collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you balance different doll collections?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you balance different doll collections?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:19 AM »
Usually on their stands.........Sorry......Someone had to say it........

That is a good one!! Lol!!!

That you everyone for sharing with me. I think that I might find a blance that will work well for me. I don't think I'll be a huge collector but I will collect the ones I like. I don't think that as or right now I'll be branching out to other lines. But I really wanna get one or two BJDs and make them my focus. I loves my last girl and was sad to see her go but I have another in mind to replace her. So hopefully here in a month or two I can replace her with the new one I was looking at.

Thanks again everyone.

KailaOceano

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »
Going over the doll lines I collect.
Monster High
Ever After High
Novi Star
Disney Dolls
Limited Disney Dolls
Pullip

I mainly only go for the dolls that really grab my attention and I could say owning for a very long time and really love. 
I never really was a completest but I always had a wishlist of what I want and what I could afford and store in my home.
Take in a factor of how much space you have for displaying your collections.

I am more centered at dolls I know that will be harder to get like Limited Edition Disney dolls and Pullips.
I still occasionally get monster high but its a very casual thing.

Sometimes I get in a frenzy like I need them all. I remember buying dolls and then after a month returning them back to the store.
But now I know I need to be selective on what I want to own and it really helped balancing all the different doll collections I own.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:22 AM »
Monster High was where things got really overwhelming for me. I'm glad I sold off most of my collection and now only have 2 boxed dolls and 3 loose. I have no regrets at all about that decision.

Basically I balance myself by just getting what I like. It's the same way with ponies. I've never had a "GET THEM ALL!" mentality. If I like the way it looks or it fits a certain character then I'll add it to the wishlis. If not, meh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal