collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Insanity Workout: I WILL BE THIN!!!  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity Workout: I WILL BE THIN!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
You brave soul! My friend has it and I tried it out and I almost passed out after doing it :shocked: I fell on the couch and started to black out, not fun! :P Hoping for the best for you, hope you do great :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
I tried it out and I almost passed out after doing it :shocked: I fell on the couch and started to black out, not fun!

Yeah this was me after the first fit test! But I have some friends who are very healthy and very into extreme sports/ mma who have given me tons of advice so now I know how to do it and not push too far.

Thanks for all the encouragement! :frolic:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
I dont think I could safely do th insanity workout or the b*tch's workout from The biggest loser. My resting heatrate is pretty high at about 112 beats per minute. I am afraid of what would happen if I tried either of those regimens.

This is more my speed
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:49:40 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 02:04:44 AM »
I always wanted to try the insanity workout!....it does look hard but...the harder the workout the better I feel when I am done!.......your body will get used to it.....I am not super skinny although I work out a ton....lol....I have a lot of muscle...I walk/run 55min a day, sit ups and I lifts weights and use my total gym....that works great for toning if you have never used one before......the way I exercise I get frustrated sometimes because I really do not get smaller...I gain a ton of muscle,,,,,especially in my legs....errr....no matter what I do I seem to look stout.....lol.....but keep up the hard work, eat a lot of muti-grains, veggies, some fruit and lots of water...and if you like green tea..that helps a ton!=).....good luck! :frolic:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »
It great you're trying to get healthy for your daughter.  :) Good luck.

Just please be careful about not pushing yourself too far using this method, as you can do serious permanent damage to your muscles and tendons etc.

Also, exercising until you almost black out is not a healthy way to get fit.   :huh:

I opt for a gentle off-road jog with my dogs, and of course reducing salt, fat and sugar in my diet.  ;)

**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 04:05:12 AM »
It's wonderful you made it to day 8!  That's so awesome!

You're braver than I am, starting with Insanity.  I have P90X here all waiting to go for June.  Then I'll join you!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:40 AM »
Great job! Insanity is so hard! Haha the SO has been using it and I've done it with him a couple times. It definitely takes will pose to get through the workouts. By the end I wanted to keep going but my body was just too worn out to do the exercises properly :( I wish you the best of luck on your journey! And remember to increase your calorie intake in the later weeks to keep up with the workouts! :heart:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »
I'd love to try it, but just don't have the extra funds to buy it.

I recently had to go through a "health-risk assessment." Waiting on the bloodwork, but I have an amazing 25% body fat, yuck. I walk 3 days a week for 40 mins, run 2 days for about 25-30 mins... I'm too lazy, it's not enough to really lose any weight and is frustrating.

Best of luck!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
You can do it!  I decided to get rid of my extra weight this year, and while I'm not doing Insanity, you have another weight loser rooting for you.  Five years ago I lost 120 lbs through diet and exercise - if I can do it, anyone can!

Just remember to have your healthy goal in place and don't give in to the urge to set an unrealistic goal.  Health should be the top priority and not all of us need to be rail thin to be healthy!  :hug: Do what feels good for you!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
Good luck! Not too sure what it is (the internet mostly doesn't tell you a lot, I assume because they want you to buy the DVDs) but any exercise is better than no exercise. Hopefully doing it you will find something you enjoy, and then when you finish you'll have stuff to do afterwards. Its good to do some really rigorous exercise to kick start weight loss, but you need to also make sure you can find some routine things to do when it's over :)

I do a lot of weights at the gym, and the combination of that and cutting down on carbs has really got me in shape over the past year or so. Since I started I've lost around a stone and feel a lot better in general. I wasn't big to begin with, but I was carrying some extra weight (clearly!). Anyway, I found something I really enjoy doing, which means exercise isn't a chore, so I hope you can do the same.

Good luck!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
Thanks, I looked it up. Just be careful and take it a little easy in the beginning and give your body a chance to repair itself between workouts. It can be easy to injure yourself if you're not accustomed to such strenuous cardio. :)

I do a lot of weights at the gym, and the combination of that and cutting down on carbs has really got me in shape over the past year or so. Since I started I've lost around a stone and feel a lot better in general. I wasn't big to begin with, but I was carrying some extra weight (clearly!). Anyway, I found something I really enjoy doing, which means exercise isn't a chore, so I hope you can do the same.

You're like me then. I didn't have a whole lot to lose, but I was surprised how much fat came off me and how lean I got. Cutting most carbs (removed- refined starch, grains, sugars) made being active effortless for me. I get energy I "have to burn" so now I'm always off doing something, I tore up a deck last weekend! People say I'm like a kid I'm so bouncy and playful now. Ditching even trace amounts of wheat killed my arthritis dead in it's tracks and overall I have a lot more energy, well being and mood improved etc etc.

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
I like all the programs that have that combination of plyometrics and body weight work, so I'm a fan.

My OH basically decided he wanted to lose weight, and not to be outdone by all the fit guys at work who lift etc, he decided to really go for it and do Insanity. Of course, he's trying to force as many people to do it with him as possible and I got dragged along.!

I'd give one warning on that - the kind of fitness that you develop doing this kind of cardio is actually really different from what you get doing a strength (or bodybuilding) type lifting routine.  If you're starting at a fairly unfit level you'll get stronger, and if you're overweight you'll probably loose, but if he's comparing himself to lifters, he might not be happy with the end results, just because its a different kind of fitness.

Blog

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Insanity Workout: I WILL BE THIN!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »
You're like me then. I didn't have a whole lot to lose, but I was surprised how much fat came off me and how lean I got. Cutting most carbs (removed- refined starch, grains, sugars) made being active effortless for me. I get energy I "have to burn" so now I'm always off doing something, I tore up a deck last weekend! People say I'm like a kid I'm so bouncy and playful now. Ditching even trace amounts of wheat killed my arthritis dead in it's tracks and overall I have a lot more energy, well being and mood improved etc etc.

Oh yeah I really appreciated the difference when I did lose the weight. What kinds of things do you do, training wise? That's awesome about the arthritis too!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 03:15:37 PM »
 :lookround: formal- I've been lazy this last year. at least a few times a month at the moment. I bought a "slow burn" book off the trainer who created the program (he was a super nice guy) and use the poor mans gym options for cheapskates like me in the book -uses mats, furniture, doors as "equipment". Works well still. I also have an adjustable weight I use, heavy weights slowly..... I've been pretty busy with renos though which is almost like a workout in itself considering the condition this house was in. Scrubbing, sanding, painting, scraping up flooring, hours chipping off 40yo wallpaper out of rooms, carrying in new stuff and all the installation. We have a few more big projects until we're "done" and my excuse of not having the time to slow burn 3x a week properly is gone. :P Mostly it was the eating better that took off the extra weight, and allowed my hands, knees and hips to heal and the exercise has made me much stronger, and did further change how clothes fit though which I love. Once I stop splurging on ponies and things for the house I may save up for a proper gym, I really do enjoy weights, they're quite calming and relaxing.

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »

I'd give one warning on that - the kind of fitness that you develop doing this kind of cardio is actually really different from what you get doing a strength (or bodybuilding) type lifting routine.  If you're starting at a fairly unfit level you'll get stronger, and if you're overweight you'll probably loose, but if he's comparing himself to lifters, he might not be happy with the end results, just because its a different kind of fitness.

Yeah I think he gets it.... (but in his mind he's probably going to lose 4 stone in the first 60 days and then stroll right into lifting with the guys at work (we work together) haha!)

Either way I think we'll both be happy if some weight is lost and like I put in my first post, just being able to DO more for longer, ya kno?

So happy there are peeps also on a fitness journey with me! And thanks to all for kind words x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal