collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*  (Read 6189 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:49:42 PM »
-falls down and rolls on the floor, spins three times, jumps up falls down again and rolls around, twitching-

:drunk:  :drunk:  :drunk:  :drunk:

So, I've been having some SUPER AMAZING PONY LUCK lately ever since I moved an hour away from my hometown and there's no way I would've ever found these amazing treasures had I not relocated but I'm so glad that I did! I didn't even know that "Goodwill Outlet" existed so it was an entirely new experience for me and let me say, it's definitely not for the faint of heart. :yikes:  It's like Black Friday every hour on the hour with all the running, pushing and shoving and grabbing at stuff in oversized plastic bins :lmao:  Totally worth it though since everything is sold by the pound -- .89 cents per pound exactly so if you were to find a ton of smalls like say, PONIES, could you imagine a pound of ponies for under a dollar?! HECK YEAH!!! :happy:

I've had some amazing luck here in the past as I found G1 Dream Castle about a month ago at the same Goodwill Outlet but what I scored today just takes the cake. I still can't believe it really happened because it reminds me of a pony dream I have where I find a really rare valuable pony then I wake up and feel disappointed LOL but this was for reals and I couldn't believe my eyes who was staring up at me from a plastic bin of random junk. It was just too good to be true. :whoa:  I love my thrift store ponies the most (aside from my childhood ones) because I feel like they were rescues and given a second chance at a happy home after being carelessly discarded. The idea of this pretty girl being abandoned and tossed in a bin just breaks my heart. :cloud:  Anything that isn't sold in a regular Goodwill gets shipped to a Goodwill outlet where it's sold by the pound for a cheap price. Anything not sold THERE gets thrown into a huge trash compactor and destroyed. :yikes: 

The very idea of poor ponies being squished just makes me feel awful! I'm SO happy I was able to rescue this lovely girl and save her from that miserably horrible fate! And so very glad that I chose today to go thrift hunting as the inventory varies on the hour every day. The pony gods definitely were looking out for her today and sent me to bring her home! I've wanted this girl a very long time ever since I started re collecting in 2006 but I never thought I'd be able to add her to my collection because of her price. This pic really says it all......   

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I could not believe what I was seeing! :whoa:  I legit gasped aloud and started jumping up and down I was so beyond thrilled and excited. Didn't really care who around me saw hahaha!! :P

And this is an example of how BIG the bins are that shoppers have to dig through... NO IDEA WHY THERE WAS SO MUCH SOAP! :silly:

As you can see, there were a couple other G1s nearby Crumpet and some other vintage 80s toys -- Lil Pretty and A Fairy Tail Bird. I dug underneath ALL that soap and who did I find at the bottom?? None other than MEGAN! I never had a Megan doll as a kid so that was a very nice surprise to find a pony friend. :lovey:

You'd think finding SS Crumpet alone in a random pile of discarded trash would be enough to make my night but IT WASN'T OVER YET! Because earlier in the day, I'd found an upgrade for my Lullabye Nursery! I'd found one last year but the hinges were broken so I could never get it to close properly. Plus, most of the sticker decals inside were faded or completely gone. These stickers are very bright and colorful! :happy:

Here's a pic of the haul minus the other non pony stuff that I ended up getting....  I'm so very pleased with it!

Here's a pic of Crumpet on her ride from Goodwill. She insisted chilling on my dashboard so that she could see all the way to her new home. 

And last but not least, here's the receipt I intend to save to prove what an amazing deal I got on this gorgeous girl! :lovey:  :lovey: :lovey: 

I've had some amazing Goodwill finds in the past but I gotta say, a .19 cent SS Crumpet is gonna be pretty tough to beat!! :silly:  Thanks for sharing in my brag. :happy:

:glitter:  :heart: Welcome home, Crumpet!!! :glitter:  :heart:

I know 2016 has only just begun but I feel like I've used up my pony luck for this year on that find alone and that'd be A-OK by me. It was worth it! :frolic:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:24:58 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:00:10 PM »
Congrats! :) The Goodwill Outlet is certainly an amazing (though occasionally gross) place. Nothing beats paying by the pound for ponies. ;)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
It can be pretty gross and disgusting! I keep forgetting to bring gloves LOL but it is exciting for certain because of the bins being rotated every hour ya never know what you might find and that's what makes it all the more fun hehe
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:19:11 PM »
Oh, wow! How amazing! SS Crumpet is one of my most wanted, but the idea of finding her at a place like Goodwill is totally mind boggling. She was totally meant to be yours. Congrats! :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 09:33:30 PM »
oh my goodness -wow! I've been to that outlet store a lot and have never found a thing - you definitely had the pony gods on your side!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »
Thanks everyone! It makes me cringe to think of a pretty girl like Crumpet being thrown into the trash like that. The scary thing is not long after I found her it was time to rotate bins again and hers was being wheeled away in no time. I'm really glad I was able to save her before that happened! No Division -- I've been having some pretty good pony luck at that particular store but I think it's because I stay a VERY long time since that seems the only way to do it. If I left after an hour or so there's no telling what I would've missed in the next rotation. Plus, it takes so long to sort it seems before I'm even done making my selections it's time for another round and then more sorting again. :lmao:

I never expected to find a pony like Crumpet at Goodwill. To me, it's even better than finding Mimic since I have her already but didn't have Crumpet.  I fell in love with SS Crumpet during my very first Pony Con but the price tag on her alone pretty much put her out of my range indefinitely. She's never leaving my herd now and I won't ever forget the amazing deal I got on her. I'm over the moon right now. :lovey: I just sat in a corner holding her in my lap and staring into space like O.O while my mind tried to wrap around the idea that I just found her in a bin of garbage lol The pony gods definitely sent me to find her and I'm so glad that they did. Makes me shudder to think of her getting squished in a trash compactor had I been too late to rescue her ... eek!  :yikes:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:19:49 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
Wow! I'm so happy for you. That's amazing. Such good condition, too! Congratulations.  :biggrin:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 10:24:35 PM »
That's fantastic! She's such a sweet-looking pony! I've only ever gound G3 and G4 stuff in thrift shops, but I've never gone to the Goodwill Outlet...I always just kind of figured it was like the regular shop, but bigger. I need to stop by one when I have some spending money again! I might bring gloves, though, lol!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 11:16:54 PM »
Congrats!  ^.^

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 03:42:05 AM »
Goodwill outlet? Is that a southern or western thing? I've never heard of it but I wish we had one up here in NH! I have no problem with climbing and scrambling and digging through things since we go to a lot of estate sales as it is. Lucky you with that find, and lucky pony!  :frolic:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »
Wow lucky!

Seems like I never find ponies at Goodwill outlet these days- it has become so competitive!

koteuku

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »
Woahh, congratulations! I'm not really into G1 (well I wasn't till some time ago, now they start to grow and grow so strong on me) so I'm not really sure what's the real Crupmet value, can anybody tell me? Anyway, you defininitely got lucky! I wish there were places like Goodwill or fea markets in my country too! It's amazing you get to rescue all these sweet babies, they definitely deserve all the love! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline CarolSpain

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »
I'm reading and thinking my heart would be not able to resist it.
New bins every hour and I guess that there were more people in the shop....Enemies!  :P

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures, I enjoyed them!
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »
Fantastic!!  I've been to Goodwill Outlet many times, although I've never really been looking for toys.  Come to think of it, I haven't been there since I got back into MLP. 

What a great find!!  :good:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
Poor Crumpet!  I'm so glad you came along in time to rescue her.  She looks like a lovely version too!  Major congrats on snagging her :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal