust sold out fast but there are still a couple on Gemini if anyone is looking-  they are a trustworthy source, I order from them all the time (they get all the Funko prototypes so they must have some kind of fabulous connection)

http://www.geminicollectibles.net/funko-my-little-pony-gold-dust-rainbow-dash-hikari-sofubi-vinyl-figure-le-1000-pre-order/

I feel like the figures have sold pretty well, hopefully we will get a new character revealed in February at Toyfair!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Another thing for me to buy!  :biggrin: I'm loving the gold on that one! I plan on buying it to join my other glittery ones! I do not know if I want the solid gold metallic one yet as the metallic one first released wasn't the best quality. I just :heart: the glittery ones!

Post Merge: January 28, 2016, 12:11:06 AM

Oh dear.... now I really want that rainbow glittery clear one too! She looks like Star Shine or a strawberry pop tart xD
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:11:06 AM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2016, 08:22:31 AM »
I know I'll break and get the metallic gold one because it would bother me to have every other variant and... yeah. :lol:

I've seen quite a few hikari collectors say that they were interested in the RD figures, despite not being an MLP fan. So these figures are appealing to people outside of the demographic- awesome!
Instagram / Want List

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2016, 02:11:35 AM »
And my BF just got me the regular Glitter for my B-Day/Valentines day. 0.o... my first Hikari ever! And, wow they are very light. XD

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2016, 05:35:33 AM »
And my BF just got me the regular Glitter for my B-Day/Valentines day. 0.o... my first Hikari ever! And, wow they are very light. XD

Congrats and yes, they are incredibly light! When I was lining all of mine up to get a picture, they kept falling over domino style due to the slight breeze we had that day. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

lostpony

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2016, 05:29:16 AM »
I got the original colored one and it is very poor quality, not like any I've seen in review videos.  There are huge gaps where the different pieces fit together and one leg and one arm broke off with the slightest pressure.  I'm going to have to rework all the connection points to make them fit together properly and then re-glue them. 

I'm also disappointed in the complete lack of mass.  It seems like it might be polystyrene.  I like my toys to weigh something.  Still love its look though; I will fix it up.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »
I got the original colored one and it is very poor quality, not like any I've seen in review videos.  There are huge gaps where the different pieces fit together and one leg and one arm broke off with the slightest pressure.  I'm going to have to rework all the connection points to make them fit together properly and then re-glue them. 

I'm also disappointed in the complete lack of mass.  It seems like it might be polystyrene.  I like my toys to weigh something.  Still love its look though; I will fix it up.

The leg and an arm broke off? Wow, what on earth were you doing with her? Lol
For sure my figures are far from perfect- I also don't like that wing gap, and there are smudges and flaws of all of the ones with a paint jobs - but I actually still really like them, they look pretty amazing displayed together.  For sure the clear glitter ones look the best- probably because there is no paint to smudge! 

Okay, I might have finally talked myself into the gold dust one that looks like Muffins...

OH and if anyone else lives in the Seattle/Western Washington area-  some Funko artists will be signing swag at the Northgate mall on March 26- including Nena- the artist who created the MLP Hikari!  (They are there to sign batman vs. superman stuff but I will be bringing a MLP Hikari for her to sign- the only question is... which one? and can I get away with more than one ??)

More deets about signing event:
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/Cluke88/media/4FC3C63A-FACD-42F0-AC3C-FBF5FD000F6C_zpsi1u1q6al.png.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:59:51 PM by Galactica »

lostpony

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »

For sure my figures are far from perfect- I also don't like that wing gap, and there are smudges and flaws of all of the ones with a paint jobs - but I actually still really like them, they look pretty amazing displayed together.  For sure the clear glitter ones look the best- probably because there is no paint to smudge! 

I knew someone would ask me that!  Let's just say they are not exaggerating when they say these are not toys and are for display only... 

Mine doesn't have any paint smudges whatsoever that I can find, so once I fix up the fit of the joints and reglue them, she should look as good as the ones I've seen in videos that look perfect.  I bought one for the clean look of the face after disappointment with the regular vinyls having poorly-finished big seams on their faces.  I really love the face on my Hikari.  When I get her fixed up, she will definitely stay mostly in her display box after this.

Do the clear glitter ones have better joints?  The ones I see in pictures look really perfect.  How rich do I have to be to go for that glitter muffins-looking one...I can't look!

I don't know anything about getting them signed, but if it were me I'd bring a lot of them and give it a try, Good luck!

(this is my first attempt to use the Quote feature here, looks like I got it to work ok...)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »

I knew someone would ask me that!  Let's just say they are not exaggerating when they say these are not toys and are for display only... 

Mine doesn't have any paint smudges whatsoever that I can find, so once I fix up the fit of the joints and reglue them, she should look as good as the ones I've seen in videos that look perfect.  I bought one for the clean look of the face after disappointment with the regular vinyls having poorly-finished big seams on their faces.  I really love the face on my Hikari.  When I get her fixed up, she will definitely stay mostly in her display box after this.

Do the clear glitter ones have better joints?  The ones I see in pictures look really perfect.  How rich do I have to be to go for that glitter muffins-looking one...I can't look!

I don't know anything about getting them signed, but if it were me I'd bring a lot of them and give it a try, Good luck!

(this is my first attempt to use the Quote feature here, looks like I got it to work ok...)

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by joints?  I am guessing you mean the connection between the wings and the body right?  Of the 5 that I have- the wings on my "original" edition, and one of the wings on my color storm- appeared to have a gap instead of lying flush with the body.  I wouldn't recommend this necessarily- but I actually pulled the wing off my color storm and then reglued it so it would be flush...  my others, Noir, Mettalic, Glitter color storm- the wings are flush.  So I think it probably varies.

I noticed that there are gold dust Hikari Dashes on ebay and on amazon - the lowest price with shipping is $43

lostpony

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by joints?  I am guessing you mean the connection between the wings and the body right?  Of the 5 that I have- the wings on my "original" edition, and one of the wings on my color storm- appeared to have a gap instead of lying flush with the body.  I wouldn't recommend this necessarily- but I actually pulled the wing off my color storm and then reglued it so it would be flush...  my others, Noir, Mettalic, Glitter color storm- the wings are flush.  So I think it probably varies.

I noticed that there are gold dust Hikari Dashes on ebay and on amazon - the lowest price with shipping is $43

Yes the connections between in my case the arms and legs and the body.  She's constructed just like traditional polystyrene car and airplane models, and the gaps are the result of too much material on the mating surfaces of the parts that should have been removed before assembly when they were separated from their "trees".  The quality of the assembly labor could use better control, and I guess if given the chance it would be good to buy these in person to avoid getting the less-well-assembled ones.

Fortunately the glue used in assembly was minimal so we are able to separate them with a little force (slightly risky), and perfect the union of the pieces just like assembling a new model except for having to be careful not to damage the paint.  I'm glad to hear it went well for you, so it has the potential to go well for me too.  Until then my Rainbow looks a little Venus de Milo, haha. 

Gee you have a lot of these, is that all of them?

Under $50 on the gold dust? If they are still around in early April I might go for one, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:03:04 PM by lostpony »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
Yeah, Gold Dust RD is going pretty cheap now!

Mine came in great condition. Out of all of them, the metallic is the only one that has visible issues. Anyway, this gold one is gorgeous!

I'm running out of room, so I'm okay if this is the last one!

Instagram / Want List

lostpony

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
The gold dust RD looks great!  If any are left that cheap by April I'll try and get one.

Nice corner of your pony room, Rainbowrific.  I saw on the pony room thread that you have like 3 more corners or so, haha.  I have some catching up to do!  But no room at all for them...they are perched all around my computer seat and overflowing a couple of boxes too.  So I guess I am caught up.

I guess my Hikari has an arm and a wing off, not a leg, to correct myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal