collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What kind of meal do you make for supper on a regular every day basis?

Home cooked meal (everything is made from scratch and all food groups are included)
25 (42.4%)
Something easy from a box (like hamburger helper.)
8 (13.6%)
Anything that is microwaveable...
2 (3.4%)
Drive though, Carry Out or Delivery.
2 (3.4%)
Someone else makes supper for me. :)
10 (16.9%)
Other... (please specify)
12 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: What do you make for supper?  (Read 3090 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: What do you make for supper?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
Im a special case..where ill actually have to help out or make something for the family..but I cant eat any of it since im limited to maybe 5% of foods out there at the moment.

Im usually reduced to things like chicken or sourdough bread. Things left in their original state or made from scratch (since im super sensitive to almost everything)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
I use bought sauces, but I bulk them with veg I bought and add starches like rice and stuff.

I try to shop at the local grocer and butchers, and when the grocers gets more established I'm going to get local eggs too. It's hard, but it makes me feel like I'm keeping Sweet Apple Acres in business when I support local stores.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
i usually have things made form scratch one day we have things on toast e.g spaghetti/beans/egg ,then one day i make thingsfrom the frezzer e.g chips and chicken scallops then i will make a cassarole either beef lamb or chicken and then one bday we have take out pizza /chinese and on sunday i do a roast chicken /lamb with carrots roasty taters parsnips gravy and mint sauce yum yum yum !!!! xaflamex

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
I usually make a boxed dinner, since it is quick and easy, but I will also make things from scratch too.  :)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
I voted "someone else makes it for me." I'm still in college so there's a cafeteria.

When I make food for myself it's usually something boxed. Though I am known on campus for making good meat dishes out of unusual meat (so far the favorite has been ostrich followed up by kangaroo.) I also like making Japanese food like rice balls, noodles, and curry rice.

Duster reference]

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »
It when we get home/what we feel like, although I usually try to make something easy from scratch (like pasta, gratins, chilli, salad, something random with chicken), but we tend to revert to eating frozen pizza, baked beans on toast or one of those miracoli tomato sauce things about 2 or 3 times a week... Although I have no idea why I find it hard to get motivated to cook, since I usually get back home from uni at about 4:30, I'm just lazy I guess x) My boyfriend sometimes tries to help out, although he usually only makes hamburgers! 

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »
I cook but not everything is homemade I like o take some shortcuts to make yummy dinners. W try not to ea out a lot...but I don't always like to cook and my hubby can't cook a lot of things, so we stil eat out now and then.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 04:20:30 AM »
I'm one of those annoying homey-fianceés XP I do make a homemade-full-dinner every night. And if I don't feel too cook I just do pankakes ^__^ or soup.
My fianceé have to bring lunch with him every day for work, so I usually cook big meals on sundays to cover his whole week :)
But I know I'm a bit on the extreme side, And not all people have the time or energy too cook this much. It's only because It's an interrest of mine that I do :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Stroggos

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »
I'm one of those annoying homey-fianceés XP I do make a homemade-full-dinner every night. And if I don't feel too cook I just do pankakes ^__^ or soup.
My fianceé have to bring lunch with him every day for work, so I usually cook big meals on sundays to cover his whole week :)
But I know I'm a bit on the extreme side, And not all people have the time or energy too cook this much. It's only because It's an interrest of mine that I do :)

You're an inspiration, I would keep at it.  :)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »
When I have the time and the budget for cooking at home, I do. But I tend to make simple meals. I am fond of One dish meals.. Like Stew, or Chili, or Chicken casserole or Lasagna. Sometimes I do pork loin or meatloaf or grilled chicken, and may do one side with it.

A lot of the time, we eat out. Surprisingly, I was spending almost as much money buying food to cook at home, as I was eating out. We eat pretty cheap stuff when we eat out.. But I got curious and kept a list of what I spent on each meal and I was shocked. I dont buy expensive groceries.. yet each meal cost about $20 in ingredients most times. Maybe $15. And thats about what we spend when we get fast food or delivery.

When I do cook, I like to use Allrecipes.com to find a recipe to try. I have an app for it on my phone that is sort of neat. It has a dinner spinner and you can get a random meal suggestion based on meat, veggies, and stuff. You can tell it what ingredients you have that you want to use up, and it will suggest a recipe that uses those things. It is a great place to find recipes to use as a learning base also. You can learn how to make something, then change it bit by bit to fit your tastes.

I even uploaded my favorite potato soup recipe there. But I am the only one to have rated it lol. http://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/62975773/rich-and-cheesy-potato-soup/detail.aspx

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »
I try to cook dinner most nights, but since I work, it's usually something very easy.  Most nights we have baked fish or chicken (season with a rub or sauce, then stick in the oven), plus a vegetable (stir fried or raw).  If you have the Food Network, I recommend the "30 minute meals" show because everything made on there is simple and can be made within 30 minutes. 

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
Dry cereal bc I'm ridiculous and it's the only thing I'll tolerate. :silly:

Cereals I'll have.. Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Grahams (they're called Curiously Cinnamon over here!! I actually hate cinnamon :blink:), Cookie Crisp, Apple Jacks (on the rare occasions I can get them), Shreddies and Frosted Shreddies. :D

I used to like Frosties, Cornflakes, Golden Nuggets and Crunchy Nut.. but now I don't. :lol: I don't like Coco Pops, Rice Krispies, Honey Cheerios (normal ones are bearable), Sugar Puffs (vile!), and I think Special K is only worth eating in a cereal bar as it tastes disgusting by itself. :drunk: Who honestly thought of that omg.

Funnily enough, I can say I'm a fantastic cook. I can prepare elaborate meals for others.. Italian food and vegetarian dishes especially, and I know seasoning, herbs and spices well. I've been cooking since I was 13. I'm constantly baking too, it's a stress reliever. I just won't eat what I cook. :lmao:
Fight like a girl..

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
I plan our meals weekly and my partner makes them. I am very good at coming up with our creations.

Tomorrow night we're making a new concoction that I came up with. A flatbread made with chicken marinated in a sweet chili sauce, drizzled with honey and finished with asiago cheese. We'll have that with a cucumber soup. 

Last night I had us whip up pork chops with a balsamic vinegarette and cranberry sauce.   

I have a lot of recipes saved on my pinterest and we've made about 94% of them. Check them out!

https://pinterest.com/brimeetsbooks/recipes/

I get most of my recipes from a low cal website called skinnytaste.com
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
I rarely ever have an actual "meal".  I generally graze on snack foods.

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
Probably 6 out of 7 dinners, I make at home.  We go out once, maybe twice a week, unless we're both really busy or I don't have anything planned/forgot to defrost stuff.  I make most stuff from scratch, but it's fairly simple during the week, mainly pastas, stir-fries, pan-seared fish, etc.  On the weekends, or when we have guests, I make more complicated stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal