collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you looking forward to Autumn/Spring?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Are you looking forward to Autumn/Spring?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
Summer is actually my favorite season, so I'm not looking forward to it ending. I get cold very easily, so Winter is lousy for me.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
It;s officially Autumn now here.

I hate autumn. Anyone who loves Autumn really needs more experience of a british November. I also go into mental hibernation when the clocks go back at the end of october. The colours right now are nice and London is warmer in general, but when November comes...brr.

November and January are my two most hated months. If it were crisp and cold, fine, but all the grey , rain and damp is not...nice...

Spring on the other hand, though a long way away, is my favourite season. Though next spring wil take some beating after spending the first half of last spring in Kyoto. And in fact, Japan is colourful even in the Winter...

Summer in the UK is a bit of a running joke, though we get occasional hot patchs we don't get mad long months of heat so I can deal with UK summer, usually. And I prefer it in general to what autumn turns into, even though the leaves in Sept/Oct are pretty.
You have not experienced a North Dakota winter then!  Rated as one of the coldest places in the world, depending on what magazine you ask anyway.  -40 degrees F with wind chill is common, in fact it starts to feel warm when it gets back up above zero, and for some people, anything above freezing is t-shirt weather.

However, especially in earlier years, we could have snow as early as September.  I remember trick-or-treating snow more than once.  The weather varies so much here.  We can have a beautiful Indian summer, a "normal" autumn, or early snow.  January and February seem the coldest. 

I don't hate spring but it is usually really wet here depending on the amount of snow we have.  I don't like fighting the mud, especially with a dog going in and out, and a horse outside in the mud.  And oh how I hate spring shedding!  This includes myself to my animals.

I visited the UK in July of 2006 to find that it was a heat wave there.  It was in the 80s and 90s if I remember correctly, and I remember wishing for ice and air conditioning when I was expecting a little cooler weather compared to Germany, Italy, and even Switzerland.  That's the beauty of different climes though!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »
Autumn just kind of leapt on England full force straight on the end of Summer, no transition period or anything (or at least that's how it's been in my area). It's alright at the minute, cold but not freezing, so I can get my favourite scarves out. Still, the impending Winter feels like kind of an obstacle standing between me and lovely, glorious Springtime. I am not looking forward to the inevitable galeforce winds... D:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
It;s officially Autumn now here.

I hate autumn. Anyone who loves Autumn really needs more experience of a british November. I also go into mental hibernation when the clocks go back at the end of october. The colours right now are nice and London is warmer in general, but when November comes...brr.

November and January are my two most hated months. If it were crisp and cold, fine, but all the grey , rain and damp is not...nice...

Spring on the other hand, though a long way away, is my favourite season. Though next spring wil take some beating after spending the first half of last spring in Kyoto. And in fact, Japan is colourful even in the Winter...

Summer in the UK is a bit of a running joke, though we get occasional hot patchs we don't get mad long months of heat so I can deal with UK summer, usually. And I prefer it in general to what autumn turns into, even though the leaves in Sept/Oct are pretty.

Wanna switch places for a bit Taffeta?  :P Its still shorts weather here.  :cool: I'd seriously welcome rain and cooler weather right about now.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »
I was in England and France last year for Autumn, and I loved it! So pretty with all the fall colours. At home we don't have many plants that turn gradually, they either just drop everything quickly, or they don't change at all! Spring is beautiful here though - Jacarandas. They're like the Australian version of cherry blossoms, it's like purple clouds, and then they fall like a purple blanket over everything. So pretty, I adore them. I'd love to see Japan though, it's on my list!

..That must have been October. Not November! November ruins any sense of autumn spirit for me. Aside bonfire night, where we burn effigies and send up fireworks, (and my sister's birthday, according to her), November is an entirely horrible month.
We did October through to early Nov. I loved that cold snap at the end, all the pretty frost, although the rain sucked. Cold I can abide, but wet and cold, no thanks! We only get that prettiness mid-winter here, such a short time when everything glistens, and the frozen grass crunches under your feet. We'd walk along the Thames just on dusk as the lights came on, so lovely! But I adore the cold - a lot of Aussies do given some days it's so hot here mid-summer your nose starts to bleed!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
I'm totally looking forward to autumn; even though summer is my favorite season, I love all the things that happen in autumn.

My anniversary and Halloween in October, Thanksgiving (and EQLA) in November, getting ready for Christmas in December (though technically that's winter)... not to mention My Little Pony: The Movie came out in the autumn this year! So many fun things and I am looking forward to hopefully spending more time with family, specifically my brother and his wife.

And then there's all the pumpkin things and hot tea...

The only thing I don't like is the weather, because I can't handle cold, but I'm happy for all the people who prefer cold weather!
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal