collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *updated title* PC rare and questionably authentic G4  (Read 3460 times)

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:34:57 PM by CrystalSnowflake »
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: PC rare / prototype G4
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »
I have no idea how much they're worth or what they're called, but I would be very interested in buying some if you're selling them :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 02:58:02 AM »
idk about price checks, but I can help w/ IDing :) Let's see...

First pic - two Celestia protos, Glimmer Wings Diamond Rose w/ Rarity's symbol
Second pic - Yellow ones are Apple Bloom protos, pink w/ symbol is Twirly Treats (looks to be the same as the released version), the other one looks like either Star Dreams w/ green (Sweetie Belle) eyes, or Sweetie Belle with Star Dreams' hair? I can't tell if she's white or pink from the pic, heh.
Third pic - top row:
Pinkie Berry (Pinkie Pie/Cherry Berry hybrid), Holly Blue/Trixieshy (Trixie/Fluttershy/Rarity hybrid), Rarity w/ blue hair, Minty (same as released ver),
bottom row:
Pinkie Pie/Cherry Pie hybrid, Lyra Rays (Lyra/Sunny Rays/Twilight Sparkle hybrid), Mrs Dazzle Cake (looks to be the same as released ver), Muffins/Ditzy/whatever you want to call her (same as released ver)
Fourth pic:
top row: another Diamond Rose/Rarity hybrid (Diamond Rarity? XD), Pinkie Pie's Boutique ("Black Tie") Pinkie Pie and Wysteria (think these are the same as the released vers)
bottom row: winged unicorn Rarity, PPBoutique Pinkie (same as released ver), Shadowbolts Rainbow Dash (IIRC the final release had a short mane that I think was glued into a certain style, I could be misremembering? Yours looks like it has longer hair, but idk)
Fifth pic: Fashion Style White Celestia (final release was pink), FS Celestia/Rarity hybrid
Sixth pic: SDCC 2012 Ditzy/Muffins/etc

I might be interested in buying Pinkie Berry depending on how much you sell her for (if you are looking to sell, I mean!) :) I've been looking for her for a while now. You have a nice collection of protos! :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 05:44:40 AM »
Glimmer Wings Diamond Rose w/ Rarity's symbol  I am very interested in this one.

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 10:11:38 PM »
I plan on selling my entire collection of G4 ponies including the rares/prototypes.
I am starting to go through my old saved emails trying to figure out how much I paid for some of these.
I'm hoping I can sell most if not all through the arena rather than taking it to ebay.
The link in my signature is the listing for all that I have sorted and photographed so far.
At this point I am ahead on photos but behind on creating my list and finding prices.
I am willing to accept reasonable offers.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:22 AM »
Definitely watching this! I'd be really interested in Little Muffins or Minty once you figure out what you'd want for them!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Sweet Daes

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
I am going to be the Debbie downer. I've seen a bunch of these on eBay and a lot of people say they came from Taobao, which casts a lot doubt on authenticity because it is a site that sells knockoffs and bootlegs from China.

I doubt Hasbro would be so un-protective of their prototypes, especially since the blue-haired Celestia is definitely one of many that I have seen be sold- at least a good 1/2 dozen

Is there some sort of certificate or guarantee that these are the real prototypes from Hasbro themselves, or were they just bootlegs that have obvious manufacturer errors?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:15:02 AM by Sweet Daes »

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »
Sweet Daes I get what you are saying.
I feel that your thoughts and concerns are worthy of its own thread.
I would be interested to hear what others think.
~*Ponies for Sale*~

Offline Sweet Daes

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 08:23:05 AM »
Sweet Daes I get what you are saying.
I feel that your thoughts and concerns are worthy of its own thread.
I would be interested to hear what others think.

It would mean a lot more since there are individuals interested in what you have posted. I would like to know because I would like to find certain ones, too, but I am not paying that price for something that is a knock-off or bootleg.

I question the authenticity of your collection, and if they are not authentic then they are not prototypes worthy of the "rare prototype" price tag that some collectors want to put on them. This means your collection should be inspected and research should be conducted to verify authenticity.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 08:55:27 AM »
I am going to be the Debbie downer. I've seen a bunch of these on eBay and a lot of people say they came from Taobao, which casts a lot doubt on authenticity because it is a site that sells knockoffs and bootlegs from China.

I doubt Hasbro would be so un-protective of their prototypes, especially since the blue-haired Celestia is definitely one of many that I have seen be sold- at least a good 1/2 dozen

Is there some sort of certificate or guarantee that these are the real prototypes from Hasbro themselves, or were they just bootlegs that have obvious manufacturer errors?

Sort of.
They are all pretty much a grey area. They are not bootlegs.

Prototypes aren't quite the right word but some are production rejects ...like minty with no black around her symbol.. the FS "muffin" which huge eyes and two tone hair.. something that was changed in the production process.

Other mishmashes are pieces or parts Frankensteined together.

Some could be given to employees, stolen from the trash, or worse.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 09:20:05 AM »
Maybe...production experiments? Experimental models? Something like that?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet Daes

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »

Sort of.
They are all pretty much a grey area. They are not bootlegs.

Prototypes aren't quite the right word but some are production rejects ...like minty with no black around her symbol.. the FS "muffin" which huge eyes and two tone hair.. something that was changed in the production process.

Other mishmashes are pieces or parts Frankensteined together.

Some could be given to employees, stolen from the trash, or worse.

Oh, dear... That brings on more questions, I'm afraid  ^^;

Is this just based on speculation or is there a trustworthy source, such as a worker of the company or official comment from Hasbro themselves? And then there is the matter of first acquisition- did they come from a reputable source? Taobao is just a dealer, so I can't rely on that as being the end-all.

I mean, according to this, calling them prototypes would be a misrepresentation of what these ponies really are. Prototypes are the first draft, any subsequent drafts, but are not mass produced because it's an unfinished or unapproved design of the final version. There are a lot of G4s of this nature that can be made just by switching heads, switching tails or rubbing off paint with acetone. That doesn't make them "rare", especially if they are in a sealed plastic bag. I bought a Princess Rainbow Dash bootleg from eBay that arrived in the same clear sealed poly bag and had some stamps on her feet, but we all know that Hasbro hasn't released anything like that into their MLP toy line.

I've never seen pictures of the bottoms of their feet in contrast to the real deal, and if there are mould differences between these that are true to official Hasbro or if it's an indication that they have been reverse-engineered by a different company other than the manufacturer for Hasbro. If the appropriate stamps are not there that would be one of the bigger signs that the majority these are more or less a hoax and a lot of people have been had... :blush:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
Maybe...production experiments? Experimental models? Something like that?

I feel like maybe there was a discussion on to call them... But I don't think anything came to be.

I just generally consider them taobao ponies since that's where they came from..

And since some are Frankensteins with leftovers.. eh!! That gives it another dynamic then just the ones that were tweaked before final production.

@Sweet Daes
No reputable source. It's a grey area on how they got to the factory to taobao.

TBH there's some stories on how it happens, not necessarily with MLP but in general. Some of it's shady and it made me stop buying from.taobao *shrug*
SOME are pre production ponies before final design. Some aren't.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:30:37 AM by banditpony »

Offline Sweet Daes

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
@Sweet Daes
No reputable source. It's a grey area on how they got to the factory to taobao.

TBH there's some stories on how it happens, not necessarily with MLP but in general. Some of it's shady and it made me stop buying from.taobao *shrug*
SOME are pre production ponies before final design. Some aren't.

If no one knows for sure then how are we to assume that these are authentic? I suppose it would be nice to have because they look like they would belong in the G4 line, but that doesn't mean they have ever had Hasbro's approval to be produced, even as tests.

Has anyone inspected these ponies to sniff out authenticity? I can't find any resources on it.

That said, I could 100% see these as limited collectables, possibly rare collectibles, with the information that I have seen thus far. Though, I could not call them monetarily valuable because there is no reputable source about these being manufactured purposefully to be different from the offcial toy line to artificially inflate the value by a different company outside of Hasbro's control.

For that alone, I couldn't see myself purchasing any of these Taobao ponies over $15-$25 USD individually because they would be cool to have, but not because it's a rare Hasbro find.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:58:10 AM by Sweet Daes »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »
I'm trying to not derail this thread.

The ponies listed here are from the same source as Hasbro ponies. They are not Hasbro authentic, as they weren't released as is. But they aren't bootlegs.

A lot of them have the same numbers printed on the bottom like the official releases. I feel like another thread could be opened if you wanna compare feet..I have a muffin with big eyes. there's also really old topics if you wanna search back a few years. Like this post : http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,344753.msg1016315.html#msg1016315

There's more too.. but as I said. Not trying to detail. But these aren't bootlegs.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 11:29:59 AM by banditpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal