collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What kind of meal do you make for supper on a regular every day basis?

Home cooked meal (everything is made from scratch and all food groups are included)
25 (42.4%)
Something easy from a box (like hamburger helper.)
8 (13.6%)
Anything that is microwaveable...
2 (3.4%)
Drive though, Carry Out or Delivery.
2 (3.4%)
Someone else makes supper for me. :)
10 (16.9%)
Other... (please specify)
12 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: What do you make for supper?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline MimicMLP

• ~Non-Picky Pony Collector~
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • MimicMLP's Sales
What do you make for supper?
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
Hi
okay so I thought I would ask what y'all make for dinner on a regular basis because I am having and issue. 

I never learned how to cook when I was younger and my mom always made the same things...Hamburger helper, frozen pizza or hotdogs...easy things.

Now that I'm married (going on 3 years now) my husband doesn't understand why i have trouble knowing what to make for supper. I HATE cooking, bakeing, frying, and pretty much doing anything in the kitchen (except eating of course lol).  My husband says we are the only family that doesnt eat a home made full course meal every night.

And I simply don't believe this is true...But I want stats to back me up. lol

So, that being said....What do YOU make for supper?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: What do you make for supper?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »
Either I just grab something random, we go out, or hubby cooks. He likes cooking and me not so much. I prefer baking. So, he typically cooks and I make cake. :happy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
It's just hubby and me here and he's *extremely* picky! So a lot of times we either get take out, I make him grilled cheese and hotdogs.... or rice and chilli... or something easy because that's all he'll eat. *grumbles*

If I have my choice I will cook meals that are a little more complete... hamburgers with a salad, or vegetable beef soup, or fried chicken with potatoes and a vegetable.

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
You are DEFINITELY not the only family that doesn't eat a full course meal at home every night!

I cook at home, but it tends to be simple things like taco salad, turkey burgers, soups, pasta, etc.  Sometimes I go all out and make tamales but that's only because they are fantastic and it makes so many it is worth the effort. 

Do you have a slow cooker? That makes things pretty easy just dump stuff in and come home to dinner making the kitchen smell good.  If you don't have one yet, they are pretty cheap.

What type of foods do you and hubby like to eat? Maybe we could get you some good simple recipes sent over.  My hubby and I like to cook together, it can be fun :)

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
I only eat a full course meal in the event that I go to a restaurant or someone comes over.
A lot of times I'll just have whatever I find around the kitchen.  My default foods are tuna salad with all kinds of veggies in it or a tex mexish type thing which is basically beans, corn, salsa, and cheese nuked in the microwave and eaten with an avocado and/or sliced up tomato. I really hate touching raw meat and in general eating a lot of meat, but occassionally I'll buy some ground turkey and make dirty rice with extra onions, garlic, mushrooms, and some bell peppers at the last minute for crispness.   I'm pretty much perfectly content with the one course/food item deal which isn't so bad considering how much vegetable I'll put into stuff just because I can.  It's that or eat cheese and crackers which can also make for a fine meal.  Mmmm.  I'm more of a sides person anyway.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
After having eliminated wheat and grains from my diet, I pretty much have to make my own food from scratch. Nearly everything processed has wheat, starch or grains in it. Or even just sugar or bad oils.

So I tend to just make myself meat and veggies, or salads, or omelets. My food is very repetitious right now because our income is nearly nonexistent, or else I'd make myself more extravagant recipes. :D
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
I just cook for myself (husb works nights), and I'm learning to eat right, so my meals are becoming more like elvenwine's. I just make sure it's balanced. I mainly focus on veggies, it has to have protein, then the carbs & fat just work their way in.  I gained sooo much weight after I moved in with my SO because he's a picky eater, and I found it easier to just take on his diet (frozen pizza, hotdogs, mac n cheese, burgers, & ramen) instead of figuring out meals every night. Now I read healthy cooking food blogs/recipes to get ideas... I like to try new things! But what I don't understand is why your husband doesn't pitch in & lead by example.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
I'm a strict vegetarian, so I mostly make food at home.  I used to cook from scratch about 90% of the time, but with a toddler and a full-time job you just don't have that much time anymore, so I tend to stick to quicker recipes these days.  I'll make a batch of TVP (textured soy-based protein with a ground meat like consistency), seitan (wheat-meat) or a lentil loaf and refrigerate it for use during the week, with a simple vegetable side, and some fruit or occasionally other things for dessert.  I find myself ordering out more these days as well - there's a great cheap Japanese place down the street where I can get grilled tofu, veggies, and rice if I just don't have the time or energy.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Well, It depends. For supper, usually I'm too lazy to cook and will munch on ready-to-eat cookies or dunk them in a cup of coffee. Sometimes I'll make butter sandwich. But usually nothing too heavy because I'd already have dinner.

I can cook tho- somewhat. I'm planning to attempt to make lasagna this weekend just to see if I can do it.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »
I'm not the best cook as my mother was also not a good cook and I am a vegetarian while my husband is not. I don't have the skills or patience for much cooking and we prefer crummy boxed stuff anyway, so that's us. We've been happily married for 4 years. At first he was adamant about me cooking more, but now we are set in our ways. I do cook very rarely, but we prefer the "every man for himself" method and occasionally grabbing food elsewhere (Panera Bread ... healthy-ish and delicious!).

You're definitely not the only ones out there!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
My guy drives a truck so it is only me during the week so on the weekends when he is home I try to do something nice. During the week when it is just myself I'll usually either eat leftovers from the weekend or make something easy like ramen or microwave burritos.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »
Mom uually cooks, but I cook on occasion.  I am decent with baking and breakfasts.  And simple stuff.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
I went with the "something easy from a box", but that's usually combined with something in the microwave. It all depends on the day and what's going on and how we feel. Occasionally we do a "proper" meal, often we do something boxes/microwave, and often fast food (either something like McDonald's, or picking up those pre-cooked chickens from the store).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline MimicMLP

• ~Non-Picky Pony Collector~
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • MimicMLP's Sales
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Thanks for the replys everyone! This helps me alot! lol

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
Usually something from scratch, never anything really complicated though or something you can shove in the oven. My brother started a diet last week so we've been doing more from scratch cooking at home.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal