collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me about Poseys!  (Read 2277 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Tell me about Poseys!
« on: August 08, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
Hi all!

I would love to find out more about Poseys and different variants of her. Posey is one of My favourites, and was considering getting some variants of her- but I know so little. I know there is a baby Posey (that I love!), a collector pose Posey and I might have seen a blue Posey? Not sure if My memory serves me right on that last one.

Are there more?
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Tell me about Poseys!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 04:53:36 PM »
I have a few Poseys with varying symbols and shades of hair. The hair fades due to sunlight and can end up white, same with the symbols. One of my Poseys has dark pink tulips. She was sold as part of a set in the UK and a different set in Europe, but not in the USA:

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/posey.htm
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:55:19 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 07:24:18 AM »
I have a few Poseys with varying symbols and shades of hair. The hair fades due to sunlight and can end up white, same with the symbols. One of my Poseys has dark pink tulips. She was sold as part of a set in the UK and a different set in Europe, but not in the USA:

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/posey.htm

Yes, I know about her- and see her regularly (I’m from Europe!). I have the one with light pink symbols. She was sold in the set with collector pose Bowtie and AJ. But that versjon is the same as early version in the US. The Posey with magenta tulips I think is from the same set as Truly and Cupcake? I think there is a theory that they were released instead of So Soft ponies, and that is why her symbols are darker? I’m not sure, but I have lot of infos on these releases in Scandinavia as I did some research a couple of years ago. I’ve forgotten a lot though :lol:

I love her pink hair, and is not that interested in the faded versions of her although some of them are quite beautiful. Do you know if there is a blue Posey? Maybe I dreamed about her, but I would love it if She excisted!

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
There is a blue Posey, wow she's gorgeous! Italy Blue Posey: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Italy-blue-posey.jpg

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:48:20 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 10:16:08 AM »
Oh my! She is amazing! :heart: She is from Italy! I wonder what her price range is? Look at that pink hair- she reminds me of Bowtie :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 11:01:33 AM »
I have a Posey that was once a So-Soft but the fuzz came off in clumps whenever I touched her so I deflocked her. 

Her mane has already started to fade to white but her tail is pretty pink still.  Her symbol is still dark pink because it was protected by the flocking.

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 11:40:24 AM »
She is so sweet! Love the yellow- pink combo :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 01:44:17 PM »
@Katrine, I am 99% sure you're right about the dark tulip Posey being in the Truly set, but that's not a widely distributed set in most parts of Europe. She was sold here in the set with Gypsy, Hopscotch, Honeycomb, UK CJ with the straight hair and Snowflake. I think in some other places she was sold in a set with Hopscotch, Snowflake, the Euro Lickety Split (dark symbols/curls/paler body) and Euro CJ (darker symbols/curls) and white Tootsie. I'm not 100% without looking it up whether that set would've been available for you or not.

She's no relation of the Movie Stars but her darker symbol is probably because Hasbro were printing darker symbols at that time for the SS set as well.

The Italian blue posey is gorgeous.

My sister also has a Posey army :) Her most recent addition was the Basic Fun one :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »
I have a Venezuelan Posey.  I think there are several versions.  The one I have is green with non-fading pink hair and fairly red flowers.  Her plastic is…odd. She looks like she’s made out of a slightly translucent lime candy.  Like some kind of less shiny gummi candy. It doesn’t come across well in photos, but it looks a bit off compared to regular MLP plastic.  It’s actually pretty awesome as far as I’m concerned!  I haven’t found a decent photo hosting site since Photobucket imploded, so sorry no photo.  I can email a photo of you want - just PM me.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
Argentina CP Posey is lovely as is Argie Baby Posey ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 05:03:27 AM »
I can vouch for how cute as bits Argie Baby Posey is, having acquired one not long ago xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »
I have a Venezuelan Posey.  I think there are several versions.  The one I have is green with non-fading pink hair and fairly red flowers.  Her plastic is…odd. She looks like she’s made out of a slightly translucent lime candy.  Like some kind of less shiny gummi candy. It doesn’t come across well in photos, but it looks a bit off compared to regular MLP plastic.  It’s actually pretty awesome as far as I’m concerned!  I haven’t found a decent photo hosting site since Photobucket imploded, so sorry no photo.  I can email a photo of you want - just PM me.

Wow she's lovely! I'm just looking on the mylittle wiki. I love the colour combination of red, pink and turquoise.

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 12:17:13 PM »
@Katrine, I am 99% sure you're right about the dark tulip Posey being in the Truly set, but that's not a widely distributed set in most parts of Europe. She was sold here in the set with Gypsy, Hopscotch, Honeycomb, UK CJ with the straight hair and Snowflake. I think in some other places she was sold in a set with Hopscotch, Snowflake, the Euro Lickety Split (dark symbols/curls/paler body) and Euro CJ (darker symbols/curls) and white Tootsie. I'm not 100% without looking it up whether that set would've been available for you or not.

She's no relation of the Movie Stars but her darker symbol is probably because Hasbro were printing darker symbols at that time for the SS set as well.

My sister also has a Posey army :) Her most recent addition was the Basic Fun one :)

We had both sets in Norway! I do see a lot of Hopscotch, white Tootsie and Snowflake second-hand so I think this set were more distributed. But the Truly set is not rare. The last couple of  months I’ve seen Truly come up in childhood collection sales 4-5 times. I’ve never found Cupcake though!

Post Merge: August 19, 2022, 12:17:52 PM

Argentina CP Posey is lovely as is Argie Baby Posey ^.^

Love pkw xxx

They are on my wishlist :heart:

Post Merge: August 19, 2022, 12:19:05 PM

Awesome! I’ve never seen this Posey before, She sounds really Cool!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:19:05 PM by katrine2309 »

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 01:21:27 PM »

It's correct that she was sold on the same card as white Tootsie among others (som was the one with light Tulips as well, but it might have been distributed in separate areas, or separated by production year, as both green and white Tootsie comes on that card, both liight and dark Tulip Posey, as well as light and dark coned ice cream Lickety Split.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 06:39:58 PM »
There is a blue Posey, wow she's gorgeous! Italy Blue Posey: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Italy-blue-posey.jpg

Oh my goodness she's gorgeous! Love that they're called Hippyponies
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:42:30 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal