collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun Ponies Coming!  (Read 2039 times)

Offline systemcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Basic Fun Ponies Coming!
« on: August 15, 2023, 05:35:20 PM »
I hate to say this since it feels like blasphemy to MLP collecting but I like the current stuff coming out from Basic Fun more than Hasbro is doing with G5. The Hasbro stuff currently ... feels a little cheap.

Yesterday I ordered the new Glory plush, Celestial Aurora, and the Escape from Midnight Castle set. Sadly, I'm not getting these guys for about four weeks. What are your thoughts on these ponies?

Also, back to my earlier comment about current Hasbro VS. Basic Fun. I feel the Escape from Midnight Castle set are about on the same level as Happy Meal toys but for some reason that doesn't bother me about them.  ^.^

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun Ponies Coming!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 06:26:13 PM »
I hate to say this since it feels like blasphemy to MLP collecting but I like the current stuff coming out from Basic Fun more than Hasbro is doing with G5. The Hasbro stuff currently ... feels a little cheap.

Yesterday I ordered the new Glory plush, Celestial Aurora, and the Escape from Midnight Castle set. Sadly, I'm not getting these guys for about four weeks. What are your thoughts on these ponies?

Also, back to my earlier comment about current Hasbro VS. Basic Fun. I feel the Escape from Midnight Castle set are about on the same level as Happy Meal toys but for some reason that doesn't bother me about them.  ^.^

That's really not blasphemous since BF is using better materials and isn't afraid to make different ponies instead of just recycling the same 5 ad nauseum. That's more like saying you enjoy an authentic Italian restaurant over chef boyardee.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline systemcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 08:16:43 PM »
Ha ha, well said.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »
I just love the box art on this set!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »
I can't judge the plushies, but the Ponies are lovely!!! I have all four Celestials, some individuals in boxes, & some white Ponies I bought to customise & support BF.
I also now have the Rescue At Midnight Castle set & they're cute!!! Just like McD's Ponies with their moulded manes, brushable tails, & small size. I love them & am more excited about the blind box Ponies now too!!!
On the McD's comparison, it's legit, especially if you think about McD's G3 Ponies. They were cute, nicely made, & a worthy addition to a collection!!! They're among my faves to Customise too!!!
You'll love yours when you get them!!! Don't forget to add pics!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:00:42 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2023, 01:16:49 PM »
The Celestial ponies are the bomb imho :heart:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 06:49:28 PM »
The G5 line (in addition to G5 itself suffering from Hasbro not letting it be its own universe) also seems to suffer from being My Little Vaporware half the time.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal