collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cosplay brag!  (Read 2323 times)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
Re: cosplay brag!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
That looks fantastic!  I love cosplay, just started getting into it myself and having lots of problems with my recent one, but it is so much fun!  I don't know this character, but it is so very impressive!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

LoftyWings

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
For anybody interested, I also have a cosplay advice blog aimed at novice cosplayers. http://effectivecos.blogspot.com/

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
Thanks for the blog link!  I enjoyed reading a few of them!  I've never heard of that... flex stuff you used before (I mostly use what I have around the house and can get second hand from the thrift store, or hardware store).  I'm currently making Midna's true form and spent a bit more money on some things and those are the things that arent turning out for me, sigh.  They still work, but my standards are really high, haha.

wishlist/adoptables

LoftyWings

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the blog link!  I enjoyed reading a few of them!  I've never heard of that... flex stuff you used before (I mostly use what I have around the house and can get second hand from the thrift store, or hardware store).  I'm currently making Midna's true form and spent a bit more money on some things and those are the things that arent turning out for me, sigh.  They still work, but my standards are really high, haha.

Look around for craft foam tutorials. You can do a lot of similar things with wonderflex and craft foam. I personally prefer wonderflex (it's much more versatile, and I'm much better with it than craft foam too) but it's amazing what some people can do with craft foam.

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
I made some Zelda armor with craft foam, and it turned out really good!  Got lots of compliments on it at the convention last year.  Made the entire zelda cosplay with $40 and a lot of time.  Thrifting came in handy, and I had a lot around the house that could have been considered garbage that I used to make the costume.  Half the cost went to the ears and spirit gum, which I reasoned could be used for many different elven costumes.  I picked more 'lifelike' ears than some of the ones they had.  :)

wishlist/adoptables

Obscuria

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:46:23 PM »
One of he BEST/CRAZIEST cosplays I ever did was the Dark Knight/Heath Ledgers version of The Joker! No one knew I was a girl, let me know if you want pics, Asajj Ventress was another great one.......I've done a few I'm proud of.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
It looks amazing! I can't imagine how long it took to do. But I really admire your craftmanship! :D
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

LoftyWings

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
It looks amazing! I can't imagine how long it took to do. But I really admire your craftmanship! :D

Thank you! This July is my 10-year cosplay/convention anniversary, so I've been at this for a while. I love challenging myself with huge ambitious projects. Yojimbo is by far the biggest I've ever attempted, though, and I am so proud of how it came out. My next challenge is going to be Hikaru (celestial version) from Magic Knight Rayearth. Other near future plans include Tickled Pink for a full Rainbow Bright cast at Dragon*Con (several people from the Aeons group accompanying), Snow & Serah from FFXIII for my boyfriend & me, and Mami from Madoka Magica. Not in that order, though ;)

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
Obscuria... ventress sounds awesome!
Loftywings... the list just keeps growing, right?  I know I have so many characters I'd love to cosplay and my time is less and less, haha.

wishlist/adoptables

LoftyWings

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

Loftywings... the list just keeps growing, right?

HAH! That's just my plans for the next 10 months or so. I've gave up long ago listing every single thing I wanted to make and just keep track of what I reasonably believe I can find time to make XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal