collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your job?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's your job?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
I'm an un-employed highschool student. It really sucks. :[

Same. :(

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
 I am a Vet Tech for an equine veterinary clinic. I get to be around horses all day however since the place i work for doesn't require you to have a certification let alone a degree as a vet tech they don't pay me what I am worth so I am trying to find a second job to fill in the income gaps I have. Some days I really like my job and other days I don't. There are days when I get to help the vets out quite a bit and days when I do nothing but the dirty work and I put in 10-12 hour shifts.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
I'm a high school English teacher.  DX
^ This right here. I teach 9th and 11th grade English. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
During the school year, I'm a full-time college student. I work three paid jobs:
-Writer for the campus magazine
-HP Electroink mixer for digital print lab
-Social Media Coordinator for social achievement game

The president of our college decided that we don't need the physical presses anymore, so our magazine won't be printed. The editors are scrambling to figure out what to do next, but it's not going to be the same pay as it is now, most likely.

I've also been running my pony merch blog and making a small bit of money off of advertisements, nothing to live off of. I'm also doing a social media marketing internship (unpaid) for a children's magazine for the summer, and I might write the story for a video game, too.

So yeah, I do a lot, but no one really wants to pay me a lot for what I do :/

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
I'm a School Psychologist. I generally prefer to work with high school students, but this coming year I'm switching to elementary. I am essentially a testing expert for the areas of psychoeducational assessment. I give a lot of IQ tests, Achievement tests, and other psycho-social assessment instruments to determine a small part of a child's strengths and weaknesses in order to help them be successful in their academic careers.

Most days I like my job. I like "my" kiddos and I like making a difference in their lives. Most kids go through school and end up in "special education" tend to feel like they are stupid. No child is stupid, they are just wired a bit differently and learn differently than other children, I like using my skills to help the kids figure out how THEY can make the most of their education. It will be interesting working with a younger population, since there is quite a bit of resistance at the high school level. Also, parents. Some are wonderful and amazing people, some are not. Those that are not make my job very hard, I've even been chewed out before when their straight A student didn't qualify for special education and couldn't be diagnosed with a 'disorder' of some sort.

I meet a lot of people though =) I also have an anxiety disorder. I definitely wish you luck!

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Currently I'm a pharmacy technician, but I'm working on getting another job as a manager at a retail store. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
I'm a high school English teacher.  DX
^ This right here. I teach 9th and 11th grade English. ^.^

Awesome to see another English teacher!  I teach 9th and 10th grades.  How do you like those freshmen?   :pullhair:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
I'm a retail drone.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
Currenty struggling to start up being a riding instructor.  Need a tad more capital to fix the arena footing, and I need a good month or so of both me and my horses staying sound for us all to get back in shape.  Other than that, I'm a stay-at-home military wife.

My degree's in animal science, so the only real jobs that I've done have been animal related.  Mostly vet "teching" (I won't call myself a tech, since I never went to school for that, specifically), but also handling military working dogs, socializing resident animals at the campus vet school, managing horse farms and tons of rescue/rehab/training work.  A couple summers in college I worked temp work for the HR department of a big corporation back home - mostly filing and other mundane clerical stuff.  I actually kind of enjoyed that job, as sorting things is therapeutic to me :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »

Awesome to see another English teacher!  I teach 9th and 10th grades.  How do you like those freshmen?   :pullhair:
I know! I never see any on the other forums I post around. ^.^  Ah, well keep in mind this is my first year teaching, but they kinda drove me insane. I did request to teach only 9th next year though. I work for a district that is high poverty and by some large prisons...it's not the best area for education.  >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
I work at a nursery, the kind that sells plants. I'm kind of a multi-purpose employee? I'm a cashier, I label, stock, and take care of plants, and I try to help customers with my limited knowledge of plants. (I haven't been working there long.) It's definitely not bad, but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life, either :P

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

kaninchen

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
i am a very over educated layabout. actually, i make and sell art dolls. but mostly layabout.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
Costume artist
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »
I'm a just a mom right now, but in my former life (pre-kids) I went to school for culinary arts and was a chef.  I really enjoyed that, but the hours don't work well with being an active parent, so after having kids I stayed home for a few years.  I've since worked at a coffee shop (fun but the pay sucked), a video store (another fun, simple job but low paying), as a customer service rep for a credit card company (easy and paid decent), as an underwriting liason for a mortgage company (I really liked that job a lot, I got to help people buy houses but I didn't have to deal with the actual customers and it paid pretty well.  When the mortgage industry crashed here, I got laid off.), and then the last one was a para legal for a tax attorney (I hated that job with a passion).  So now since I'm going to be home again for a few years with my newest baby, I'm focusing on ponies and getting my etsy stuff up and running which will mostly be costumes and children's clothing.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 02:19:39 AM »
Wow there really are alot of jobs I never even considered existed. There are some that I feel could really fit me and I'm getting a bit more grasp around what I could see myself doing. Now I just have to see what this goverment work agency actually have in those areas to offer hehe.

But thank you all for taking your time and replying :) Has helped me alot in figuring out what I could search for job-wize.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal