collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which G3's aside from the art/fair/con ponies are sought after?  (Read 294 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
I remember that back in the day, there were quite a few G3's that were popular and could go for more $5. Port-o-bella and Rainbow Bubbles come to my mind. Are they still as popular? I'm asking because my friend has quite a collection of them and she would like to donate most of the G3's and maybe sell the more pricey ones. Are there any sets that I could advise her to keep? Or are all of the G3's on the market so common, that she should just donate them all?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Which G3's aside from the art/fair/con ponies are sought after?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
If they are in excellent condition, she could try selling them on here - new collectors start all the time. I only started collecting G3s about a year ago. Failing that have a look on ebay - a lot of people are happy to ship within the EU. I wouldn't say donate any of them.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »
Some of the international releases can still be pricey - especially if they are MIB - mainly the SLHs. But in the main the ones which still do well are the Birthflowers; they can get really expensive for G3s as even when they were out they were quite hard to track down. Beach Belle & Caribbean Delight although dramatically down in price are still expensive. Minty II, Winter Snow and Tink II again while not at their $$ heights of days pass still do well.

There are others which are harder to find and sought after - Port o Bella, Anchors Away etc - but they dont tend to run too expensive any more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »
Thank you :) I think strawberry reef mentions which release was international and which hasn't been so distinguishing them will be easy :) I think she has the May birthflower (lily of the valley?) but I need to check it to be sure. Good to know that there at least might be one pony that is pricey :blush:
My friend isn't really a collector. We had met at uni and because she's moving permanently to my city she's going through her childhood toys and giving them mostly up to orphans or to secondhand toys shops (she's 7 years younger than me so yeah, all ponies she has are G3's). She actually was surprised when I've told her that ponies might have any value at all. Will see if she agrees to sale them on the Arena or through me. While it is very noble of her to offer her toys to others, she could use a bit of extra cash for herself.

Though I'm surprised Anchors Away isn't as expensive anymore! I remember that girl going for $50! That's a bummer to those who had to pay that much for her :(

Anyway, thanks so much for your help! :hug:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
Yeah poor old Anchors Away is more like $15 on a good day now and sometimes she will sell lower. Unfortunately these ponies were picked up in quite large quantities even though they seemed hard to find at the time - its just that we were all on the look out and prices were driven higher by those of us who could not find her, who missed out on her or who lived in countries she was not available at all. The lines later swamp ebay and local garage sales/thrift shops after the children they were bought for no longer want them and that pushes prices lower.
Loa is my love god!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
I'd like to buy Anchors Away and Port-O-Bella but still a bit pricey for me. Want to finish my G1s...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
I feel like Rainbowberry and the other non-us-release pony I think Rainbow Bubbles or something like that are pretty pricey but not sure.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 02:31:20 PM »
If she has the breezy Day Lily,  that will bring a pretty penny. One just went for over fifty dollars on ebay. @_@ Don't know if that was a fluke or not--people getting all adrenalined out in a bidding war? Heh. It was only the second one I have seen come up since starting the breezies hunt a few years ago.  I think she came with a balloon- flying pony, with a white balloon. (I for one am looking for her and that white balloon, but waiting for the """""right"""" price lol)

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »
Even though the prices for some have dropped dramatically in the last few years, these are still the most sought after ones...
http://www.strawberryreef.com/Topics/rare.html

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »
So much useful!

I love my G3s  ^.^

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »
What about Toola Roola #1?
Since she's a completely different pony from that core 7 one (they made a whole new pony but stole that first pony's name to use) is she still doing ok? I know she was a bit of a bigger deal a while ago because of the whole recycled name issue.
I ask because I kind of don't think so any more since I've had one available forever and there is no interest.

Also, what about those 25th anniversary boxed g3s?
The really pretty ones with designs all over & inspirational words? Most people kept those MIB (I sure did) but are the loose ones doing all right since that box was pretty expensive because you had to buy them all in one shot?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »
Thank you :) I think strawberry reef mentions which release was international and which hasn't been so distinguishing them will be easy :) I think she has the May birthflower (lily of the valley?) but I need to check it to be sure. Good to know that there at least might be one pony that is pricey :blush:
My friend isn't really a collector. We had met at uni and because she's moving permanently to my city she's going through her childhood toys and giving them mostly up to orphans or to secondhand toys shops (she's 7 years younger than me so yeah, all ponies she has are G3's). She actually was surprised when I've told her that ponies might have any value at all. Will see if she agrees to sale them on the Arena or through me. While it is very noble of her to offer her toys to others, she could use a bit of extra cash for herself.

Though I'm surprised Anchors Away isn't as expensive anymore! I remember that girl going for $50! That's a bummer to those who had to pay that much for her :(

Anyway, thanks so much for your help! :hug:
If she has a Rainbow Bubbles  I would like to buy her :) and some other SLHs :)

Dandelion  is a want for me too :)

and I have a friend who is missing  17 g3's to complete the whole g3 collection :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
What about Toola Roola #1?
Since she's a completely different pony from that core 7 one (they made a whole new pony but stole that first pony's name to use) is she still doing ok? I know she was a bit of a bigger deal a while ago because of the whole recycled name issue.
I ask because I kind of don't think so any more since I've had one available forever and there is no interest.

Also, what about those 25th anniversary boxed g3s?
The really pretty ones with designs all over & inspirational words? Most people kept those MIB (I sure did) but are the loose ones doing all right since that box was pretty expensive because you had to buy them all in one shot?

The inspired words ponies are still popular but they are not that hard to find and they are certainly not as expensive as they used to be, the same with the first Toola. I have one I cant give away :P
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal