collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Insanity Workout: I WILL BE THIN!!!  (Read 2214 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity Workout: I WILL BE THIN!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
Either way I think we'll both be happy if some weight is lost and like I put in my first post, just being able to DO more for longer, ya kno?

Bolded- yes! and that's the best perk by far! Clothes shopping and compliments are nice, but nothing beats the feeling that you have some control in your life and being able to run and play, or do anything else without being exhausted after. :)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 09:49:23 AM »
First of all, congrats ! Keep it up ! :)

This reminds me of how much I want to do tai chi but can't afford it right now. Boo :(

Lunar Apple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »
:cry: Lunar Apple: I can't imagine having to go through that every day, My exscuse of being too fat doesn't really hold up against Fibromyalgia! I think being positively motivated helps with any illness where medicine fails us. Now you're inspiring me!

Thanks everyone!

:grouphug:

Aw! Pish posh. <3
Everyone has their own problems.
I wasn't always relatively thin. x..x'
I had to learn a lot about eating healthy when I was a teen.
In fact, I got bullied a lot about my weight.
I'm glad I inspired you though. <3 ^___^

First of all, congrats ! Keep it up ! :)

This reminds me of how much I want to do tai chi but can't afford it right now. Boo :(

I really want to learn Tai Chi as well. My doctor actually told me I should. I think I'm going to try learning via videos like on youtube. They have an obscene amount of videos about fitness.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:22:43 PM by Lunar Apple »

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:17 AM »
i do gym, swimming and running but i mix them up a lot. just started zumba too and i'm joining yoga next week :) i just still have 10lbs to lose that is being really stubborn.
but this insanity workout sounds good, i just feel unsure. if you get to your ideal weight, do you have to keep doing it to stay the same weight? to me it seems like dieting, you do it and lose the weight but as soon as you stop you put it all back on because it's so extreme. surely doing it gradually with exercise you can easily do your whole life is better? idk i might have missed something but it didn't seem to say anything about long-term fitness.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 03:38:06 AM »
I do agree with you Duckie, if all you do is one extreme exercise thing and then quit all exercise it won't help. But there are two other things that I think are important here - firstly, I think a kick start with exercise can be good for weight loss and self esteem etc. You can't keep up insanity forever, but maybe it will be the push that's needed.

And secondly, I'm sure doing it will result in some weight loss. Then I think that is beneficial for continuing to exercise and make changes to your diet, because mentally you feel better and physically probably too.

Then thirdly (even though I said there were only two points!) doing a wide range of exercise, hopefully will mean you'll find something you like. And if you can do something you like, you'll carry on doing it.

I hope that made some sense :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 04:39:23 AM »
I am SO proud of you!

Insanity is incredibly hard, but rewarding. A lot of the guys at my squadron started doing it to loose weight when the Air Force fitness standards changed. Once they got to the weight they wanted, they kept up their fitness by running, swimming, kick boxing, whatever it was that made them happy to do. :) Insanity isn't a long term plan by any means, it's really bad for your joints if you were to do it for years, but it's a great tool to use to get into shape and feel better about yourself.

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:18 AM »
yeah, I think Insanity is about improving your fitness. The wight loss will be secondary. Once I win at fitness, I can go on to something else that I simply can;t do at the moment, like jogging regularly or climbing .... or WHATEVER. That's the plan anyway. It's a fitness thing, with weight loss secondary. At least that's the plan ;) x

It is high impact though. Painful :(

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 05:01:52 AM »
Yeah I've put a lot of weight on in the last few years, and I've gotten really unfit. I've just started walking/jogging twice a week, and I'm going to start Zumba, too. I'm trying to start slowly and do more each week as my fitness level improves. I've never heard of insanity, but if it's that crazy, I'd probably die.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
I do agree with you Duckie, if all you do is one extreme exercise thing and then quit all exercise it won't help. But there are two other things that I think are important here - firstly, I think a kick start with exercise can be good for weight loss and self esteem etc. You can't keep up insanity forever, but maybe it will be the push that's needed.

And secondly, I'm sure doing it will result in some weight loss. Then I think that is beneficial for continuing to exercise and make changes to your diet, because mentally you feel better and physically probably too.

Then thirdly (even though I said there were only two points!) doing a wide range of exercise, hopefully will mean you'll find something you like. And if you can do something you like, you'll carry on doing it.

I hope that made some sense :)

those are good points :) swimming was my initial boost exercise and i lost a stone, but as i discovered doing the same thing you will reach a "weight plateau" as i call it
sounds like it's a good thing to kickstart you into exercise, get you motivated and lose weight. just as long as you do other things as well once the weight has come off!

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
Week 3 now. I have lost nearly half a stone (6 pounds) but then my weight does sometimes fluctuate. My muscles definitely feel like they're strengthening. I feel like even though I still stop often (I wear a heart rate thingy and when I see it get too high I stop and rest) (also sometimes I simply CAN'T no matter how much I try :silly: ) I'm still improving all the time. Some of the workouts are much harder for me, as my arms are very very weak, and any involving push-ups are a real struggle.

Very important point: I bought proper running trainers, and a sports bra!  Because a lot of Insanity looks like this --->  :yippee: and... ya kno.....

:lmao:

I also realised I can keep my glasses on when I do it. Seeing helps me not be as dizzy. *looks for the facepalm smiley* *facepalms*

;)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »
If you need some support an a reward of ponies come here:) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327334.0.html

Its the Healthy Pony ReNew Edition:) You get points for doing what you are doing now but have a chance to win a pony:) hehehehe

Keep it up. I have the P90X stuff and I suck at keeping it off or even put that stupid DVD in:P hehehe
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
I am happy to see that your still going at it :) It takes time but it will get better :) I was in ballet most of my life and stopped when I was 18. I did nothing till about 4 weeks ago. I felt horrible all the time, I needed to so something so I did. I joined Zumba and do it two times a week!  :)

Feels good to get your body moving! :)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
the most full proof diet is the gerson therapy, It cures cancer. Its a all natural diet me and my dad started doing it because we have RA. Its mostly juicing. But we felt improvement within just 3 days. I am not over wight but I am unhealthy.
You really should look it up. It will give you the energy you need to work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4rbAuF2nI
:accomplished:

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
the most full proof diet is the gerson therapy, It cures cancer. Its a all natural diet me and my dad started doing it because we have RA. Its mostly juicing. But we felt improvement within just 3 days. I am not over wight but I am unhealthy.
You really should look it up. It will give you the energy you need to work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4rbAuF2nI

While I appreciate the positive input, thank you, and of course an increase in healthy food consumption is always good, one simple Google search has suggested that the diet you recommended is not for me. I have already started making smoothies from vegetables, fruits and juices and already watch my salt intake based on the government recommendations and information available on non-profitable fitness websites. Good luck to you and your father. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/treatment/complementary-alternative/therapies/gerson-therapy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal