collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 36055 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #585 on: June 04, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
I just saw one (MH Cupid) at TRU about a week ago- I think they are still be sold.  I recall that there were a million on amazon at some point but they seem to have hiked in price since that time.

I really hope the Ever After doll has actual feathered wings- but I am preparing myself for plastic.

I actually always thought that the daughter of Cupid would be a monster with bone wings-  I mean, why bones exactly?  Cupid certainly doesn't have bone wings. Who exactly was her mother ?

They gave her some more backstory. Apparently, she was left on Cupid's doorstep as a baby and he adopted her. One of the characters (Ghoulia, I believe) thinks she might be a Bone Elemental.  I am curious to see how she fits into EAH; will she actually come from the MH "dimension" and just be given a new look because of the world she inhabits? Or will her backstory change and be presented as a new character in the EAH storyline?

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Oooh- that ladybug spider chick is interesting! Wish I could see her better-

I was just noticing that the dress that Daughter of Goldilocks is wearing- looks a LOT like one of those Lolita prints by Angelic Pretty or one of those designers-  compare
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 or http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/r/dream-of-lolita-sugary-carnival-jsk-dress-blue-3-dl-219.jpg to visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Totally looks like something that Baby the stars shines bright would design. A lot of the fashion seems to draw some inspiration from lolita  :happy: :lovey:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 04, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
I totally missed that Cupid has long hair! I can't wait to see her doll especially if it is different from the MH version.

I am so very excited for that! She looks just gorgeous! I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer this look over her MH look! :)

The only thing I don't like about the new Cupid is that her hands and arms are totally white and definitely missing the cool designs the MH version has.
But I do love that she was given a toga-like sash that goes over her dress. After all she's from Mount Olympus ;)
Can't wait to see better pics of her!

Rockwella

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #588 on: June 04, 2013, 11:19:55 AM »
I love variations of almost any doll so I am looking forward to Cupid's new look reveal  ^.^

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »
I like long hair on the dolls because there's more to style and play with. I never got a MH Cupid so if I like the EAH Cupid she will be first on my list to get.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 04, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »
I like long hair on the dolls because there's more to style and play with. I never got a MH Cupid so if I like the EAH Cupid she will be first on my list to get.

I don't mind the long hair, either.
When not glued into place MH Cupid's isn't what I would call "short" anyways.

Also, it occurred to me that the girls aren't just all same-face, they also follow a certain dress code (or should we call it "design code")?
They all have long hair, a ring and a bracelet with matching earrings and all of them have something on their head; be it a hat, crown or barrette.
EAH Cupid seems to have one with a heart and arrow ^^

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2013, 12:17:31 PM »
I've actually been looking at the artwork, and they don't all have exaaactly the same face in it. Apple's got a round ball face, but the rest have more shape, with Briar's being the thinnest/heart shaped with a definitely defined chin. So, I'm a bit more hopeful they'll all have their own faces. And maybe skin tone, since they're different shades of white girl too.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:37 PM »
since they're different shades of white girl too.

:lmao:

I really hope we see a different face mold from the protos, which is thnakfully pretty likely. Mattel has a history of using stand in body parts for display models. Ie. Scarah with frankie's head at SDCC

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 04, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

I really hope we see a different face mold from the protos, which is thnakfully pretty likely. Mattel has a history of using stand in body parts for display models. Ie. Scarah with frankie's head at SDCC

I don't want to sound rude, Doom, but they have all shades of white covered in that line o,o
Pale, tanned, mediterranean type, redhead, etc.
Needs more diversity beyond "different white girls" ;)

I sooo hope they'll have different face molds.
Someone pointed out that the prototypes looked a lot like Lala!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 04, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »

I don't want to sound rude, Doom, but they have all shades of white covered in that line o,o
Pale, tanned, mediterranean type, redhead, etc.
Needs more diversity beyond "different white girls" ;)

I sooo hope they'll have different face molds.
Someone pointed out that the prototypes looked a lot like Lala!

I think she meant that in the art, the characters have different shades of white skin; so she hopes that this will be reflected in the dolls as well, instead of just eye/hair color making them unique from each other.

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 04, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
While I figure Briar is a POC, I hear you about representation. Briar is Ambiguously Brown, and Cedar is dark-skinned but is literally made of wood. If Briar isn't intended to be POC, the only POC that isn't a background character isn't even human.

/sj rant

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 04, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
While I figure Briar is a POC, I hear you about representation. Briar is Ambiguously Brown, and Cedar is dark-skinned but is literally made of wood. If Briar isn't intended to be POC, the only POC that isn't a background character isn't even human.

/sj rant

I think "ambiguosly brown" nails it.
I simply assumed Cedar was supposed to look stereotypically Italian with the wood aspect only being a minor feature on her limbs.

Oh, and that just occurred to me: what if they'd introduce original "Aladdin" and the princess from hist story later on? Have them be Chinese. That would be so cool!

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #597 on: June 04, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
Oh I know, and in part added that shades of white girl to reflect that. Briar is tanned? But still very clearly Caucasian. And I agree with all the frustrations about that too- I'm a good, pale and freckled Irish girl, and my mom always hunted down redheaded barbies for me when I was a child because I wanted dolls that looked like me. It irks me a lot that Mattel isn't making characters that reflect the myriad colors people and girls come in- we all get blonde girls are pretty, but so is everyone else.

What I am hoping they do is something similar to the werewolf siblings, where each of them is a different color even though they're all brown wolves, as opposed to Barbie and all her friends being the same shade of white.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 04, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »
i feel like Cerise is supposed to be of asiatic descent but it doesn't come across very well

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 04, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
I actually always thought that the daughter of Cupid would be a monster with bone wings-  I mean, why bones exactly?  Cupid certainly doesn't have bone wings. Who exactly was her mother ?

Her wings are ribcage bones, and she deals with matters of the heart. The heart is located within the ribcage.

At least, that's how I always thought of it. I thought it was clever, in any case.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal