collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are sparkle ponies immune to cancer?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Re: are sparkle ponies immune to cancer?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
Don't they get sticky sometimes though?

I thought it was only the G3 sparkle ponies that get sticky over time, though I could be mistaken.

I examined my Twinkler yesterday and feel like even if she did have have age spots, pindot or other mould invading the plastic, it would be really hard to tell!

I think I remember running into Napper in a pony lot and she was sticky :( I haven't got my hands on a lot of Sparkle ponies, but it made me wonder. I also know that G2 Hip Holly and Queen SunSparkle have the tendency to get sticky over time. Mine G2's have none of that, but some collectors had complained about it. I guess each plastic has their own way of derogating through time :(

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
Sticky?! Really?!  Gah. I never thought pony plastic was the kind of plastic that deteriorates in that manner.  That shouldn't happen.  Not to toys released as collectibles - which includes every mlp pony released.
Pony cancer is bad enough.

Also the black light comment was interesting.
Pony cancer glows under uv light?  That's part of pony plastic breakdown?  Fascinating.

But MLP were never released with the intention of being collectibles. The were and are first and foremost toys. I am sure if you told Hasbro 30 years ago these ponies would still be around and in "collectors" hands they would have scoffed a little and then told you they could not promise the toys would last that long. :)

Very true stinkycat I know that I played with my ponies in the early 1990's they were definitely marketed as toys for over 3's and I got my first pony at age 5....she was definitely well played with and yet I still have her!
If hasbro knew the 'collectability' of the g1 I'm sure that the price would of been higher lol ;)

When I say COLLECTIBLE I'm thinking more along the lines of *Pokemon - Gotta Catch Em All*.

Not *collectible* per se, but many types/variations of the toy are released, and kids (or rather their parents) need to buy the next new ponies.

"Look mum!  The new Happy Tails ponies!!!"
"Wow!!  Look at those Sparkle ponies!"
"Can I buy unicorn Fizzy?  She's a Twinkle Eye pony just like in the movie!"

They are ALL collecting type toys.

True, people can collect any toy, but buying the Toy Story toys is different from buying the endless variations of Barbie.

Now, if only I could make myself realise that I DON'T need every pony I see...... Hmm... excuse me, any parents here..?  How do you deal with your children when they NEEEEEEED something?    :blush: :P ;)

I think every person here knows what I mean, right?  :blush: ;)

haha I neeeeeed ponies lol there's always 1 more I find and go ... I have to have it !!!
50+ ponies later I still find ones I need lol I've now got about 300 or maybe more g1 mlp. I've just ordered my first g4 pinkie pie sparkle pony. Even though I promised I would only stick to the g1s!! Those eyes how could I say no lol.
I just hope she looks as good as the g1 sparkles in 30 years time :)
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
Sticky?! Really?!  Gah. I never thought pony plastic was the kind of plastic that deteriorates in that manner.  That shouldn't happen.  Not to toys released as collectibles - which includes every mlp pony released.

Pony cancer glows under uv light?  That's part of pony plastic breakdown?  Fascinating.

But MLP were never released with the intention of being collectibles. The were and are first and foremost toys. I am sure if you told Hasbro 30 years ago these ponies would still be around and in "collectors" hands they would have scoffed a little and then told you they could not promise the toys would last that long. :)

Very true stinkycat I know that I played with my ponies in the early 1990's they were definitely marketed as toys for over 3's and I got my first pony at age 5....she was definitely well played with and yet I still have her!
If hasbro knew the 'collectability' of the g1 I'm sure that the price would of been higher lol ;)

When I say COLLECTIBLE I'm thinking more along the lines of *Pokemon - Gotta Catch Em All*.

Not *collectible* per se, but many types/variations of the toy are released, and kids (or rather their parents) need to buy the next new ponies.

True, people can collect any toy, but buying the Toy Story toys is different from buying the endless variations of Barbie.

Now, if only I could make myself realise that I DON'T need every pony I see...... Hmm... excuse me, any parents here..?  How do you deal with your children when they NEEEEEEED something?    :blush: :P ;)

haha I neeeeeed ponies lol there's always 1 more I find and go ... I have to have it !!!
50+ ponies later I still find ones I need lol I've now got about 300 or maybe more g1 mlp. I've just ordered my first g4 pinkie pie sparkle pony. Even though I promised I would only stick to the g1s!! Those eyes how could I say no lol.
I doubt she will. Considering some G3's are getting cancer already and their hair is rotting, I doubt that the far worse quality G4's are going to hold up very long.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »

It makes you wonder if Hasbro learned from this and has done something different with the plastic in the G3 and G4 ponies. They definitely are different, but I wonder if they are more long-lasting. I guess we'll find out in 30 years :)

We can hope :) I think it also helps that technology has advanced in staggering leaps and bounds; that translates even into the manufacture of plastic. So the ponies which were made with G3 and now are "advanced" versions of the G1 plastic.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
The black light comment was more of a interesting thing I found out with pony cancer xD I have a G1 Baby Moondancer that I was able to mostly lighten/fade her cancer patches but when I put her under a black light... she looked like a cow! Apparently Cancer and some other pony afflictions may show up better under black light but I have yet to really try it on a lot of ponies. But it's still fun to see them under a whole new light!

That's actually what I've been doing with my ponies; I was going to make a post about my findings but it looks like I don't need to now. :P

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
Perhaps this sparkle ones will be the only ones when we are all in walkers and old and grey
I just wish quackers was not prones to cancer and some of the other te
its such a pitty

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
Perhaps this sparkle ones will be the only ones when we are all in walkers and old and grey
I just wish quackers was not prones to cancer and some of the other te
its such a pitty
I agree :) I had to hunt high and low for a white cancer free quackers I found her in a small te lot eventually for £60 for 4 ponies they were worth it though :)

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »

It makes you wonder if Hasbro learned from this and has done something different with the plastic in the G3 and G4 ponies. They definitely are different, but I wonder if they are more long-lasting. I guess we'll find out in 30 years :)

We can hope :) I think it also helps that technology has advanced in staggering leaps and bounds; that translates even into the manufacture of plastic. So the ponies which were made with G3 and now are "advanced" versions of the G1 plastic.

This is good news! All I can do for my G1's is keep them out of the sun and in a low-humidity room. My G3's should be fine, but they'll get the same treatment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline sherrike

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Fluttershy is my spirit animal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 04:21:14 AM »

Oh, Lindsay. It only gets worse from here. Since rediscovering my love of ponies over the summer, I must have bought at least 300 in the past two months. I also thought I would stick to the G1s, but I now have a sizeable collection of both G3s and G4s, too. It's an addiction.  ^.^

There are also a few G2s and 3.5s in the collection now, but I still think they're ugly, luckily for my wallet.  :biggrin:

ETA: My sparkle ponies also seem to be cancer free, but I certainly haven't put them under a blacklight or anything to be sure.

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »
300 in 2 months wow  :faint:
I brought 6 this week all under £4.00 each.... I found a te locket who was really nice under the grime for 99p Also a moondancer upgrade for £2.99.
I got a manky ss wind whistler too for £1.00 poor thing is desperate for a deflocking :(

Offline sherrike

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
Yeah, it's... I have a problem. 

Most of them are baity, but still... :blush:

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »
awww  :) 
are you going to restore them? i'd love to be able to rehair etc i've just done my first symbol  and eye touch ups. i'm going to try re glittering next  :biggrin:

I just wish there was a way to stop the ponies deteriorating further :( i've just sorted my baity ponies out and hopefully they will be given a new lease on life in USA  :satisfied:

Offline sherrike

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to try restoring some that aren't too bad, and customizing a bunch. I have a couple of sparkle ponies that are in REALLY bad shape. While they might be immune to cancer, they don't seem to be immune to having their legs chewed off!  :lol:

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 12:55:04 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to try restoring some that aren't too bad, and customizing a bunch. I have a couple of sparkle ponies that are in REALLY bad shape. While they might be immune to cancer, they don't seem to be immune to having their legs chewed off!  :lol:
haha true ....I wonder if parents had fed there children more they wouldn't gave nibbled on their ponies lol ;)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 03:48:37 AM »
Everyone that I have had seems to look good. They do seem to bot be to shinny or see threw.  They are not so much see threw. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal