collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your favorite toy line aside from MLP?  (Read 962 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What is your favorite toy line aside from MLP?
« on: August 23, 2023, 05:44:13 AM »
For me, it will always be Kenner Littlest Pet Shop. I have quite a collection including some rare sets, all complete. I'd love to continue collecting them and having a place to display them would be nice.

My best friend as a kid and I had almost all the sets between the two of us. We'd set up and play in her basement and they'd take up about half the room. We're still friends and talk about LPS sometimes :) She still has all of hers too.

My first one was the Dalmatian with the carry case. I named him Sparky. He shows his age and how loved he was, he's missing some spots that were rubbed off over time.

The last time I looked them up on eBay, the price had come down a lot from when I was buying them. I should consider starting up again. Really I'm only missing a few, but they are very HTF. My grail is the alternate Happy Pups that was sold later in the line.

What about you and your fav toys? :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: What is your favorite toy line aside from MLP?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 06:54:31 AM »
For me, it will always be Kenner Littlest Pet Shop. I have quite a collection including some rare sets, all complete. I'd love to continue collecting them and having a place to display them would be nice.

My best friend as a kid and I had almost all the sets between the two of us. We'd set up and play in her basement and they'd take up about half the room. We're still friends and talk about LPS sometimes :) She still has all of hers too.

My first one was the Dalmatian with the carry case. I named him Sparky. He shows his age and how loved he was, he's missing some spots that were rubbed off over time.

The last time I looked them up on eBay, the price had come down a lot from when I was buying them. I should consider starting up again. Really I'm only missing a few, but they are very HTF. My grail is the alternate Happy Pups that was sold later in the line.

What about you and your fav toys? :)

I love G1 Kenner LPS too! I don’t have them all but still quite a collection, now about half and half from childhood and as an adult collector. Since it is probably my second largest collection after MLP that I actively seek out, it probably is my next favorite. I just collect so many vintage toys.

I actually have mine displayed in my ponyroom. My daughter loves to get into them and mess them all up.

@BlackCurtains: do you have pictures of yours?! My first was the Dalmatian too! I named him Pongo and took him everywhere. My second was the first edition parrot in cage. I remember getting the 2nd edition Petshop play case for a birthday.   What is that alternate one you were talking about?

I have a very specific list of what’s left that I still want too.

Oh and Monster High.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:53:46 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 07:14:08 AM »
Grand Champions Horses  I've been collecting them since I was little. Though I no longer have the horses from my child and teen years.  After a quick count, I've got 48 of the beauties, including some I got back, some I always wanted, and a few grails.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 07:18:16 AM »
Monster High. Hands down. Surprise, surprise.  :biggrin:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 07:36:42 AM »
@BlackCurtains: do you have pictures of yours?! My first was the Dalmatian too! I named him Pongo and took him everywhere. My second was the first edition parrot in cage. I remember getting the 2nd edition Petshop play case for a birthday.   What is that alternate one you were talking about?

I had pics but I lost them when Photobucket changed years ago. I should take them out and check on them, and take updated pics :) The alternate set is this one -

I've only seen it for a sale a handful of times, never had the money to bid.

I think my second was the hamsters :) I named them Ren and Stimpy :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 10:14:02 AM »
I love LPS (all gens), In My Pocket (all gens), poseable Care Bears, poseable Wuzzles, Strawberry Shortcake (1980s), Moondreamers, Schleich, & Keypers. All mostly for their ability to fit with the Ponies.

Regarding collections which don't fit with Ponies, it's plushies all the way!!! Even when I collected nothing else, a cute plushie in a charity shop would melt my heart!!! And you know all about Bakana, my Ikea sharky xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 10:42:27 AM »
Sylvanian Families!!!!!! Perhaps my first collection (I'm not sure which I had first, SFs or Aristocats toys - I'd consider SFs to be the first thing I really set out to collect, though). Even if Epoch are taking the line in.... odd...... directions as of late.... I still love them!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 12:02:12 PM »
That's a very hard question! My little Pony is far and away my favorite.  Most of the other toys I like hit equal status.

LalaLoopsie
Monster High
Ever After High
Rainbow High
Strawberry Shortcake
Dolls in general (especially from around my childhood)

Transformers
Calico Critters
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 02:16:05 PM »
Monster High! G1 so far but Abbey from G3 is just boo-tiful! Also love Once Upon a Zombie as well. The rest of my collections aren't from specific lines in terms of toys but more franchises or adult properties like DC Bombshells

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 08:56:48 PM »

I had pics but I lost them when Photobucket changed years ago. I should take them out and check on them, and take updated pics :) The alternate set is this one -

I've only seen it for a sale a handful of times, never had the money to bid.

I think my second was the hamsters :) I named them Ren and Stimpy :lol:

Oh yes, the second edition of it from ‘93. I do have that one and the original. Have been obsessed with getting both of those types myself.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2023, 05:49:22 PM »
Mine would be primal rage , just love the figures for it and found a bunch at a local flea market including necrosan.  One of my grail toys  that goes for a ton of money I got them for seven bucks complete. We even got 97% of the accessories  for most of the line and the cavemen that go with them

however chaos and blizzard were nowhere to be seen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal