collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........  (Read 4983 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
that sucks!....
aaannnd I'm pretty sure that's the one that just got listed on ebay with a BIN of 600, 2 bids, and 9 days left. :/

Yep that's her!.....makes me mad mostly because she said she was so important to her and was a childhood favorite... Then why put her on eBay.....keep her :(..... O well I still scored almost 40 from her today...but of course all the ones she thought might be worth more are the ones she kept......sigh

Thanx for all the support.....yes got my hopes up and then took away!....but I am still happy I got more then half of them.

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »
that sucks!....
aaannnd I'm pretty sure that's the one that just got listed on ebay with a BIN of 600, 2 bids, and 9 days left. :/

Yep that's her!.....makes me mad mostly because she said she was so important to her and was a childhood favorite... Then why put her on eBay.....keep her :(..... O well I still scored almost 40 from her today...but of course all the ones she thought might be worth more are the ones she kept......sigh

Thanx for all the support.....yes got my hopes up and then took away!....but I am still happy I got more then half of them.
What a person. Maybe she only wants the money or something. But don't give up. Maybe the pony gods will someday smile on you  :lovey:
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
Don't give up yet! I got lucky last year and bin'ed two repunzels on ebay, one for $20 the other $70.
That's insane!!!!!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:11 AM »
The lie annoys me. I don't see why she wouldn't give you the opportunity to buy it (even if it's at a higher price. Which I think is fine-- why should she just give it away).

I would of been mean and called her out on it in person...... or not. DX I'm not confrontational, lol.

If you keep looking you'll find a Rapunzel again!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 07:18:44 AM »
Yeah that's pretty much it...she didn't even try to see what I might pay...just poof put it up on eBay....:(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »
*pony hugs*  I despise sellers who taunt. 
If you have it in the sales photo in the lot, you don't get to pull just that one out and list it on Ebay...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
I actually have no problem with someone doing their research and getting a fair value. I know I would kick myself if I sold something undervalue because I had not taken the time to find something out. And as a newbie collector I did undersell. Fibbing is not nice...but not many people could skip the allure of $600+ or keep a childhood toy I guess.

Sounds like you got a good selection from her anyway so you certainly did not miss out too badly. I am sure you will find a Rapunzel one day.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Beckie-Ann

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
that sucks!....

I saw that one on eBay and knew it was yours. Not fair at all. :(

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 05:23:50 PM »
I think it's fair that she did her research and decided for that amt of money it didn't mean that much to her to keep it. I actually think it's kind of unfair to try so hard to get it from someone for nothing when it's worth so much, but I seem to be alone in the idea. :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »
I think it's fair that she did her research and decided for that amt of money it didn't mean that much to her to keep it. I actually think it's kind of unfair to try so hard to get it from someone for nothing when it's worth so much, but I seem to be alone in the idea. :)

you would have had to been in my shoes.....she told me I could buy them from her...and then all of a sudden she started acting weird and then after I was like yeah I will buy for sure then suddenly she kept taking ponies away...for the record I offered her $200 right away for rapunzel....I mean thats a great price considering it was on a facebook garage sale page, and she needs a lot of hair work...... plus more for the others.........totally would have to be here to understand completely...... after I offered her the $200 she said well don't worry you are not out yet,,,.......all she had to do was not give me the choice, just don't photograph them....and I have no problem with people doing research but she got kinda flaky about the whole thing....and wanted a ton for the others....but some because of hair cuts and whatnot were not worth her ebay research price, and I told her I am being completely honest.....I told her all their names right out of the bag =)...all I was upset about is that she just listed her and didn't even try to barter with me or anything....I might have offered more....I also helped her out because she was going to sell her too cheap...I told her to ask for more after she had listed her...I didn't say $600 granted...LOL.....and I am not really that upset or mad just annoyed....I guess it reminds me of those people, from  high school and whatnot...when they tell you they will bring ponies for you to buy and keep leading you on and on and then just ignore you....it has happened so much that I was venting.....but no biggie I am happy with getting any.........and never tried to force her into anything....=)

and I do appreciate all and any input or advice  ^.^
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:06:45 PM by wizzer218 »

Offline QueenStarglow

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »
You aren't alone. I've been lurking in this thread to see what happens. I completely agree with you.

$200 is a low ball offer and the seller was smart to do her research and try to get what the pony is worth. If a seller actually does the research, then they deserve to get what the item is worth.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:48:54 PM by QueenStarglow »

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 06:58:40 PM »

you would have had to been in my shoes.....she told me I could buy them from her...and then all of a sudden she started acting weird and then after I was like yeah I will buy for sure then suddenly she kept taking ponies away...for the record I offered her $200 right away for rapunzel....I mean thats a great price considering it was on a facebook garage sale page, and she needs a lot of hair work...... plus more for the others.........totally would have to be here to understand completely...... after I offered her the $200 she said well don't worry you are not out yet,,,.......all she had to do was not give me the choice, just don't photograph them....and I have no problem with people doing research but she got kinda flaky about the whole thing....and wanted a ton for the others....but some because of hair cuts and whatnot were not worth her ebay research price, and I told her I am being completely honest.....I told her all their names right out of the bag =)...all I was upset about is that she just listed her and didn't even try to barter with me or anything....I might have offered more....I also helped her out because she was going to sell her too cheap...I told her to ask for more after she had listed her...I didn't say $600 granted...LOL.....and I am not really that upset or mad just annoyed....I guess it reminds me of those people, from  high school and whatnot...when they tell you they will bring ponies for you to buy and keep leading you on and on and then just ignore you....it has happened so much that I was venting.....but no biggie I am happy with getting any.........and never tried to force her into anything....=)

and I do appreciate all and any input or advice  ^.^

Well that's good you offered $200 at least! Honestly that may be why she was like wait a minute, I better check this out. Which is a crappy situation. You were more honest than just pretending they were all old toys not worth much which I assume a lot of people would be okay with doing. Like yeah I'll give you $100 for everything! (or whatever, I have no idea how big the lot was, can't remember if you said or not).

I think even if something does mean a lot to you, $600 is a lot to pass up! Most of us here could use that kind of money. 6 nice MOCs. :drool:

You aren't alone. I've been lurking in this thread to see what happens. I completely agree with you.

$200 is a low ball offer and the seller was smart to do her research and try to get what the pony is worth. If a seller actually does the research, then they deserve to get what the item is worth.

We're Tumblr friends for a reason then. ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:01:27 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »
I don't see any reason why the seller should feel any obligation to keep any of the ponies. I also see no sensible reason for the presented subterfuge. Good communication is one of the most basic principles of good business, after all. The seller had every right to do research (though it's a bit flaky / annoying that it wasn't done -first-. But if the seller does not have a working knowledge of MLP value there are reasons that could account for that.) and to get a satisfactory price for the items in her possession. It's just very unfortunate that she got Wizzer's hopes up before having all the valid information needed to truly commit to the sale.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »
I don't see any reason why the seller should feel any obligation to keep any of the ponies. I also see no sensible reason for the presented subterfuge. Good communication is one of the most basic principles of good business, after all. The seller had every right to do research (though it's a bit flaky / annoying that it wasn't done -first-. But if the seller does not have a working knowledge of MLP value there are reasons that could account for that.) and to get a satisfactory price for the items in her possession. It's just very unfortunate that she got Wizzer's hopes up before having all the valid information needed to truly commit to the sale.

Exactly :).....like I said I am over it and am happy with what I got ;)

Offline Beckie-Ann

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 07:21:47 AM »
My most recent haul was similar, but she had had a prior knowledge that was several years outdated. I explain, I buy large lots locally to save shipping and sell/trade doubles. I did make an offer for the lot, and had to tack on an extra amount to get Mimic included (she had her brush, backcard and ribbon, I couldn't walk away without her). I would have been bummed if she decided to "keep her" and ebayed her instead, though. I'm glad you at least got some ponies, but the sad fact is that she didn't even give you a chance to counteroffer. In my experience, most people would say, "I've seen her reach up to $600 on ebay, would you be willing to purchase her for that?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal